Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprises

China

King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprises

(CNN) -- King Tutankhamun's golden, mummified remains tell only a partial story of an ancient Egyptian boy king who died under mysterious circumstances.

But a new "virtual autopsy" of King Tut's body, shown in an upcoming BBC One documentary, has given historians a clearer picture of the young man's life -- and death.

Scientists used CT scans to recreate the first life-size image of Tutankhamun, one of the last rulers of the 18th Dynasty. King Tut ruled from 1333 B.C. until about 1323 B.C. Historians put his age at death at about 19.

Research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2010 showed that King Tut may have died of malaria, possibly after suffering an infection in his broken leg. As seen in the new virtual autopsy photo, Tutankhamun's left foot was also severely deformed; the inward angle suggests that he had a clubfoot. Researchers believe the boy king had Kohler disease, a rare bone disorder.

141021084656-01-king-tut-story-top.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

The thought of a teenage king is disturbing. On the bright side, at least it kept him from being bullied. The further back you go the meaner people were, and that dude had a club foot and boobs.

Interesting about the Kohler's disease. DNA analysis recently confirmed that Tut was the son of Akhenaten (one of the most interesting Pharoahs and perhaps the father of monotheism), who also had bodily deformities.

Is that what happens when human DNA is manipulated by aliens?

The thought of a teenage king is disturbing. On the bright side, at least it kept him from being bullied. The further back you go the meaner people were, and that dude had a club foot and boobs.

Is that what happens when human DNA is manipulated by aliens?

Then you get Ahkenaten's daughters:

fark_25n7irtTAUgLaccBNoKRoGSCRFw.jpg?t=u

fark_qdNQA5JuZZCgjLcVsoGTp3Xzhug.jpg?t=U

fark_amW-Zgpn1eWg_Mft2K955tLda5g.jpg?t=0

If he was king for 10 years and he died when he was 19, he was a damn child king. Reminds me of that awesome HBO series Rome and the little **** child pharaoh Cleopatra was beefing with in the first season. IIRC they were brother and sister. Might be wrong on that

3485158509_c3541d46d3.jpg

Never understood this guy. If I were pharoah and had to stare at the great pyramids all day every day I would not tell my servants to bury me in the side of a hill. I'd make them get off their asses and build me one. Or clean out the old one and put me in it.

Archived