Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

SIGNINGS:

-SIGNED TO RESERVE/FUTURES CONTRACTS-

Isaako Aaitui - NT - UNLV - 6-4 - 307lbs - 27 years old

Edawn Coughman - T - Shaw - 6-4 - 313lbs - 26 years old

Chase Dixon - TE - Central - 6-5 - 240lbs - 24 years old

Je'Ron Hamm - TE - ULM - 6-3 - 236lbs - 23 years old

Colin Lockett - WR - SD State - 5-11 - 188lbs - 24 years old

Rashad Ross - WR - AZ State - 6-0 - 181 - 25 years old

Robert Thomas - NT - Arkansas - 6-3 - 325lbs - 24 years old

Trey Wolfe - CB - Ft Valley State - 5-11 - 193lbs - 26 years old

Braylon Bell - WR - Abelene Christian - 6-6 - 205lbs - 28 years old

Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith - S - UTEP - 6-2 - 203lbs - 27 years old

James Gayle - LB - Va Tech - 6'4 - 259lbs - 24 years old

Kenny Horsley - DL - Mesabi Range CC - 6-4 - 295lbs - 26 years old

LaKendrick Ross - DL - Va-Lynchburg - 6-4 - 350lbs - 22 years old

Austin Spitler - LB - Ohio State - 6-2 - 250lbs - 28 years old

Ricky Sapp - LB - Clemson - 6-4 - 252lbs - 28 years old

Jordan Campbell - FB - New Mexico Highlands - 5-11 - 240lbs - 26 years old

Tyler Larsen - OT - Utah State - 6-4 - 313lbs - 23 years old

Ty Nsekhe - OT - Texas State - 6-8 - 325lbs - 29 years old

Xavier Nixon - OT - Florida - 6-6 - 330lbs - 24 years old

-SIGNED DURING UFA/RE-SIGNED-

Ricky Jean Francois - DE/DT - LSU - 6'3" - 298lbs - 28 years old

Duke Ihenacho - S - SJ State - 6'1" - 200lbs - 25 years old (Re-signed)

Niles Paul - TE - Nebraska - 6'1" - 220lbs - 25 years old (Re-signed)

Stephen Paea - DL - Oregon State - 6'1" - 300lbs - 26 years old

Trenton Robinson - S - Michigan State - 5'9" - 195lbs - 25 years old (Re-signed)

Terrance Knighton - NT - Temple - 6'4" - 345lbs - 28 years old

Chris Culliver - CB - South Carolina - 6'0" - 199lbs - 26 years old

Justin Rogers - CB - Richmond - 5'11" - 181lbs - 27 years old (Re-signed)

Jeron Johnson - S - Boise State - 6'0" - 200lbs - 26 years old

Colt McCoy - QB - Texas - 6'2" - 215lbs - 28 years old (Re-signed)

Michael Hill - RB - Missouri Western State - 5'10" - 210lbs - 25 years old

Dashon Goldson - S - Washington - 6'2" - 200lbs - 30 years old

CUTS:

Barry Cofield

Stephen Bowen - Signed with the New York Jets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REDSKINS 2015 FREE AGENTS:

Brian Orakpo - OLB and Franchise Player - Signed With Tennessee Titans

Tyler Polumbus - Right Tackle

Roy Helu - Running Back - Signed with the Oakland Raiders

Jarvis Jenkins - Defensive End - Signed with the Chicago Bears

Brandon "French Pastry" Meriweather - Safety

Jamarca Sanford - Safety

Leonard "Hank Time" Hankerson - Wide Reciever - Signed with the Atlanta Falcons

Chris "Pocono Punisher" Neild - Nose Tackle

Santana Moss - Wide Reciever

Colt "Aww Shucks" McCoy - QB

Akeem Jordan - Inside Linebacker

EJ Biggers - Cornerback - Signed with the Philadelphia Eagles

Trent Robinson - Safety

Greg "Don't Call Me" Ducre - Cornerback

Nick Martinez - Guard

Monte Lewis - Defensive End

Sam Kirkland - Wide Reciever

Tanard "Can't Get Right" Jackson - Safety

Chris "I'm not Jason" Campbell - Tackle

--------------------------------------------------

SPORTRAC has this cool tool.  Not sure how often it's updated, but enjoy:

Spotrac @spotrac 24m24 minutes ago

NFL Trackers: Signed FA: http://bit.ly/1F9LRoL  Available FA: http://bit.ly/1MyClfn  Team Caps: http://bit.ly/1BqpPhn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALARY CAP MONEY:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

2015 Salary Cap - $143,100,000

- Top Contracts for 2015 -

** Trent Williams - $13.73 mil

** Pierre Garcon - $9.7 mil

** Desean Jackson - $9.2 mil

** Ryan Kerrigan - $7 mil

** Robert Griffin III - $6.7 mil

** Jason Hatcher - $5.25 mil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY DATES:

Great piece from cbssports.com with dates and explanations: (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25037617/agents-take-nfl-key-dates-and-what-they-mean-for-your-team)

- 10 March 2015 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! -

1. The top 51 begins. Only the top 51 salaries (i.e.; cap numbers), including unsigned franchise, transition, restricted free agent and exclusive rights tenders, on a team count against the salary cap during the offseason. All teams must be under the salary cap prior to 4 p.m. ET.

2. The 2015 league year and free agency begin at 4 p.m. ET.

3. The trading period begins at 4 p.m. ET.

- 30 April 2015 - 2 May 2015 - NFL Draft (Chicago, IL)

Re-sign Forbath.

Honestly the rest can walk.

Also, Barry Cofield could be added to that cut list. This team fails to surprise me anymore, but if they were willing to keep Stephen Bowen and Chris Chester on for their salary this year ... they'll probably keep Cofield around. But releasing those three would immediately get us $20 million to the good.

the only one from that dreadful list i would let re-sign with the team is kai forbath. everyone else can go somewhere else. moss will lost likely just retire after this season.

Re-sign Forbath.

Also, Barry Cofield could be added to that cut list. This team fails to surprise me anymore, but if they were willing to keep Stephen Bowen and Chris Chester on for their salary this year ... they'll probably keep Cofield around. But releasing those three would immediately get us $20 million to the good.

Id bring Helu back. He has been one of the few bright spots this year. 

Maybe Jenkins if the price is right. Maybe a couple of the young ones as depth.

But yeh...thats about it. 

I'm more interested in Free Agent Positional COACHES, COORDINATORS, Front Office Personnel, and College Scouts! Gruden can stay since he's new, but please shake this thing from the top... Then we can bring in talent who will fit these schemes... As of right now, this is ground zero and the only way to go is UP. Burgundy and Gold needs to be a way of life with honor and courage and committment... not just a paycheck.

That's hardly a list of free agents that league GM's are going to be salivating over!

A few that maybe you lowball offers on cos they can do a job at the right price, but there is not one 'must-resign' on that whole list. Indicative of the lack of talent on this team.

I'm more interested in Free Agent Positional COACHES, COORDINATORS, Front Office Personnel, and College Scouts! Gruden can stay since he's new, but please shake this thing from the top... Then we can bring in talent who will fit these schemes... As of right now, this is ground zero and the only way to go is UP. Burgundy and Gold needs to be a way of life with honor and courage and committment... not just a paycheck.

GM - Eric DeCosta

DC - Wade Phillips, Lou Spanos

Those would be the moves I'd be very happy with.

I like Kotwica for as bad as the players have been.  It's still Riley and Goston who are the ****-ups on that unit... no surprise that it's the same dudes who ****ed up under Danny Smith and whoever that dude was last year.

I'd consider bringing Helu, Niles, Forbath, Compton and Ihenacho back. They should all be pretty cheap. The rest can hit the road. 

I'd also send Chester and Bowen out after next. Re-work Trent's contract and figure out what to do with Cofield. He's not a long term solution...I don't know. He's probably gone if it were up to me but I don't know the cap ramifications of releasing him. 

Does that cap number include signing draft picks?

Nope.  Just the raw space for next year if the cap doesn't go up.  The rumblings last year were that it was supposed to go up to between $136 mil and $140 mil this year, then one more large jump next year (2016) and then it'll level out.

But we'll see.

Re-sign Forbath.

We'd have to look at any garunteed money, I'll do that when I don't have a four year old swinging from my neck, lol.  But it should free up at least 10 mil.

When will Snyder be a free agent?

Kidding.

Sort of.

Is there a list of other potential free agents from other teams?

I'd like to see a commitment to fortifying the Oline.  Spend the entire draft and free agency to revamp the oline and give RG3 the best run game possible.  Skins have some good weapons on the outside in DJAX, Reed, and Garcon.

Build the trenches.

We wait all year for the return of football and are talking about 2015 season on October 13th. God damn that's depressing. I don't care what happens as long as Rex Ryan or Wade Phillips is the defensive coordinator and a couple other things happen. I'd offer Orakpo 6-7 million a year and if he doesn't take it he is gone. I'd draft offensive line first and second round and hope we can address the secondary through free agency. Maybe even grab another quality FA o lineman. But not what this FO considers quality, how we pretty much bid against ourselves for Lauvao on opening day of free agency is just a typical move. Bottom line though, our top 3 draft choices (1st round choice goes RG or RT regardless) and top 3 free agency signings should be offense line and secondary. I think O line is by far the bigger need though because a top offense can mask an average defense with holes by ball control and scoring. By some miracle try and improve special teams to at least be an NFL quality unit but I dont even know how to address that. I'd also try and see if Hall can move to safety.

I'd also try and see if Hall can move to safety.

You had me until this.

Let's not start this again.  We tried it in 2012 and we literally gave up a touchdown every time he lined up at Safety.

EDIT:  I would actually be surprised if he was on the team next year.  Especially if you get your wish and Rex Ryan is here.

Their families aren't exactly the closest if memory serves.

Redskins Free 2015 Agents

Brian Orakpo - OLB and Franchise Player

Roy Helu - Running Back

Jarvis Jenkins - Defensive End

"Swiss Army" Niles Paul - Tight End

Chris "Pocono Punisher" Neild - Nose Tackle

Colt McCoy - QB

Trent Robinson - Safety

"Kobra" Kai Forbath - Kicker

Tom Compton - Tackle

Jackson Jeffcoat - DE/OLB

I wouldn't just throw away Rak.  It just depends on if the price is right.  Paul plays teams good, has come on this year, Reed is fragile and Paulson costs over 2 mil a year which is a little high for his skills.  Jenkins and Neild would not be high dollar re-signings.  Robinson does well on teams.  Jeffcoat will be an ERFA, there's never a reason to just let them go.

Cut Bowen, Cofield, Chester, Paulson Tracy Porter and Kedric Golston.  If we draft or pursue a center add Kory to that list.  You don't pay 3.5 mil to a backup center and we could probably get one cheaper.

Archived