Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC Sports Curse Thread.

HailGalvatron

I woke up feeling extremely depressed about my two favorite teams. I came to the realization that by the time we go to sleep this evening we may have witnessed a complete Nationals post season implosion and another Monday night/Prime time Redskins massacre. As a fan attending tonight's game at Fed-ex I pray that neither team loses but seriously, Do you guys think the DC sports scene can recover from such an epic failure from our two top teams? Post your thoughts.

#HTTR

#NATTITUDE

10721198_10152774821021499_19150036_n.jp

Here's Hail Galvatron if tonight goes badly:

Tonight does have the potential to drop a glass case of despair over the entire DMV. But can we recover? I think that, out of necessity, we've developed short memories as sports fans. We'll get over it, and the despair will drop back down to our usual low-grade depression as we wait for a winner in this town.

As die hard Skins and Red Sox fan I was watching Monday nightter against Gmen as Sox were losing 4-0 to Scherzer to go down 3-0 last year.

Well, I told my wife it reminded me of 86. It was a Monday nite the mets clinched game 7 and skins lost to NYG.

However..... Than came Papi.

Never give up man (at least not on the Nats ;)

I want it to go the other way but Seattle is gonna beat down The Skins badly tonight... it will be so ugly that the Skins players mothers will be feeling the blows and begging for mercy. This has all the makings of a season killer.... just like every other Monday night massacre. KC blows, Line blows, D blows... and Dallas is 4-1!

Screw everyone and everything!!!!!!

My big question is will it get any better with RG3 coming back from injury sometime soon. Likely not.

I want it to go the other way but Seattle is gonna beat down The Skins badly tonight... it will be so ugly that the Skins players mothers will be feeling the blows and begging for mercy. This has all the makings of a season killer.... just like every other Monday night massacre. KC blows, Line blows, D blows... and Dallas is 4-1!

Screw everyone and everything!!!!!!

My big question is will it get any better with RG3 coming back from injury sometime soon. Likely not.

Whatever, it's expected, the Redskins suck.  But if the Nationals are swept, that is truly depressing.

This Nationals team can still come back and win, just need to take it one game at a time.  If we can win this tonight, it will give the boys confidence thinking okay just win one more game and then we get to go back home.  Its an uphill battle but its not over yet

Redskins i dont know about.  I have a funny feeling that we will keep this game somewhat close though, simply because of the Vegas line, its too low lol, they know something

Honestly DC sports really died in spring of 2010.

The Caps choked that spring badly up 3-1.

Shanahan made bone head moves, in particular not trading fat Albert and trading for McNabb.

I was hopeful for the start of the decade, but man that got everything off on a bad foot.

After tonight you really have to think about how the Nationals will be re-tooled. The Redskins are years away, the Caps window is firmly shut and the Wizards are still 2 years away from KD2DC IF he even shows up here

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Getting fed up with all the whining, defeatist, loser blather.  What a bunch of hopeless ________________s.

I'm not picking on the Nats or their fans (I swear) but there was a lot of crying about calls, balls and strikes, etc. in that game Saturday night.  

Archived