Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sky is Falling Thread

MusicCitySkin

But for real.. I'm 21 years old and have seen the Redskins have about 2 winning seasons in my existence on this planet. It has gotten to the point where I honestly believe that we are cursed. New coach, new scheme, new regime, new personal, it all adds up to the same exact thing. We just have this dark cloud over our head that rains on whoever comes in. We have a culture of losing and it will not change until we can string together consecutive seasons of competence. Which shouldn't even be that hard!!!!

Hate to say it, but thinking things through; Grudens a first time NFL head coach taking over a poorly constructed team; has two quarterbacks still learning to play professionally; a bottom tier defense(simultaneously retaining most of the coaching staff who coached said unit). Was being divisional door mats this year shouldn't have come as a surprise.

I'm glad I have Fitzgerald on my fantasy team. While he hasn't done much this year, he'll have a pro-bowl performance against our ****ty defense. I predict 18 catches for 687 yds and 18 TDs lol

The sky is not falling. That ****er fell decades ago and we're still unsuccessfully attempting to pick up the pieces.

Fixed it for you. :ph34r:

yes. i think we are a talented team, in my opinion. we just had a short week. 11 days to prepare, and i think we'll win 3 straight. i am crazy, i know, but i am a homer. so, HTTR

I love your optimism. I really do. I think a countless number of us, me included, really need an injection of your optimism. I'd buy you a drink at the bar of your choice tomorrow if I lived near you. Keep your chin up. I really hope you're right, crazy or not. And I'm leaning toward crazy btw. =P

Going off what others have said in the thread, the sky fell a long ass time ago and we suck very large donkey balls. Also, my liver has been cirrhosisised since about 9:30 tonight. This **** was soooo embarrassing. I went and watched the game at Kickback Jacks tonight. A full house of course, only to watch us **** the bed once again.

We totally suck ass. I think i need to hurl. That is all :-(

The sky isn't falling, at least not for the people that aren't completely delusional. Kirk just is not a starter in this league, we knew it from the get go. Sure, if you don't put pressure on him, if you give the receivers a 10 yard cushion like the Eagles did then the QB will look good no matter who throws the ball. But it's the NFL, and the Giants defense resembles more what the average defense will do to him. He's just awful, it is what it is. Let's hope RG3 returns ASAP and we're still (somehow, although I don't see it) in the playoff race.

Still chuckling at Gruden and how quickly he bought into the Cousins hype / fluke performance. Now he needs to pray to god RG3 returns so that he doesn't get fired. Talk about karma. next time don't throw the guy under the bus the first chance you got. :)

The sky isn't falling, at least not for the people that aren't completely delusional. Kirk just is not a starter in this league, we knew it from the get go. Sure, if you don't put pressure on him, if you give the receivers a 10 yard cushion like the Eagles did then the QB will look good no matter who throws the ball. But it's the NFL, and the Giants defense resembles more what the average defense will do to him. He's just awful, it is what it is. Let's hope RG3 returns ASAP and we're still (somehow, although I don't see it) in the playoff race.

Still chuckling at Gruden and how quickly he bought into the Cousins hype / fluke performance. Now he needs to pray to god RG3 returns so that he doesn't get fired. Talk about karma. next time don't throw the guy under the bus the first chance you got. :)

But what is Griffin going to do if he gets back in behind a weak line? Run around and get hurt again? What would he have done tonight?

Always fun to read people throwing our team to jettison quickly.

If they go out and beat the Pukes twice, everyone will be fine with it.

Sure, it looks nasty at first, but that doesn't mean it will be like this every week in and out. After all, despise the loss, last week was promising, even is heartbreakfull.

Where's the talent?

One great OL, 4 bad ones.

Old DL, no promising depth.

Good, if overrated LB corps.

Bad, old, shallow, limited secondary.

Bad ST's despite apparently devoting most of an entire draft and FA period to that area of the team.

Messy QB situation, but there's talent there.

Great WR corps but no real redzone target.

Injured but talented TE corps.

Good RB group.

So where all this talent hiding?

You know you labeled QB, TE, RB and WR as talented, as well as LB? Plus our LT, obivously.

That's 5 groups out of 9. Not that bad.

And I wouldn't label Amerson and Breeland as old yet.

Sure it isn't perfect, but no team is. So taking into account what you just posted, we're a middle of the pack team, talent wise, with a first year head coach at the helm (who need to learn also). Not the Raiders or Jags...

Peoblem is we don't have the talent. Can't cover anyone, can't rush the passer, wr's can't get off press coverage, o-line stinks. Why is that scrub Leribus (sp) even on the team? I put one of those Int's on him. Riley and Merriweather are just not any good. They've been exposed. Orakpo? Lol. Dude is stealing. Polumbus is at best a backup. And most importantly, the QB situation is very messy. It looks like we'll have a top 3 pick. Maybe we can take that kid from Oregon!

Peoblem is we don't have the talent. Can't cover anyone, can't rush the passer, wr's can't get off press coverage, o-line stinks. Why is that scrub Leribus (sp) even on the team? I put one of those Int's on him. Riley and Merriweather are just not any good. They've been exposed. Orakpo? Lol. Dude is stealing. Polumbus is at best a backup. And most importantly, the QB situation is very messy. It looks like we'll have a top 3 pick. Maybe we can take that kid from Oregon!

The turnover machine ruined us tonight. Choked again for the second game in a row but this time it was nationally televised thus torpedoing his trade value. I can't remember Robert choking like this for us even once but I can remember a couple 4 TD performances.

Lol at the Griffin fanboys thinking things will be different when he's back. Talk about delusional.

Wasn't your boy throwing a game losing INT the other week and had another average week before that, About time for those miraculous comebacks to balance out. But he sure beat up on the Jags like another QB we know and padded his stats. Hearing you talk about people being delusional brightened up my night though so thank you for that :).

Think everyone needs to cool their jets on the Cousins is trash thing. If the jury is still out on RG3 and he's afforded a couple more years to develop, then the same leeway should be given to the backup that only has 6 or seven starts under his belt.

Think everyone needs to cool their jets on the Cousins is trash thing. If the jury is still out on RG3 and he's afforded a couple more years to develop, then the same leeway should be given to the backup that only has 6 or seven starts under his belt.

And multiple pix in 5.. We really need to wake up on KC being the future here.. On top of that, he nor RG is saving this team anytime soon. You need to resemble a team in the first place before you can get saved by 1 player or another..

Now the books been published on our already exposed D.. All you have to do is run up tempo and our players and DC are lost.. Funny thing, you'd think that would of been something our team heads would of noticed by now and prehaps tried to have an uptemp O during practice to counter and get ready, but I think were the only team in the league that doesn't even have a 2 minute drill that I can recognize, much less an uptempo offense.. It took the Eagles 2 years to get out of the basement and look legit and here we are on year 20 something, stuck in the mud as usual..

Wasn't your boy throwing a game losing INT the other week and had another average week before that, About time for those miraculous comebacks to balance out. But he sure beat up on the Jags like another QB we know and padded his stats. Hearing you talk about people being delusional brightened up my night though so thank you for that :).

Might want to actually watch the games before you talk.

The INT Luck threw vs Philadelphia, happened because the Eagles DB completely mugged TY Hilton. I can provide proof if you want (since you obviously didn't see the game). Or you could just admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Furthermore, he's been one of the top QBs in the league this year, so far. Get up to speed, Z.

I remember 0-3 in 2013 and 0-2 in 2014 with what is it now? 16 turnovers? Choker.

I'm on record tonight saying I have little faith in either guy. So you're not hurting my feelings by trashing Kirk. Neither guy wins games.

Neither QB is winning games with our sorry defense. That's just the way things are right now. Adding to the problem is turnovers not only from Kirk but from skill position players like Alfred Morris, Logan Paulsen and Niles Paul that should be more sure-handed than they are. The special teams have also been lousy.

Nothing has changed since last year, just the name of the scapegoat.

Well, no. A 4th round draft pick does not deserve the same leeway as a 1st round pick, for very logical reasons. You gave up considerably more for one than the other, therefore you tend to it more closely and offer it more time to develop. 

But Kirk does deserve some time, certainly. And I think he'll get it. But if we're, say, 2-7 when RG3 is cleared, why stick with the struggling, less skilled hand? It's just a waste of reps at that point.

Well, no. A 4th round draft pick does not deserve the same leeway as a 1st round pick, for very logical reasons. You gave up considerably more for one than the other, therefore you tend to it more closely and offer it more time to develop. 

But Kirk does deserve some time, certainly. And I think he'll get it. But if we're, say, 2-7 when RG3 is cleared, why stick with the struggling, less skilled hand? It's just a waste of reps at that point.

I said if Kirk wanted to have an NFL career; he would have to win.  He would either steal Robert's job or do well enough to get traded next year.  That isn't happening. Robert  has his job back when he is healthy but what happens if Robert sucks the rest of the way also?  Or even worse, he gets injured again?

We probably have the answer on Kirk now but Robert is still a question mark.  My gut says our franchise QB is waiting to be drafted or traded for in the future.

The sky fell when Joe Gibbs walked out the door in March 1993. There was hope of picking it up when he surprised everyone and came back in 2004, but when he left again in 2007, the pieces that were picked up, fell to the ground again. I'm 47, been a fan for 40 years and seen the golden years. That run of being a constant contender from 1981 through 1992 where we went to the SB four times and won three of them was a great time and Sundays couldn't come fast enough. In todays NFL with the salary cap and free agency it's hard to put together a long run of success, but at the same time, the rules are for everyone and we've managed to put together a long run of being pretty bad.

I really feel for you younger fans that the closest thing you've seen to good teams over the past 20+ years are a few teams that sqeaked into the playoffs and got no further than the divisional round. My son is fifteen, loves the Skins and looks forward to watching every game. I want them to be good again much more for him than I do me. Don't get me wrong, I would love for Sundays to feel like they did from 1981 through 1992 again, but a run like that for the Skins is not likely to happen again in my lifetime. With all that said, you younger fans, keep the faith, there's a lot of games left to be played over the next 40 to 50 years.  

Archived