Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Drop Cowboys 20-17 In OT Thriller

Thank you Father for this win, thank you for KR knocking Romo out at a critical time, thank you most of all for giving Colt a set so he could play well last night! The predicted score was much lower than my guess but the spread was right, a close game instead of the blowout many of us lowly men feared. Father, if I may ask for one more thing? Next time you put Colt on the field. can you give him an arm?

Thanks big guy,

Erad

Hail to the Redskins!! Amen!

There are wins when we beat teams with records like ours and there are wins that no way in hell should we get. Nobody is calling for Haslett's head this morning..haha! He keeps doing enough to save his job. But truthfully Haslett called a good game esp near the end when he faked blitzes and had the guys drop into coverage.

Another thing...it's always said that you run the ball to set up the passing game. Well sometimes it works the opposite like last night, Morris and Helu both benefited from dbacks out of the box in coverage allowing a decent night by our rbacks.

There is no better picture than to see Jerruh leave his box to come down to coach up Garrett and to cheerlead Romo to get on the field. He obviously has a serious man crush on Romo, I thought Jerruh only liked hookers and strippers?!?! The Cowturds got out-coached by the Redskins coaches. They abandoned Weedan when the run was working well, let Romo back in to save the game. If Garrett had any guts or balls he would have took Romo's helmet away and made him sit and live to play another day. I wonder if Peyton received a hit to the neck, laid on the field for 10 minutes if Fox would put him back in? Hell no he wouldn't, you are 6-1, see how the game plays out with your backup and live to play the rest of the season.

What a game! Colt made only one mistake when he tried to be like Kirk and threw that terrible interception in the end zone when Jackson was wide open in the flat. Chester got beat quite a bit last night. Compton was solid and that's good for everyone! The series when there was more runs than passes we scored a touchdown with the underrated Alfred Morris. Colt playing game manager was awesome. Exactly what we needed. Our defense....I can't believe they finally showed up. Haslett that is how you scheme against a team. Unfortunately he will not keep it up. I know it sounds like I'm only finding negative things to say but we are still 3-5. We need to clean things up and continue this winning streak. TWO in a row! Go skins!

HAIL! What a game... McCoy, Breeland, Amerson all played great, but in my eyes, the game ball goes to Haslett. He won this game for us. For as solid as that Dallas oline has been all year, he found a way to exploit it- that's something that Dallas' seven other teams couldn't. Not to be overly optimistic, but he may have just figured out the face and personality of this D. Very similar to Lebeau in Pitt.

Loved that the refs kept their flags in the their pockets. Although, I noticed plenty of no-calls on Dallas, there were just as many on us. A real pleasure to watch a hard-nosed football game with no ref interference.

We need to beat up the Vikings next game and head into the bye at 4-5, looking forward to getting TB the following week. Vikings are also coming off a close victory so they are saying the same thing. If Gruden is a good coach, he will have this team firing out of the gate like we did last night. HTTR!

What the hell is up with this auto-correct? Above I typed ''romoSUCKS'' but it corrects and puts RomoSUCKS up there. I don't need the site manager messing with my posts! If I want to just say dallas qb name then just leave it alone.

it does it to all our posts when we type anything about romo  dont know if its a  clitch  but i dont see while typing this but it might after i hit post lets see if they fixed it even tough its the truth lol!!!

The D was great, and how about those 2 young CBs.

Colt was a little shaky in the first half a couple of times, but settled down and played just like he did in college - high completion percentage, controls the O, and finds a way to win.

All those completions stopped the stacking up at the line and permitted a resurrection of the running game, way to go RBs.

The other replacement, Compton at RT, it is difficult without game films looking at individual position performance to tell if he was great or average; but he definitely was not the open door Polumbus had become - way to go RT.

Hail to the Redskins, it is a great day.

I have two comments:

1. Yesterday the Redskins team that showed up, regardless of their level of experience and talents, is a team that woke up in the morning wanting to win and they did! Hail to that Redskins team. I hope they keep it up for the rest of the season.

2. Regretfully, I said in the past that Cousins is the future of this team. I even said that Cousins is the next Tom Brady! Sorry Tom Brady, I didn't mean to insult you. Cousins is finished, at least here in DC :(

After watching the post-game press conference, Gruden has me worried that RG may start vs the Vikings; Colt definitely earned this start. Although he had a few mistakes early, he ended up going 30-35 and showed amazing composure down the stretch against our biggest rival, in their house, on prime time. Combine the fact that McCoy grasps this offense better than any other QB on our roster and the fact that we have a bye following this game- why rush RG back and risk him playing at less than 100% when he could have two more weeks of rest.

After watching the post-game press conference, Gruden has me worried that RG may start vs the Vikings; Colt definitely earned this start. Although he had a few mistakes early, he ended up going 30-35 and showed amazing composure down the stretch against our biggest rival, in their house, on prime time. Combine the fact that McCoy grasps this offense better than any other QB on our roster and the fact that we have a bye following this game- why rush RG back and risk him playing at less than 100% when he could have two more weeks of rest.

I agree with letting Colt have the next game. But did you see Griffins pre-game warmup? He did look pretty amazing running around. Got to trust Gruden on this one. On the other side of the coin Griffin needs as much work as possible.

That humble pie I had for breakfast tasted terrible but I'll gladly eat my words if Colt can continue to put in a solid performance like he's done the past two games. I admit, the best thing I've liked about him in the past is his Mom! OK, there are nitpicks about his game but in a victory OVER Dallas IN Dallas makes us forgive a lot of errors! It's been a while since our team has enjoyed a two game winning streak.....someone fire up the bandwagon, it's time to roll!

Erad

Manchild- I did see RG's pre-game warmups; very impressive. He favored the ankle a bit, but there's no doubt his speed is not lost. My issue is that if you watch film of RG vs the Texans and then watch Colt vs the Cowboys, one QB grasps the offense and the other doesn't. I'm really not worried about RG's speed and elusiveness, I'm worried about his head. It was great to see him on the sidelines taking notes and talking with Colt and coaches, but I can't help but remember how lost he looked when he played. Colt showed a great ability to diagnose the D pre-snap, then shuffle through his reads, and also use his legs when necessary. I'm an RG fan and have been since before we made the trade, but until he grasps Gruden's offense, I don't think he should be the automatic starter.

Manchild- I did see RG's pre-game warmups; very impressive. He favored the ankle a bit, but there's no doubt his speed is not lost. My issue is that if you watch film of RG vs the Texans and then watch Colt vs the Cowboys, one QB grasps the offense and the other doesn't. I'm really not worried about RG's speed and elusiveness, I'm worried about his head. It was great to see him on the sidelines taking notes and talking with Colt and coaches, but I can't help but remember how lost he looked when he played. Colt showed a great ability to diagnose the D pre-snap, then shuffle through his reads, and also use his legs when necessary. I'm an RG fan and have been since before we made the trade, but until he grasps Gruden's offense, I don't think he should be the automatic starter.

Glad you made me remember how frustrated I was with Griffin during that Texan's game...he did look lost. Watched the post game interview with Gruden and he is sold on Griffin starting as soon as he's ready. Honestly, I didn't like him coming to the Redskins, liked him in 2012, and have disliked him ever since....but no need for me to rehash that. Griffin seemed able to read the d in 2012 with the read option but it hasn't translated when he has to be a pro-style pocket passer it seems.

You saw him favor the ankle while I didn't notice it or didn't watch enough of the warmup. There is going to be nothing fair about Colt being replaced even if it means we lose some games. If Snyder hadn't leveraged the farm for Griffin this discussion probably wouldn't be happening.

Oh , and we were cheated last night to . Go look at the play in the endzone , right before we went into overtime . The one when breeland drop the INT . Murphy was held , and Romo was in the Endzone . The ball game was over then , but just like RAK , i guess Murphy won't get any calls either

hahahaha , What's family ???? What a wonderful day it is . .......How about the BOYS?????/ . Felt like a Super Bowl

Right on Dorrell. Didn't you just love it when Jerry Jones came down to the sidelines to get in Garrett's eAR? I was really hoping we could pull it off cause I know Snyder gave him a call today to check on omoR.

I hope they play Colt against the Vikes and Tampa, we can't afford to lose these next 2 with the Niners and Indy coming after that. I'm so over Griffin.

Dorrell- I saw that blatant hold on Murphy also, didn't even need the replay, caught it live... would have been a safety if called because it was in the end zone. The refs kept their flags in their pockets for most of the game after the 1st quarter, which was a nice change of pace from the rapid fire flag throwing we've seen so far this season. I believe the no-calls benefited the Cowboys a bit more, but we got away with a few ourselves. Either way, there's no excuses for the Cowboys on this one, they just got outcoached and outplayed. HTTR!

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong & I'm SSSOOO glad I was. It's raining around my neck of the woods today but it's like the sun & birds are shining & chirping for as good as I feel.

People let's not start singing Haslett's praises just yet. Yes, he called an acceptable game but that's what he's supposed to do & what he gets paid handsomely for. It's what he should've done from game 1. At the end of the day we still allowed 166 yards rushing, 6.6 yards/rush. We still allowed the Cow$hits to convert 41% of their 3rd downs. That's the same old story just a different game. As far as I'm concerned he still should be fired at seasons end.

The one thing that bothers me about this game is how we didn't/couldn't do anything with the turnovers we caused. This game shouldn't have been so close if we had turned those 2 fumbles into TDs or at least FGs. That's something we need to work on. Also, even though we've done worse we still committed 6 penalties. We need to be more disciplined.

Now, having said all of that, we beat those PIGS FROM DALLAST & to me that's all that matters. If we only win 1 more game this season guess which one I want it to be. I'll give you 3 guesses but you'll only need 1.

HTTR!!!

Gotta go with Giffen bro . Gave up too much to give up on him . I will say Colt start this week , and Giffen get the starting job back after the bye . ......I thought broke romoSUCKS Again though . I'm sure he can't walk this morning

So, your saying we have to play Griffin because we gave up so much for him? I get it, but that is the wrong way to play sports. Time will tell if Griffin's our franchise qb, outside of the 8 game win streak in 2012 he hasn't looked like a 1st round pick, much less one that had 4 picks used on him. We need a franchise qb who isn't so fragile. The way he played before Ngata made him somewhat worth the picks...in my opinion.

Archived