Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Well we need a offensive line and secondary before worrying about dline now. We need to find a way to trade back and get more picks.

We'll get one early in the draft bro. Again, no later than the 2nd round. Trade back, I think is very likely. :)

How often did the DL cost us games like the DBs did?

Pressure, sacks and stopping the run immediately improves the secondary. Think about the Steelers over the years. Only Polomalu was anything to write home about, but that front seven was killer. You build from the inside out, not the outside in. Too often we tried that and failed.

And boom goes the dynamite

More like a fizzle.

If Knighton is on a 1 year deal, I think you still need to consider Shelton for the long term.

10000% with you. 1 year deal doesn't give stability to our NT position. I WANT Shelton at #5 UNLESS we are trading down. :)

Interesting Knighton signed that contract.   As others have said, it has all upside for us for THIS year at least.

You now go get Culliver, Cox and Gilchrist and I'll call it now...we're taking 10 offensive linemen in the draft.

We're bound to hit on at least a quarter of those. :lol:

I'd still take Shelton at five if there is no trade option... gives you leverage with Pot Roast next year

How often did the DL cost us games like the DBs did?

If argue the DL cost us more on defense than any other position. No pressure caused a weak secindary to have to cover longer.

Everything starts up front. Fix that first and secondary gets better automatically. And they are going to address the secondary. But DL was the absolute biggest need on the team by a mile.

I didn't really get the impression that our DL just sucked, last year. (I would have put that label on the OL).

I did have the impression that our whole D sure looked better when Hatcher was in, though. Again, just an impression, but I sure thought that getting some push up the middle made everybody look better.

I like the Knighton signing, but why one year. This team isn't going to win a SB next year. So we just let him walk after this year?

A two year 'prove it' deal is pointless - If he plays well enough in year one then he'd hold out for more in year 2. If he sucks in year one then the team would eat some sort of cap hit for cutting him.

1 yr is safest deal for the team and logical for the player.

Or he has a big year and then you have to pay him more as he enters his 30s.

Yeah, but the worst that can happen is, he gets back into shape, plays a really really good year, AND we don't draft anybody to back him up.

In which case, we have to pay him what he's already shown he's worth.

Yeah, but the worst that can happen is, he gets back into shape, plays a really really good year, AND we don't draft anybody to back him up.

Well Scot talked about big guys and building through the draft. If Knighton kills it and signs a big contact with another team then we could also get a comp pick. Keep drafting young talent and then signing large contacts constantly isn't needed.

The way I look at it now is will DJaX and Garcon still be a part of this team when we're good again? Will we have a shot at a receiver like Cooper again? Cooper, Gregory or Ray for me.

Cooper would be pretty enticing if he's sitting there at #5, although I could handle the Skins trading down and drafting Scherff.

"pay him what he's worth" sounds great until a player declines with age and is not worth the same anymore.

Nice for a change to me. Prove it deals rock. If he bombs helps no one, we are all rooting for the same goal here and good teams like the Packers get home town discounts to stay

A lot of the Washington players seem to decline with wealth.

Sad and true

Archived