Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Le Batard Radio/TV Show?

gortiz

What do you guys think of this guy's show and him overall ..? Living in South Florida for a few years I got to know him a little, but I just started listening to his radio show on AM 570 in the afternoon and it never fails to crack me up.

His dad's accent gets me every time because it reminds of so many old Hispanic people I know. 

Something about his sense of humor ... yesterday he made a crack about a 300 lb. Boris Diaw shutting down Lebron and it was so damn funny. Then they tried this bit making fun of Al Sharpton and it tanked so, so bad, they literally just cut to commercials and bailed, I laughed for a solid minute.   

I listen to the podcast version of it fairly often. I like the fact that he doesn't take sports seriously at all. It's a refreshing change of pace from the hot sports takes guys like Cowherd who view wins and losses as moral judgments.

He's obnoxious like most sports talk dudes but at least he acknowledges it.

The Wednesday episodes with Bomani Jones are awesome. I love how Jones can talk in full paragraphs about the media treatment of black athletes in one second and be dancing to El Debarge the next. I've also started calling Houston "H-tine" because of him.

I didn't like the co-host for a while but he's growing on me. In the local hour on the podcast on Monday, he does "Stugotz's Dolphin Game Notes" and they are always hysterical.

I like him. Did you see when he went off on the pacers? http://deadspin.com/dan-le-batard-savages-the-pacers-and-all-of-indiana-in-1585014118

I can't link the youtube because I'm on my phone, it's probably a little NSFW too because it's loud trash talk.

I also liked that he infuriated the entire baseball writers community by giving his vote to deadspin and letting people vote.

Hes prob the only ESPN show that i listen too. Usually on my way home. He had a really good interview with Dwayne Wade yesterday.

really, man missed it. 

I kept hear the sound bit of the Tannehill interview, which was hilarious. Ryan hit him with "i'm gonna keep buttering this toast with a whole bunch of nothing. " 

I guess they have a running joke where Tannehill gives him brutal cliched player speak, for everything. 

He tends to annoy me a bit. I like his takes but he's not really my flavor of radio host.

You gotta like the takes.

really, man missed it. 

I kept hear the sound bit of the Tannehill interview, which was hilarious. Ryan hit him with "i'm gonna keep buttering this toast with a whole bunch of nothing. " 

I guess they have a running joke where Tannehill gives him brutal cliched player speak, for everything. 

The Shannon Sharpe interview this week was great (and I typically don't like Shannon Sharpe).

They talked about his chilhood - which was out of the 1890s, it sounds like. They talked about his love of working out and watching movies. He quote the entire speech that Nicholson gave on the stand in A Few Good Men. And that was it.

They talked 0 football.

You gotta like the takes.

The Shannon Sharpe interview this week was great (and I typically don't like Shannon Sharpe).

They talked about his chilhood - which was out of the 1890s, it sounds like. They talked about his love of working out and watching movies. He quote the entire speech that Nicholson gave on the stand in A Few Good Men. And that was it.

They talked 0 football.

I heard them mention that while they loved the interview fans wanted more football ... so funny. I wish I heard that. 

I heard them mention that while they loved the interview fans wanted more football ... so funny. I wish I heard that. 

Liste to the podcast. It's every hour condensed to 30 minutes and there are no commercials.

They've done a poll where you compare Shannon Sharpe's monologues to Eddie George quoting Shakespeare.

And that led to a great fight between Bomani and Dan over Bomani's utter indifference to Eddie George knowing Shakespeare.

"Eddie George just strikes me as a dude who likes some Shakespeare."

I also love how the terrible Jamaal Charles led to national news about Charles avoiding the concussion protocol which became a discussion about how Stugotz was angry that he was not credited with asking the question that made the Charles story national news.

The great question was "That had to hurt, right?"

Love listening to the show. He does talk about basketball a bit much. However, his conversations about race, media coverage, and sexism are great. It not nearly as bland as Mike and Mike and not as cliche as Collin. The fact that Dan and Stu don't take themselves too seriously is refreshing.

I love the Dan Le Batard show. It's the best radio show on ESPN Radio followed closely by SVP & Russillo. I love that they make fun of the big sports topics without coming off as too trollish. The funniest thing they do on the show is the Stugotz NFL news/updates. That always makes me laugh. I listen to LeBatard on the way home on AM 570.

The basketball talk is part of what I like. To me it's NFL NBA then everything else at a distant third (unless it's a World Cup year). Can't get nba discussions on local sports talk because none of the guys here seem to know anything about it.

The show is based out of Miami which has been the center of the basketball universe for four years. They aren't going to talk about the Dolphins.

I love the Dan Le Batard show. It's the best radio show on ESPN Radio followed closely by SVP & Russillo. I love that they make fun of the big sports topics without coming off as too trollish. The funniest thing they do on the show is the Stugotz NFL news/updates. That always makes me laugh. I listen to LeBatard on the way home on AM 570.

I like the poll results where Stugotz announces that they are a national radio show and the poll is 64 yes and 38 no.

The best moments are when Stugotz gets over on Dan. During the finals, the discussion became if Boris Diaw was the best "fat passer" ever. It was him, Lorenzen, and Scott Mitchell until Stu came up with "Fat" Lever. Dan's reaction was great. "I thought I had the nuts. I laid down my cards and you came over the top with Fat Lever. I can't beat that."

The parody commercial with Dan's dad was awesome. Did you hear both versions?

Always remember: You were afraid to post up JJ Barea.

Always remember: You let a 300 pound Boris Diaw effectively guard you.

• 1 month later...

well, its official. since i posted this back on 10/24, this show has flat out dominated what I listen to. 

I swear, I have a laugh out loud moment, very time I listen. 

Yesterday it was the spoof on the Most Interesting man in the world commericials ... they called the most inconsistent man in the world and it was about the co-host, stugotz. so damn funny.

Anybody catch Marcellus Wiley yesterday giving love/relationshop advice ... goodness. I always felt the guy was super articulate, but my lord, that had to be staged. His answers were so freaking well though out, so introspective, and so dead on.  it was hilarious.  All in rapid fire style ... so impressed. 

Archived