Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction Thread: Monday Night COP?

skins island connection

When: Monday Night

Where: Dallas, where men are men and sheep are scared.

COP. The 'Cult Of Personality.

Sunday, Colt McCoy came in for the 2nd half for a struggling Cousins, and gave the Redskins just enough of a spark to squeak out a victory against an equally struggling Titans team.

What does that mean?

It means a constant repetition in the QB spot. The Redskins seem to have issues with keeping the starter healthy and/or competitive, and has been the trend for a number of years. This will be a big problem going into monday night against a Cowboy team which seems to be on a roll this year.

Dallas has a very competitive squad this year, to the surprise of many, and could be in the running for a playoff, so their focus will be beating the struggling Redskins. Romo looks a little more comfortable in the pocket, Murray is running like Morris used to run, their o-line is solid, and their defense attacks. Sound familiar? The very same thing we could have said about the Redskins in 2012.

Boy have times changed.

Make no mistake, Dallas will not be overlooking the Redskins, I fully expect to see a Dallas squad fired up and playing with emotion. The biggest concern will be Dez Bryant; without Hall to pester him all game, he could have a career game against a struggling and seemingly lost defense.

Look for a game for maybe 1-1/2 qtrs, then the wheels fall off. Colt, although at the start he may be a surprise to them, he will be limited to what he can do, and the offense in general may struggle to get 100 yds of offense on the board before halftime. Haslett will be outwitted and over-matched all game, and as much as it hurts to say, we're going up against a team who is superior in every facet.

In the end,

Redskins 13

Cowboys 37

I predict I shall gladly be working and won't see one single second of the impending ass whooping in North Texas.

I'll also be travelling to Madrid the following Sunday when we play the Vikings so I get to skip that carnage too. Although the Vikes are little better than Jacksonville and TN so we might scrawn another one there.

I also predict I am won't be bothered in the slightest to be missing only my third and fourth games in 32 years, and second and third of the season.

Evil Empire a **** ton of points. Pathetic opponents not very many.

Hail.

WE GONNA WIN THIS GAME!!

Well, lets see how Griffin looks Wednesday. If he looks good enough to go we may have a fighting chance. I wouldn't be surprised if the Defense puts up a valiant effort, though missing Hall really does hurt as he has done as good of a job on Dez as anyone the past few years. You know Hatcher is going to put forth a Herculian effort. 

If it is McCoy, we really need the running game to get right. Need the playmaking pass catchers to get some YAC. Need romoSUCKS to turn it over. Need Murray to turn it over. Need...like every possible thing to go our way.

If Griffin, probably much of the above. Though, at least with him we have a fighter's chance that he could get in a groove and catch fire for a game.

No way, No how will I predict a Redskins loss to the Cowboys...besides, they are due for a dumb loss.

With Colt - 21-20 Skins.

With Griffin - 28 - 17 Skins.

Dallas has a very competitive squad this year, to the surprise of many, and could be in the running for a playoff, so their focus will be beating the struggling Redskins. romoSUCKS looks a little more comfortable in the pocket, Murray is running like Morris used to run, their o-line is solid, and their defense attacks. Sound familiar? The very same thing we could have said about the Redskins in 2012.

This Cowpukes team looks to be a much more solid, and well rounded squad than the Skins of 2012.  Oline is much, much better than anything the Skins have fielded since,...well,...Gibbs 1.0.  And Murry is on pace to potentially break single season yardage record.  Alf never even sniffed that.  The Skins D of 2012 was average at best -- this Cowboys defense is playing with a lot of confidence and yes, they attack.

Colt should start and then (inevitably) when he struggles put in Kirk who seems to play better coming off the bench. 

The hope this week is gonna be that RG3 can come back and play on Monday Night against the Pukes.  I'm not sure how close he is to coming back (if he did I think it would be a little ahead of schedule), but I think it would be a potentially disastrous scenario if he does.  Cowboys are playing really, really well, RG3 coming back early from an injury, a Monday night game where the Skins have a dreadful record -- it all adds up to just don't do it.  Save him for after the bye week.  He'll have 7 games to prove if he's gonna be the guy moving forward with this team.

Oh,..score.  This is gonna be ugly:

Redskins - 17

Cowboys - 35

It's PRIMETIME!!!

What do we know?

Probability says we should hold Murray to close to 100 yards maybe less. That's where the good news ends unfortunately.

If they go with Colt it will be a game. Reason why? No one has game planned for Colt in a couple of years and never under Grudens offense. Alf still struggles because the line stepped back this year in run protection.

Redskins - 28

Boys - 21

If Kirk plays the implosion continues and subbing Colt will be too late. Alf still stalls.

Redskins - 24

Boys - 35

If all three Qb's and Tress direct the offense in the words of Lloyd Christmas "Your telling me I have a chance!!!?!" Alf still stalls.

Redskins - 60

Boys - 3

_ Tress plays so well they replace minnifield with him and shuts down Dez who otherwise will have 268 yrds rec.

Hail!

The only chance the Redskins have to beat the Cowboys is if the Cowboys have one of those monumental games where they are feeling themselves too much and commit stupid penalties often - similar to the Seahawks game.  (Which we still found a way to lose)  Literally the Cowboys have to beat themselves. 

I imagine the Cowboys will stroll in favored by close to 10 points in the matchup and will have no problem covering that.

With Griffin, you never know.

With Cousins, you know - he could sling it but we will lose.

With McCoy which is most likely, we have no shot.  McCoy simply cannot push the ball down the field and you won't beat a high powered offense in their stadium without the downfield passing game.  I really don't see us finding a running game out of nowhere so that surely won't open anything up and make his job easier.

My guess 31 - 9, Cowboys.

Gruden keeps it close to his chest and does not announce the starting QB till late sunday so the cowboys cant script for Colt or RG3 or Kirk..... Colt gets the start and the Redskins go out and DeZ Bryant tears it up early... then Witten.. and they finish us off with Murray.... 9 beers and 4 shots of Jameson later... Cowpukes - 32 Redskins - 17.....

you know, this will be one of those games that in like 8 years, Skins fans will be sitting around going,

"who was the back up QB that beat the Cowboys  that one random Monday night??"  

"Colt Brennan?" 

"Yep, remember that, wait, no, no, Colt McCoy."

"oh yeahhhhh, how funny was that." 

Skins 23

Cowboys 21

The Skins rush defense isn't that bad.  So that will be my upset pick, we're going to snap Murray's 100 yard game streak.  Dez Bryant is probably going to kill us though.

I'm still mad that their defense doesn't such as much as they were supposed to.

As always the ES predictions are absurd.... Thst said, this certainly doesn't line up well for us. I do think Dallas comes in a little lethargic as I believe they viewed that Giants game as a major hurdle. I see a workmanlike victory for them that is neither a blowout or nail biter.

33-20 Cowboys

And I still think we ultimately wind up at 4-6 through ten, which is right about where I thought we'd be

83-12 Redskins.  The Washington Coltskins break every single game offensive record known to man.  The Stadium is empty of Dallas fans by halftime and the only sound you hear that even indicates they were there at all is a series of pain-wracked sobbing emanating from the owner's box.  The city of Dallas is renamed "Morristown".

The Skins rush defense isn't that bad.  So that will be my upset pick, we're going to snap Murray's 100 yard game streak.  Dez Bryant is probably going to kill us though.

I'm still mad that their defense doesn't such as much as they were supposed to.

Problem is, we haven't faced an OL as dominant as what the Cowboys have had this year either.  Murray has over 900 yards in 7 games thus far with roughly 5 ypc.  That's just domination. And this was against some decent D-lines too (Houston, Seattle, SF and NY).

Santana Moss needs to get on the field for this one if were gonna have a shot.  

Bring out the Cowboy Killer for this game.

With Moss:  Redskins 14 Pukes 13

Without Moss:  Redskins 3 Pukes 42

Jay Gruden has got to understand who 89 really is.  

I've actually got tickets to this game on the Skins side near the 30.  If it's too bad at least I can check out all of the concessions at Jerry World.

Colt Starts:  Boys 31 Skins 20 - They open up the read option and Colt helps unlock Alf to a 100+ and make it a game. Not a lot of scoring but the eat up the clock on some long drives. But our D cannot stop Dez or DeMarco

Kirk starts:  Boys 49  Skins 24.  Kirk can rack up the yards but he throws 3 second half pick 6's

Robert starts: I do not want to see this unless he is truly healthy.  I am wearing my #10 jersey to the game though.  The Cowboys D is gonna pound on us so better save him for after the BYE just to give that ankle 2 more weeks to knit back together.  If he's healthy for real then let him loose. 

Colt starts.  Dallas, though prepared, loses 21-17.  I agree with the poster who said that the Skins hit the bye 4-5.  I predict that Jay and the Skins have a  better second half of the season and surprise a few people.  I'm not talking playoffs but improvement.  

Archived