Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Seahawks: 4 Keys To The Game

For what it's worth here are my 4 keys:

1st & foremost limit the penalties. We lead the league in penalty yds & Seattle are very disciplined. They only have 156 yds in penalties.

2nd key is T.O.P. We need  to control the clock like we have been & keep the ball away from Wilson. Those S.O.B's can score some points.

3rd would be to get as much pressure on Wilson as possible. We've done well at that so far this season. We're averaging almost 3 sacks/game. Wilson's good but he sucks throwing from his back.

& my 4th key is play selection. Gruden CAN NOT deviate from the run game. He has the 5th ranked RB at his disposal & it would be monumentally stupid to not use him.

HTTR!!!

I think you pretty well nailed it, Canadian.

Wilson is averaging 2 sacks a game - he can be dropped. 

They have been horrible against TE's. Yeah, they've played some good ones but Denver's backup got almost the same numbers as Thomas did. And with Miller out they are in dire shape at TE. 

Skins have beaten them like the last seven regular season games and Seattle hasn't done well after a bye. Don't know how well the Skins have done, but their Prime Time games have been pretty bad.

Both teams stuff the run pretty well - Seattle better at it. No reason to give up on what you do best. You can be darn well sure the Seahawks won't give up on their run game.

I mostly agree with Canada. Mine would be:

1. Run the ball!  Stop bailing on the one thing we really do well.

2. Win the TO battle. We can't keep giving the other team extra chances.

3. Stop or at least slow down Lynch. Make Wilson beat us. He cannot.

4. Stop getting stupid penalties!

#1- Kirk stared down receivers against the Giants. He has to adjust that reset his mind and get back to what he was doing against Philly.

#2- Run the ball using multiple backs if necessary.

#3- Stop Beastmode.

#4- Clean up penalties/be good on special teams/kick Wilson's ass/Trent pop Sherman in the mouth after the game/ don't embarass yourself.

Yeah, I loaded up on #4.

Archived