Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "The Flash"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Damn, that pilot was pitch perfect. If the ending isn't a complete red herring it looks like things are going to attempt to build towards Crisis on Infinite Earths. Really hope the busted out Grodd(I prefer Mallah, personally) cage and the nod with the Ferris Air test area lead to the appearances I'm hoping for.

Damn, that pilot was pitch perfect. If the ending isn't a complete red herring it looks like things are going to attempt to build towards Crisis on Infinite Earths. Really hope the busted out Grodd(I prefer Mallah, personally) cage and the nod with the Ferris Air test area lead to the appearances I'm hoping for.

"Ferris Air...."

I think we're on the same page.  ;)

I thought it was an awesome pilot episode. My wife and I watched and even she enjoyed it, and she's a pretty tough critic. I wonder if there will be alot of crossover with Arrow, besides simply having Felicity make a cameo. 

Felicity is so ****ing hot man.  I bet they will crossover, my guess is mostly with Oliver though.  

• 4 weeks later...

So...I heard there is some crossover between the two.  If that's the case, should I watch all of Season 1 of Arrow and then alternate between Arrow and Flash?  Basically, whats the best way to watch this?

Personally, I think you should watch Arrow either way. That said, it's not totally required to watch it for Flash.

I'm dying to know who Dr. Wells really is.

I keep thinking Reverse Flash, but I'm probably wrong.

I think it's odd that they gave Reverse Flash name (or a derivative of it) to Joe West's new partner (Iris's new boyfriend).

Maybe he is more like Zoom? The third reverse flash? Also, I expect he (Wells) was the one who abducted and/or killed Barry's mom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_%28comics%29

If watching Arrow... I'd probably start with Season Two or at least half way into season 1.  I remember thinking at the start of Arrow that it was just a bad Batman rip off and it was losing me.  They found their footing eventually and the show has become pretty good.

If watching Arrow... I'd probably start with Season Two or at least half way into season 1.  I remember thinking at the start of Arrow that it was just a bad Batman rip off and it was losing me.  They found their footing eventually and the show has become pretty good.

I don't agree but I do understand where that is coming from. It took them 1/2 of a season to decide what type of show they wanted to be. You can really see how that has helped with the Flash since it hit the ground running (no pun intended).

The writers of this show are struggling to consistently apply his super speed. In one scene he can move so fast that people don't even notice he left. In the next a villain aims a freeze ray at him, then at the train, and he's unable to stop him from using it.

The tough thing about DC Superheroes is that they really are all Gods.  They're invincible especially against mortals.  So, the only way Captain Cold can be interesting at all is if you either change the rules or if you have the character make a mistake. I think that's the burden the writers are up against.

I'm enjoying the show though and as a kid the Flash was a favorite.

The writers of this show are struggling to consistently apply his super speed. In one scene he can move so fast that people don't even notice he left. In the next a villain aims a freeze ray at him, then at the train, and he's unable to stop him from using it.

He's still figuring his power out right?  There were the few times where it was glitching and he couldn't move in the one episode.  He gets hurt too, just heals quickly, so maybe he can't move super fast when he's beat up and healing.  The train scene, he got hit pretty hard saving all the people with the train flipping, etc.  

I dunno, that's my excuse for it lol.

Archived