Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH's Observations: The Good, The Bad and The 'Meh, the Sky's NOT Falling Reality Perspective' W4: Thursday Night Nightmare.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Firstly friends, apologies for 3 day delay in this weeks observations. A combination of both being super busy, and also taking a step back and reading with interest (and a great deal of sympathy and understanding as I've been doing this along with y'all for the past 32 years) the collective meltdown of the fanbase in it's complete apathy to the team that appears to of self imploded even earlier than usual this season. I'm quite surprising myself with a far more calm, laidback take on affairs to the overall general feel; but more on that later.

So without further ado, Week 4's musings:

The Good.

Niles Paul. What? Me? Giving props to Swiss Army Niles? Jack of all trades and master of none? .....

Another real good game from Paul in the time he was in. 3 receptions for 60 yards ..... he WAS our offense. And the catch he got concussed on (28 yards over the middle ending in Demps levelling him on the unnecessary roughness penalty) was a HELL of a play considering he retained the football. Dude really has stepped up in the absence of Reed.

Josh LeRibeus. Taking personal satisfaction here as I've argued long and hard Josh needed to be given his head on the actual field of play. Many will remember the last INT when he got planted squarely on his ass and Cousins had tremendous pressure; but I see that as more a part of the learning curve at this level as opposed to going against our own guys in dumb downed practices. Overall I thought he was pretty darn good considering this was his first ever pro start and only his 9th game overall. The combination he was forming with Trent, particularly in the success we had running left, was brilliant.

GHH's fantasy team. Having Peyton Manning and Wes Welker on a bye, I made the inspired move of picking up and starting Eli Manning and Ruben Randle this week on my fantasy team. 50 points dead lead already. Bitter sweet admittedly but at least I got something out of Thursday nights debacle.

Uhmmm, yeah. That's ALL the good I got. :(.

The Bad.

Coach Jay. I've been a big supporter of Gruden from the second his appointment was announced, But a lot of things left me collectively disappointed in him for the first time Thursday.

"They came in better prepared. The coaches had them ready to play. We didn’t have our team ready to play. They outplayed us in every phase." ..... No question he's right of course, but for a HC to publicly admit that, against a Divisional opponent in a must win home game in front of the National Thursday night spotlight, is nothing shy of criminal. I don't care if you're only 4 games into a pro HC career, or a 20 year seasoned vet. To NOT have your guys FULLY prepared to, you know, do the freaking JOB we pay you highly for is a disgrace to ALL concerned. And let's put to bed the absolute bunkum about a short work week with only 3 days between game days. The same applied to the Giants, who travelled, yet they came MORE than ready to play as we witnessed.

You SURE as Hell better have them chomping at the bit a week Monday Coach after you've (rightly, sadly) admitted that.

Another thing that troubled me was this line: "sometimes a good slap in the face wake-up call is what you need." ..... Say WHAT now ?!!!!! You've started the season at 1-2, coming off an abysmal 3-13 season, going into a key divisional game off the back of 7 straight NFC East defeats, supposedly with confidence high after two good outings and you need 'a wake-up call ?!' SERIOUSLY Coach ?! And most of the players echoed that. Y'all let a couple of real promising performances go to your heads SO quickly that y'all thought you were better than you actually are?

I'm still stunned by that, and it starts and ends by the tone sent down from the top. The HC. Throw in continued clock management// use of TO's/ dumbass challenge's/ complete team indiscipline issues (see below); and it STARKLY brings home to you just how far a rookie HC has to go as well to get to the level we all so crave to be back at.

Continued team indiscipline. Another week, another double digit penalty outing from your Washington Redskins to the tune of 88 costly yards. We now lead the entire NFL through 4 weeks with THIRTY-NINE total penalty's for 387 yards, YAY US! :(. So much for that 'culture change' huh? Seriously Coach, this starts and reflects on YOU. YOU are the one that sets the tone for YOUR team. And this is beyond a repeated disgrace. 9 days man as I write. 9 days to at the VERY least send out a disciplined, FULLY prepared team against the Champs. That's the very LEAST we expect of you.

DON'T LET US DOWN!

Talking of Coaches, step forward dumb and dumber:

Dumb. Special Teams Coach Ben Kotwica.

Another very inexperienced coordinator (1 year at the Jets) and it's showing. BAD. How he has the nerve to name the group his 'Special Forces' is anyone's guess. I half jokingly called them the 'Special Bus Crew' last week and it's becoming more apt by the game.

It started with the Giants opening punt, that Roberts showed bad judgement in leaving and the Giants downing it at the 6. To then have Geathers flagged for an illegal use of hands penalty pushing us back another 4 yards to start our opening drive from the 2. And as usual, it went down hill from there, Another dumbass Geathers unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for 15 yards. On a Giants freaking PAT. Big Giants kick returns, One of 29 yards off a punt thankfully brought back for a dumbass illegal block above the waist by their back-up rookie safety Behre. A kick-off return of 34 yards when we'd just gained momentum from Roberts TD cutting the lead to 7. Terrible decisions from Andre Roberts for the first time who looked completely unnerved and indecisive at the lack of protection afforded to him by his teammates. Bad decisions in trying to make something happen by bringing out kick-offs 5 yards deep in the EZ for 20 and 17 yards respectively, Play the percentage game and take the knee, Fair catching on our 27 with a good 10 yards open field running room ahead of him when we where only down 7 early. (The Giants went up 14 on their next possession) ..... The group continues to shoot itself in the foot to the point its not even funny now. No matter what the Coach or personnel are.

At least we didn't screw up any kicks this game but I'm sure we'll find a way to put that right come Seattle. :(.

Dumber. Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett.

This could be a rinse, wash and repeat from most any week of his time here in DC. You can count on one hand the amount of good games his charges have had over the duration. I've been one of his biggest critics from the moment this career average, completely uninventive fraud of a DC was hired. But so help me I actually defended him after Gruden retained him on the basis that things would SURELY be different given he finally had FULL autonomy over the defense and the players, coaches at his disposal which were all upgraded. I apologise greatly for that. I neglected to remember that this is Hasshat.

Bad tackling. Blown coverage's. A slew of ridiculous, VERY costly penalties. Soft coverage and next to NO pressure all game, Leaving Riley totally exposed to be repeatedly stripped naked in front of the Nation covering the big TE had to be seen to be believed. Just another day at the office for this bum.

Dude has EVERYTHING in place to run the best Redskins D we've seen in living memory. Instead, we get more of the predictable same. Complete and utter waste of everything.

12 more weeks. Please, Lord, we're BEGGING you. Let it only be 12 more weeks of Hasshole. PLEASE!

The Washington Redskins defensive pass rush ..... Yeah, I struggled to say that with a straight face too. We somehow managed to get even LESS pressure on Eli than we did on Foles last week. We did get a sack, so there is that. But outside of that he was officially hit ONCE all game. How is that even possible in a game of pro football? Even more so when you consider this is an average Giants O-line to start containing a rookie guard which had given up the 10th most sacks league wide. Take away the Jacksonville game, and we have mustered SIX official (as per the League site. Although folk will doubtless argue to the contrary again) QB hits and ONE sack this season. With one of those games against Ryan frigging Fitzpatrick. That's so far beyond abysmal it's not even funny. But we did beat up on Chad Henne and the worst team in football to the tune of knocking him on his ass 10 times and hitting him 18 so there is that. (Did I overdo the sarcasm there?). The Giants went 11/16, 69 F'ing % on third downs. That's ridiculous in a game of pro ball. Orakpo AND Kerrigan just AREN'T getting it done. However you dress it up, whatever excuses you try make, 98 and 91 are failing MISSERBALY at their job. (Cue the scheme/ poor ickle Brian had a hand injury excuses et all.). Enough is ENOUGH! If Orakpo isn't going to be here next year (and man alive if he IS then I give up on our Coaches and their talent evaluation), put Murphy in. You drafted him a LOT higher than most anyone else league wide had him, so show why you had that faith and let's get him out there if he's the future. Hell knows he can't do ANY worse as outside of Hatcher (who I say again is the single most important player on this team. Again, against NY, we see the difference he makes. Out there with no burst nursing the bad hammy and no help to anyone, the defense looks as bad as it did all last year) we have NO pressure/ pass rush.

With NO elite outside edge rusher, we aren't anywhere near good enough to just rush 4 and expect our woeful secondary to cope. But with Hasslet and Morris running things, that's what we continue to get. Sighs.

Brandon Merriweather. Can someone, ANYONE, straight faced justify this cretin and explain just WHY he was brought back and just WHY we couldn't find someone, ANYONE, better? He actually managed to avoid trying to permanently injure someone for life this week. But his coverage was as shockingly pathetic for a supposed vet. as ever. Just how he lost the TE on the skinny post TD when he had him and ended up NOWHERE near him had to be seen to be believed,. Like 98, this SURE as Hell better be the LAST season we see this continued disgrace in the burgundy and gold.

Redskins Corners. Man, we knew the Hall injury was gonna' be costly. But if Thursday is any indication, that will be an understatement, Amerson had his worse game as a Redskin for me with repeated, costly blown coverages. And Breeland looked exactly what he is,. A very raw, inexperienced rook being asked to start WAY ahead of schedule. Sadly, we have little else behind them so they're going to have to take their lumps out there this year and hopefully be all the stronger for the experience in the future as both undoubtedly have potential. But man was it a GLARING difference without Halls vet. leadership out there.

Kirk Cousins. Oh dear, oh dear Captain. After 2 real good outings, we got THAT. Arguably one of the worst QB displays in Redskins history and the single worst I can EVER remember. And man have I seen some REAL dross under centre the past 3 decades. In 11 games now (6 starts), he has thrown FIFTEEN interceptions, And Thursday's 4 was horrific for him in that department, The first pick was bad enough. Just why he chose to go to the rookie Grant on a crucial third down is anyone's guess. To compound that with a back shoulder throw he threw to Ryan's front shoulder where the corner was waiting was a cringe worthy, head in hands moment. All after we'd started the second half with all the momentum with a good TD drive followed by getting the Giants off the field. Then it just got ridiculously bad ..... Starring down Pierre at the expense of the open checkdown (this was a 2nd and 9), then overthrowing him on another shocking attempt at a back shoulder throw down the sideline. A shockingly bad decision on his very next throw to Pierre who was doubled covered. Rounded off by staring down DeSean the WHOLE time, not manipulating the backfield at all, and just throwing it up for grabs. 3 picks in FIVE throws. The stuff od QB nightmares, Happening before your very eyes in a PRO game. Shocking. And to complete his day, there was the early sack/ fumble for the 8 yard loss giving the Giants a short field for their opening score.

When he's on, he looks very competent and has great rhythm in his passes which gives confidence to the whole O. But when he's off, man is he OFF. The next 6 games at least are going to tell us a LOT about just what we have in Kirk, At the moment, Robert's job is under little to no pressure. Whether it becomes that depends on how quickly # 5 matures at this level, Let's not forget as shockingly horrific as he was Thursday, this was still only his 6th pro start. He's not much more than a rook learning out there himself and we need to remember this and temper our angst when he has nights like that.

And can we PLEASE cut the gloating? The same as when the Cousins fans took glee over 10's struggles, please, check yourselves and quit that B/S. WHOMEVER is out there is the QB of YOUR team and as such YOU should want them to do well REGARDLESS. To take glee in eithers failures ..... seriously, you're an embarrassment to the rest of us.

Trent Williams. Yet more scandalous indiscipline from our left tackle who is slipping fast from his position as one of the best in the NFL to just another bonehead out there. Another 2 dumbass penalties to bring up 5 through 4 games for Trent. And he was VERY lucky IMHO through the disgracefully embarrassing free for all in Philly last week not to follow Baker out of the game. What the Hell he was doing as one of the first involved is to his detriment, You're the offensive captain and a veteran leader on this team 71. Wise up, set the example, and start ACTING like it!

Logan Paulsen. If you're going to contribute in the passing game, learn to protect the darn ball dumbass, Holding it out away from your body on the strip fumble was about as fundamentally bad as it gets. All in the red zone when we're looking at cutting the lead to 21-14 at the half and regtouping. Instead we end up 24- 7 down and in dsarray. A 10 point swing. Dumbass.

Offensive paycalling. Specifically the lack of a run game. AGAIN!. And this wasn't just the need to throw when we got behind. 19 passes to just 7 first half runs. All with Alfred putting up a 5.2 yard average the first period. It wasn't lost on me that the Shanahan disciple McVay had his game calling responsibilities expanded by all accounts Thursday night. It was like that joke Kyle all over again.

Yet another NFC East loss. Aside from our latest humiliation under the lights in front of the Nation, that was our EIGHTH consecutive divisional loss. The last time we came out on top in East play was the division clinching win against the Cowboys 3 seasons back. You are NEVER going to do anything if you keep losing the divisional games. Yet again, everyone concerned hang your collective heads in shame.

The 'Meh, the Sky's NOT Falling Reality Perspective.'

As mentioned in the opening, I FULLY understand the collective frustration of the fanbase at what, right here and now, looks another wasted, losing Redskins season already. A mere 4 games in. After 2 decades and more since the last Lombardi it's a credit to us ALL that we're still here, passionately caring about our team. And given the LONG list of 'bad' above compared to the sprinkling of 'good', you'd be forgiven for thinking I was exasperated as the next man with it all.

But .....

And this is a FRIGHTENING 'but' as I'm going against my passionate nature to remain totally calm on things (me. GHH. The person certain dopes <laughably> have down as a reactionary 'hater', being one of the VERY few current positive board voices. Go figure? :P)  when you step back and put it all in perspective it's not as suicidal a conclusion as many have been the last few days. Maybe it's down to the fact I didn't have high expectations going into this year to begin with (a 6 win maximum season was all I could see all things considered); or that I have never put much of any stock on half baked, meaningless (right dg? ;):P) exhibition contests that don't mean didlly-squat in the grand scheme of things; but I can still see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years.

I aren't going to see here and defend the latest humiliation under the National microscope, But if, and I appreciate it look's a BIG 'IF' as I type; they learn and respond from this, starting with Seattle, it doesn't have to be a season ending loss. Now I aren't saying we're going to miraculously turn this around and storm into the playoffs. Let's keep this within the realms of realism. But we can still have a LOT to take from our 2014 Washington Redskins. We've finished last 7 in the division 7 out of the last 10 seasons. Hell, since the last Lombardi in '91, we've won the Division just TWICE, had a mere TWO double digit win seasons; and have been to the playoffs just FIVE times in those 22 years. That's one HECK of a losing culture to turn around. Not least for a first year pro HC. ANYONE expecting different, using the ridiculous comparison of the likes of Chip Kelly as many have the past 72 hours or so since Thursday night are NOT living within reality.

This is going to take time. And there's going to be a whole lot of downs along the way back up. We not only have that first year HC, coming into that losing environment and inheriting a woefully disorganised 3-13 mess; but he's trying to do it with a lot of, albeit talented, young, very inexperienced and raw players learning on the fly together. Not least both our QB's who are having to mature and adapt to what the new Coach wants and demands. But we've already seen some real positives of fight from this group, with the makings of what will be a pretty darn exciting offense when it all clicks and comes together; along with that young, hungry HC who's brutally honest and doesn't shy away from, or make excuses for; our and his own failings. He's learning as he goes, and we all need to have the patience to allow him to learn and build the team and turn around the losing culture that's deep rooted here. Or else we are NEVER going to get out of this horrible rut if all you want is immediate gratification and you're going to go ballistic and throw in the towel after every loss (again, no question a real bad one but all relative) SO early in his tenure here.

I appreciate patience has worn VERY thin the past 23 years since # 3 and it's a hard sell to expect people to stay that way with this organisation. But if we want ANY chance of getting back to the top of the mountain and claiming # 4, that's what we MUST have.

I'm reminded of Marty, a FAR more experienced HC than Jay with a FAR more vet., experienced group; starting out 0-5 and then winning 8 of the next 11 and really looking like he was building something until lil' Danny panicked, Or indeed the greatest of all Redskins who started out exactly the same way back in 1981. 10 years and 3 Lombardis later ..... Point being things aren't always as bleak as they seem and when you step back and look at the bigger picture there's a lot to be positive about in the coming years. Once we cut out the self inflicted, boneheaded mistakes, we'll start to turn this ship around again.

Patience, It's all we've got.

Sadly (or not dependent on your POV), I have to work the night of the Seahwaks game so there won't be a thread that week to discuss in as I'll have nothing live to observe. :lol:.

As always, feel free to add at your leisure.

Have at it guys.

Hail.

Why Brandon Merriweather was brought back? Let's see; we were busy with the draft drafting backups...duh!

We needed Grant in the 5th, after all, at some point DeSean, Pierre, and Roberts, are all going to retire....we needed an OLB "in case" Rak leaves.....but judging the way he has been playing, he wont remotely sniff the kind of money he's looking for elsewhere, so we will be the benefactor of his straight line services...lucky us.

We also had to address the kicking midget, with a stronger leg... we did, then cut him.

Let's not forget the pot head, well fortunately for us you don't need an attention span to cover receivers. although.....

And then we get to the core of the draft, Tyler Polumbus's backup......definitely a Wally Pipp type of scenario coming at RT within the next few years, and of coarse what's his face, at guard, but word is; we think he can play center as well,,, someday...maybe!

A very calm and considered review. It's amazing what a few days reflection, alcohol and copious amounts of Diazepam can do for you, (only joking - don't do drugs, kids).

For me. the good has kinda got mixed up with the bad and I'm having trouble taking many positives from the game.

I'm very happy that we finally used Morris as a receiver. More of this please, Mr Gruden.

I too am a fan of Stabby and was glad to see him get a start at LG. IMO talk of him being "soft" isn't warranted as he seems to have a bit of a mean streak in him, especially when finishing off run blocks. He did get comically knocked on his arse on one play, but generally did well.

Cousins made a few bad decisions which he then followed up with some more bad decisions. By the end, his confidence was shot. If the game was still close, I'm sure that he would have got pulled. I'm glad he didn't, as it wouldn't really have achieved anything long term.

He is still learning and I'm sure that he will develop into a good/very good QB, but right now it's just so ****ing frustrating.

Pass rush...... Apparently there was a sighting of some pass rush a few games ago, but that seems to have gone the way of Kirk's accuracy.

Defensive back has been a weakness for years, freak injuries and bad draft picks haven't helped and now we've lost D-Hall. It's gonna be a long year. Riley got embarrassed by donnell, their big TE, but the whole defense should accept the blame. Just woeful. We did tighten up some in the second half, but generally not good.

Too many penalties. Gruden needs to sort this **** out now! We aren't a good enough team to be able to give up free yards to our opponents. Trent needs to step up too, he's a veteran leader running around like the Hulk, trying to knock peoples heads off. I understand that you gotta have your team-mates' backs. but come on.

Apathy is starting to rear it's ugly head already and it's still only September. Would you be totally shocked if we found a new and embarrassingly sucky way to lose against the 'hawks? Me neither.

You had me until:

Dumber. Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett.

Dude has EVERYTHING in place to run the best Redskins D we've seen in living memory. Instead, we get more of the predictable same. Complete and utter waste of everything.

I guess that I'm happy that someone's memory is worse than mine.

I'm not absolving JH for any blame, but who could have gone into the season thinking that the starting secondary of Hall, Amerson, Clark and Meriweather could be backed up by Rambo, Breeland and Biggers (and Porter when he's healthy)?  Maybe Amerson and Breeland turn into something good, but, right now, only Hall has (had) both the ability and the experience to cover a decent NFL receiver.  Without him, this is probably the worst coverage secondary in the NFL (maybe I should review Jax's personnel before I make such a bold statement).  To think that we used to be unhappy with Carlos Rogers!

I have a hard time blaming the line for not reaching Manning when there is so much open space in the secondary.

It will be interesting, in a sick sort of way, to see how we deal with the very different offenses of Seattle and Arizona.

What happened to the Brandon Merriweather that was all over the field making big plays in that half of a game that he played against the Eagles a few years ago before getting hurt again. That was the best safety play the Redskins have had since Sean Taylor but he has never played the same way since.

I'm reminded of Marty, a FAR more experienced HC than Jay with a FAR more vet., experienced group; starting out 0-5 and then winning 8 of the next 11 and really looking like he was building something until lil' Danny panicked, Or indeed the greatest of all Redskins who started out exactly the same way back in 1981. 10 years and 3 Lombardis later ..... Point being things aren't always as bleak as they seem and when you step back and look at the bigger picture there's a lot to be positive about in the coming years. Once we cut out the self inflicted, boneheaded mistakes, we'll start to turn this ship around again.

Patience, It's all we've got.

I want to say something on the patience front because I'm seeing it in multiple threads.

It is far easier to be patient when the FO seems to be working from a perspective of requiring patience or being patient themselves.

Signing Hatcher, Jackson, Porter, and LBs specifically to play STs is not an indication of requiring patience or being patient.

Those are moves of indications that there can be off season improvement that is going to cause (significant) in season improvement.

What happened to the Brandon Merriweather that was all over the field making big plays in that half of a game that he played against the Eagles a few years ago before getting hurt again. That was the best safety play the Redskins have had since Sean Taylor but he has never played the same way since.

The dude plays at or very close to the league minimum.  He can no longer do the one thing he's good at without getting a suspension.  At 30yo, he's not getting faster.

He's a good guy to fill in at safety on running downs.  But if I were an OC planning against the Skins, he'd have the biggest target on his back.

You had me until:

I guess that I'm happy that someone's memory is worse than mine......

Full disclosure. I had grave reservations about both the LB's and the DB's prior to the season and had a few heated debates on here over it. And I more or less agree with what you said about the back end.

But the fact remains he's been afforded the best defensive front we've had in a LONG time, along with (supposedly) two real good (stop laughing at the back) outside edge rushers, with the experience of Clark being added to Hall and Merriweather back there along with the fast developing potential of Ammo and Keenan Robinson fit and healthy. Throw in an upgrade at key positional coaches, and cart blanche to run the D HIS way WITHOUT a meddling megalomaniac HC; and it's hard not to say he didn't have the pieces in place to run the best defense we've seen in many a year. And certainly one of the fastest.

Albeit if some of those pieces aren't top bracket.

Thus far, as he has right through his time in DC, he's failed MISERABLY.

Hail.

The season (so to speak) will be won and lost on our ability to cover the seam passes.  I didn't watch the Giants last game (prior to playing us) but it appears teams want to negate our pass rush by throwing quickly to the seam.  That and finding ways to get Meriweather and Riley man on man.  The Eagles did this cause that's what they do, the Giants used formations that they hadn't used all year to accomplish this and we didn't make any adjustments to it.

So again, it falls on Haz... and faith is low.

I want to say something on the patience front because I'm seeing it in multiple threads.

It is far easier to be patient when the FO seems to be working from a perspective of requiring patience or being patient themselves.

Signing Hatcher, Jackson, Porter, and LBs specifically to play STs is not an indication of requiring patience or being patient.

Those are moves of indications that there can be off season improvement that is going to cause (significant) in season improvement.

That's fair and I aren't going to even attempt to argue it.

Again, I FULLY understand the frustration and resulting outcry. We've had 2 decades and more now of this continued, bottom dwelling, laughably bad ****.

Maybe I'm grasping at things to make it less painful, but I just personally have seen signs that when it does come together, we have the basis of a pretty darn good looking team we can build on in future drafts and augment with better FA's.

Gruden walked into the worst mess since arguably Coach Allen took over way back in the early '70's. And changing this losing culture that has stunk the place out nigh on continuously the last 23 years is going to take some time to achieve.

Hail.

I'll also add that the whole team, from coaching staff on down to the inactives, showed up KNOWING they were going to roll over the Giants.  Jay gave a light work week and it showed.  I understand the injuries, but you better make sure that you have these guys ready to go.

The Giants and their experienced coaching staff used their time wisely.  We didn't.  And it showed.

I'll also add that the whole team, from coaching staff on down to the inactives, showed up KNOWING they were going to roll over the Giants.  Jay gave a light work week and it showed.  I understand the injuries, but you better make sure that you have these guys ready to go.

The Giants and their experienced coaching staff used their time wisely.  We didn't.  And it showed.

Yup, as noted in the OP, to hear Gruden both readily (not that he could straight faced do any other) acknowledge that and then say it was 'the slap in the face we needed' troubled me greatly.

First time I've been really disappointed in him.

Hail.

Yup, as noted in the OP, to hear Gruden both readily (not that he could straight faced do any other) acknowledge that and then say it was 'the slap in the face we needed' troubled me greatly.

First time I've been really disappointed in him.

Hail.

Me, too.  I could hear it in his voice during the post game presser that he was surprised it went that way.

I think he's a good coach and I think he'll get it right, but I think as he works through his decisions to delegate he needs to be honest with himself.

Ultimately I like Kotwica and think he'll be okay.  But I've been done with Haz for 3 years now.  I know they're boys, but Haz needs to go.

All things that rookie HCs need to work through (and most folks in management positions in general). 

Full disclosure. I had grave reservations about both the LB's and the DB's prior to the season and had a few heated debates on here over it. And I more or less agree with what you said about the back end.

But the fact remains he's been afforded the best defensive front we've had in a LONG time, along with (supposedly) two real good (stop laughing at the back) outside edge rushers, with the experience of Clark being added to Hall and Merriweather back there along with the fast developing potential of Ammo and Keenan Robinson fit and healthy. Throw in an upgrade at key positional coaches, and cart blanche to run the D HIS way WITHOUT a meddling megalomaniac HC; and it's hard not to say he didn't have the pieces in place to run the best defense we've seen in many a year. And certainly one of the fastest.

Albeit if some of those pieces aren't top bracket.

Thus far, as he has right through his time in DC, he's failed MISERABLY.

Hail.

The DL is very good, maybe even very, very good.  But when you need to play your corners 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, and they still let players get behind them, its hard for the defensive front to make the flashy plays.  I think the DL has shown up in every game, especially in short yardage.  I still think they would be better in a 4-3 though.

Clark is a nice addition.  He just can't be paired with Meriweather.  And with no other safeties on the active roster (I'm not counting Davis who I assume is only active because of ST), you have the slowest safety pairing in the NFL.  Clark still gets into position really well - he's just not fast enough to make the play.  If Meriweather were cut, I'm not sure he'd be picked up by another team.

In my mind, the personnel problems with both the offense and defense aren't the number of bad or inexperienced players.  Its that the bad and inexperienced players tend to be positioned right next to each other, leaving huge pockets of weakness.

Jay-

Run the ball. Change it up bro. Run the ball. Identify a strength and build on it.Run the ball. Hint I don't think the strength is in pass protection or QB.Run the ball. We have 3 good backs and an OL that is built to run.Run the ball. Don't put your QB in bad situations.Run the ball. Don't put your defense in bad situations.

GET YOUR TEAM TO PLAY WITH MORE DISCIPLINE.

Not just the players but the coaches special teams and defense.

Manage the game better. Make better challenge/time out decisions.

Shut up in your press conferences.

Pray that Hatcher gets healthy.

Personnel:

I've seen enough of Tyler.

Honestly how much better is he then Compton or Moses?

Its at the point where I'm starting to question the coaching, Forester I'm looking at you.

Brandon Meriweather and the SS position: Dafuq?

They better find an answer with a signing or promotion or scheme.

Defense as whole, once again because of lack of depth the scheme is gonna have to be scaled back.

I don't understand the hate for the run game that the coaches seem to have. Being down 14 early on is not an excuse to abandon the run. I could understand it if you are down 14 in the 4th quarter, but not before that. This team's strength is the running game, the OL does better at run blocking, yet our coaches doesn't get it. They think we have an All-Pro at QB position and can score 14 points in one drive. 

Gruden kept talking all training camp about how Morris will be a workhorse this season since the run game is much better than the pass game. Yet, he has proven that he's all talk so far. He needs to stick to run game and realize that the passing game isn't there yet. 

There we go. GHH takes his opportunity to take a shot at Orakpo. In other news, the sky is blue. Seriously, there were probably 4 instances where Hatcher beat his man in a 1 second and a half and he got nothing to show for it? You know why? Because the ball came out within 2 seconds. Hell, the only downfield throws I can think of is the one right before half, and Orakpo would've killed him had Beatty not literally tackled him. It's pretty hilariously sad that you are also criticizing Kerrigan for his job pass rushing, I mean he's only the NFL leader in sacks. But no, let's put in Murphy. The dude with 3 total pressures in 70 pass rushes. I'm sure he will do a lot better than the dude who has averaged 10 sacks over his equilvalent of 4 seasons and who somehow doesn't get a mulligan for playing with a ****ing cast on his hand. It's kinda hard to pass rush without 2 functioning hands.

There we go. GHH takes his opportunity to take a shot at Orakpo. In other news, the sky is blue. Seriously, there were probably 4 instances where Hatcher beat his man in a 1 second and a half and he got nothing to show for it? You know why? Because the ball came out within 2 seconds. Hell, the only downfield throws I can think of is the one right before half, and Orakpo would've killed him had Beatty not literally tackled him. It's pretty hilariously sad that you are also criticizing Kerrigan for his job pass rushing, I mean he's only the NFL leader in sacks. But no, let's put in Murphy. The dude with 3 total pressures in 70 pass rushes. I'm sure he will do a lot better than the dude who has averaged 10 sacks over his equilvalent of 4 seasons and who somehow doesn't get a mulligan for playing with a ****ing cast on his hand. It's kinda hard to pass rush without 2 functioning hands.

You know the real reason I spend the time and effort doing this is to stop you making a fool of yourself and your PFF bible right kid?

Obviously I need to try MUCH harder as I'm failing miserably. :(.

Hail.

You know the real reason I spend the time and effort doing this is to stop you making a fool of yourself and your PFF bible right kid?

Obviously I need to try MUCH harder as I'm failing miserably. :(.

Hail.

Wait wait wait, so you spend enough time to write 30 paragraphs just to stop me from making a fool of myself? Seems like you need a new hobby, like maybe actually watching the games you spend time writing about?

Also, Everytime you bash me for using PFF, I laugh. Because I would rather use my opinion mixed in with a objective well respected site than to make subjective analysis without any tangible evidence to support your opinion about players, some of which you have established in your hate for, so much so that you'd actually say that having a cast isn't a good enough excuse for having a poor pass rushing game. Lol.

So you just turned 16?

Wait wait wait, so you spend enough time to write 30 paragraphs just to stop me from making a fool of myself? Seems like you need a new hobby, like maybe actually watching the games you spend time writing about?

Also, Everytime you bash me for using PFF, I laugh. Because I would rather use my opinion mixed in with a objective well respected site than to make subjective analysis without any tangible evidence to support your opinion about players, some of which you have established in your hate for, so much so that you'd actually say that having a cast isn't a good enough excuse for having a poor pass rushing game. Lol.

Yup, failed miserably.

Maybe we need a one-on-one education? Shrugs.

Hail.

Archived