Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Counts

Diesel Hog

Should Tailgate Post Count?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should posting in the tailgate section counts towards your total post count?

If my recollection of history is correct, Tailgate posts don't count because the administrators wanted to incentivize posters to post more in the Stadium forum.  This was at a time when your post count determined which level of avatar was available to you, so better avatars were given to those with more posts.  I don't think it was successful.  I have most of my posts here in the Tailgate, if they counted I would have many thousands more.  But who really cares?

Guys, I get it.  It's the internet, none of this really matters.  Just seems odd that post don't count here is all.  Thanks for the history China.  Sounds a little dated to me, so maybe the mods should reconsider.

And Kosher, no, I don't need a status to make me feel better.  I just like seeing my post count grow, and I don't post a lot here or in the Stadium.  When I do post here, it's just kinda weird the post count doesn't increase.

If my recollection of history is correct, Tailgate posts don't count because the administrators wanted to incentivize posters to post more in the Stadium forum. This was at a time when your post count determined which level of avatar was available to you, so better avatars were given to those with more posts. I don't think it was successful. I have most of my posts here in the Tailgate, if they counted I would have many thousands more. But who really cares?

Yup, that's my recollection as well. I remember some discussion about it way, waaaay back when, mods said their decision was made and was final and that was that.

I do wonder what my post count would be if tailgate posts did count. Probably a horrifying number

I'm not sure it's even possible. With threads disappearing over the years, I suspect posts that weren't counted are forever lost to time.

Great point.  I wanted to check some draft game threads i started here to see if looking back did some posters actually have good grades and do better drafting than Vinny lol

i do actually. I have been stuck around 16K since 2008 after i graduated college.  I remember one summer at my internship, this is the only thing i did all summer and had about 5K posts in about a 2 month period. 

Participate in the threads on RG3 and Cousins.  Do it tomorrow, maybe friday.  I promise you that 17,000 is in your future.  You can thank me later.  Perhaps you can write a thread announcing what it's like to be at 17,000  B)

If my recollection of history is correct, Tailgate posts don't count because the administrators wanted to incentivize posters to post more in the Stadium forum. This was at a time when your post count determined which level of avatar was available to you, so better avatars were given to those with more posts. I don't think it was successful. I have most of my posts here in the Tailgate, if they counted I would have many thousands more. But who really cares?

I added the "another post down the drain" to my signature when that policy went into effect. My post count would probably be double. I don't post in the stadium much. When it happened, I remember it being s big deal because of the avatars, but as stated, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

Participate in the threads on RG3 and Cousins.  Do it tomorrow, maybe friday.  I promise you that 17,000 is in your future.  You can thank me later.  Perhaps you can write a thread announcing what it's like to be at 17,000  B)

haha i dont venture into the stadium anymore. i'll read but not post anymore because the convos move so fast

What is NNT?

It's for people that ask questions (Start threads (hint) ) that have been asked for many years, many times.

Your topic could easily be in the random thought thread and explained cleary. Not to mention in at least two other threads/forums.

Use the search feature.

Archived