Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCoy To Take Starting Reps At Quarterback

Oh My God, my worst nightmare scenario has come true....Colt (I can't handle the pressure of a bowl game and my daddy has to come to the locker room to calm me down) McCoy is the Redskins starting QB. Since the day his was picked up, this scenario has been haunting me simply because with him on the roster, it was possible. Now it's come true. While me and every other Redskins fan wants him to step up, play great and lead the team to victory in Dallas, I fear the worst. Some players, when it comes to big games are "step up and win" players and others are "step up and choke". Unfortunately, the only time I've seen him play in a big game, he choked. Granted, it was 5-6 years ago and granted, he's coming off a game where he played well, well enough to win. BUT, he also had no time to think about it last Sunday...the coach reached out and BAM, he's in the game. This week though, he's got all week to get himself nervous and worked up like he did in the bowl game.....I hope that we don't see that come game time Monday night! I'm praying that he's grown up and I wouldn't mind another serving of humble pie come Tuesday morning.

erad

Hail all - I am all over the place on this one. I really don't think we have a tinker damns chance in hell of winning this game. But I want to believe so bad that I just can't help myself just thinking: well if we do this, this and this, we can win. 

In the end, I believe it's too much De'marco Murray and Dez Bryant. I think we can move the ball on them but they will be running up and down the field on us. We will not be able to keep up. 

Final score - dallast 45 - Wash. 24 in a closer game than people think until the 4th Q. 

Jeez Manchild, you're talking about taking out about a third of their total offense!! Not that I disagree with you, understand, just that's a tall order for our team. I fall into the same trap as Goskins....I'm an optimist, you have to be to be a Redskins fan so I'm always hoping against hope that every single player on the team will have a career night and somehow, they pull off one of the biggest upsets of the year so far. Feeding that hope is that typically, a Dallas-Redskins game can go either way, no matter how bad one team might be doing. Most of us remember the year they beat us....in their ONLY win of the entire year! Well, maybe our team can beat them this time! 31-28 Skins......ok, I actually think it will be 42-14 them......but I'm hoping for my first pick!

erad

Only way we have a chance is for a Redskin to knock romoSUCKS out of the game....and Dez Bryant.....and Murray....

I actually think the only real thing we need to do is get Murray out of the game. Without a running game, dummo will throw picks. Dez may get his but they have no other real threat other than Whitten who is starting to show his age (although he seems to be a Redskins killer). 

If Murray is ineffective or goes out of the game, I like our chances. If not, my original prediction stands. 

I don't see us picking up Rg3s fifth year contract. So we might as well see what Colt can do for the team. But I'll probable be wrong. But thinking with the savings of prob Rak and Rg3 we could fix our off line and maybe a quality safety and corner. Fix the line and any young QB should do well.also we may get the running game going with new personnel.

Starting Colt is the only sensible thing to do. No reason to rush RGIII back. He will have enough games to prove himself. Let him come back after the bye. There is zero reason to rush it. 

There is also zero chance we do NOT pick up he 5th yr of his contract. It's not much money as it's still bound by the CBA rookie scale. There is no reason to throw that investment away unless he is injured to the point of his career being over. 

Starting Colt is the only sensible thing to do. No reason to rush RGIII back. He will have enough games to prove himself. Let him come back after the bye. There is zero reason to rush it. 

There is also zero chance we do NOT pick up he 5th yr of his contract. It's not much money as it's still bound by the CBA rookie scale. There is no reason to throw that investment away unless he is injured to the point of his career being over. 

Never heard any Redskin coach say anything about rushing him back and in fact it's just the opposite so I don't know why you would assume otherwise.

There's always a chance of Griffin's 5th year not being picked up..my God Goskins he's a walking accident/injury prone qb who can't stay healthy. That's who you would want to sign even if he gets another serious injury or 2 this or next year. Somewhere along the way management has to evaluate the risk assessment of having a fragile franchise qb.

Never heard any Redskin coach say anything about rushing him back and in fact it's just the opposite so I don't know why you would assume otherwise.

There's always a chance of Griffin's 5th year not being picked up..my God Goskins he's a walking accident/injury prone qb who can't stay healthy. That's who you would want to sign even if he gets another serious injury or 2 this or next year. Somewhere along the way management has to evaluate the risk assessment of having a fragile franchise qb.

Hail Man - I respect your opinion but I think you are misunderstanding my statements. 

I never said any of the coaches said they were rushing him back. I was expressing my personal opinion that he should not be rushed back. If they do, i will be disappointed. 

On point #2, I pointed out the reality of them picking up the 5th year, assuming there is no career ending injury. I even stated as much. If he finishes this year they will pick up his option. IT does not mean they could not release him after season 4. It simples gives them an option. The only difference is it will be a cap hit. But considering it will still be a relatively low salary, there would not be any reason not to pick up the option. 

More importantly, I never said that's what I wanted. I said it's what I think will happen. 

As for what I want, I want to see him play the rest of this year. If he stays healthy and plays well, I say pick it up. It's low cost/low risk. If he struggles and/or gets injured again then don't pick it up. Of course that means he is most likely gone after this year. 

Hail Goskins-

Ok, I'm straight on the 5th year option, good info and thanks. I asked you if you would really want such a injury prone qb even as a 5th year option. So much invested in a player with a huge upside but can't stay on the field. I hope Dan Snyder never pulls his weight about drafting a player or signing a free agent again, he has crippled us.

I want to believe in RG3. I totally want to drink the RG3 cool-aide but he just hasn't given me enough. He has what it takes to be great but part of being great is staying on the field & proving so. He just hasn't been able to do that so far & that's the unfortunate part. I believe his rookie season heroics will buy him time but I just hope that if he does return & again gets injured that management will realise that he is a hindrance.

HTTR!!!  

Archived