Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsyahoo.com: (Update) RG3 is 'wild card' for Monday

MustangSteve

Robert Griffin III a ''wild card'' who still has a chance to start Monday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Click link for story http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-gruden-rg3-wild-card-monday-175754155--nfl.html

Griffin is taking snaps in practice and waiting to be cleared to play this afternoon! We all know RG3, he will do everything to get back in the game, whether he's 100% or not.

- If Robert Griffin III is completely ready, he'll start for theWashington Redskinsagainst the Dallas Cowboys next Monday night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/unless-rg3-ready-mccoy-start-redskins-193639067--nfl.html

I have a feeling RG3 will be ready for Prime Time!!!

I can't be the only one hoping they hold RG3 past the point where he says he's ready. If he's shown anything it's that he's a terrible judge of when he's healthy enough to play

For real, you know he's already begging the Dr to let him play, and this is the turf that will re-injure an ankle very quickly. 

Here's the deal; if you are 100%, you are 100%. You can't get healthier than that. If the docs and trainers say he is 100% that means he can't get any better/stronger/less likely to reinjure it. If they say he is 100% and JG thinks he's had enough reps, he should play.

Here's the deal; if you are 100%, you are 100%. You can't get healthier than that. If the docs and trainers say he is 100% that means he can't get any better/stronger/less likely to reinjure it. If they say he is 100% and JG thinks he's had enough reps, he should play.

And since he's faced the Cowboys 3 times, he should get the start!

He is not playing this Monday.  Have to see and hear early next week about the Vikings game, but I see him returning after the bye week.

I came to that conclusion just watching (and listening) to JG the past two media sessions and to a reporter that watched RGIII play before Sunday's game.

Except we have evidence that 100% to the Skins is different than everyone else's

That's not really true when it comes to these types of injuries.  There is no measure on earth that gives a person 100%.  Is he healed?  Can he walk?  Can his ankle handle a 300lb defensive tackle throw him around like a rag doll?

That being said, he won't play until after the bye.  Gruden just playing "coy" to keep the Cowboys having to plan for both QB's.  Coy will play against Dallas.

Until it turns out that that he wasn't 100% and then we get some variation of the following quote when he gets seriously injured. 

“I know where my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well,” - RG3

Sorry but unless he was outrunning everyone in practice Gruden should hold him out beyond the point Griffin claims to be ready.  He should also tell Griffin that he's not to discuss when he thinks he's ready with the press.  He's ready when the coaches decide he's ready.  Can't have him and the coaches slapping at eachother in the media over this if they happen to disagree. 

That's not really true when it comes to these types of injuries.  There is no measure on earth that gives a person 100%.  Is he healed?  Can he walk?  Can his ankle handle a 300lb defensive tackle throw him around like a rag doll?

That being said, he won't play until after the buy.  Gruden just playing "coy" to keep the Cowboys having to plan for both QB's.  Coy will play against Dallas.

What worries me if even if it's not, knowing Griffin, he will swear it is and force himself back. The last thing Robert can do is suffer another injury this season, if he's not labeled now he will be after another injury.

Sounds about right.  It's Griffin's team if he can go, if he cannot, then let's see what we have in McCoy.

I thought McCoy was really good at Texas in 2010.  He is still young and has moxy, I wouldn't mind giving him the chance.

I think the the story on Cousins is still being written.  I could see him being one of those backups who has some good seasons later in his career, but for now I think he has earned clipboard duty.

All that said, I think Griffin should be getting as many reps as possible as long as he is healthy.

As long as he is not wearing an ankle brace......

According to the MNF broadcast, McCoy has already been named the starter. I'm torn on whether or not Griffin should play. I guess if he is moving around at 100% and his mechanics in practice are sharp he should play. But damn it being a leader and thinking you give the team the best chance to win even at below 100% needs to not apply here. I get why Griffin did what he did against Seattle in the playoff game. Even if he said he was good to go which is what I would expect Griffin to say, Shanahan needed to not be a dolt and pull him at halftime. This time however isn't a playoff game and Griffin does need to be honest with everyone and not go back in until he is 100%. That means not doing anything different because he is even the tiniest bit unsure about how is ankle might respond. Normally favoring an injury leaves you vulnerable to hurting something else.

He needs to be mentally 100% too though.

Sounds like 2013 all over again. Hold him out, man!

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers. Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the Defensive Line off me! And please bring me an offensive line that knows how to pass block so the QB don't get hisself kilt. 

My somewhat hopeful prediction:

RG3 really hasn't been the same dynamic QB since Cousins came in and played that Browns game. For whatever reason he stopped being RG3 and turned into Robert

Knowing that Kirk blew his big chance, Robert will let it all out again and just play ball, not try and be just a pocket QB or whatever he thinks others want him to be. He will go back to playing his game

For whatever reason (good reason in my opinion) he thought the Shanny's liked Kirk better then him and it had an impact on him. Now that Kirk has blown it and has been benched, he'll be much more relaxed 

Archived