Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall Out For Year With Ruptured Achilles

DHall peaked with us toward the end of 2012 when we went on the playoff run... He's played pretty well since then, but it's not like we lost a Talib/Revis/Sherman. Question- Champ Bailey is still a free agent, sure he didn't have the nicest things to say about DC, but I wonder if we've looked into that option.

DHall peaked with us toward the end of 2012 when we went on the playoff run... He's played pretty well since then, but it's not like we lost a Talib/Revis/Sherman. Question- Champ Bailey is still a free agent, sure he didn't have the nicest things to say about DC, but I wonder if we've looked into that option.

Champ Bailey would be a Band-Aid if he would come but I really believe we got to give those plays to Breeland, Biggers, and eventually Porter(?) will be back. Yeah, I've never been a fan of Dhall and he was instrumental in the defense of 2012, I feel for the guys who are driven to want to play and it gets taken away, but hey, he's getting a paycheck whether he's hurt or not.

Don't think I've ever felt as bad about someone getting hurt as I was watching Griffin being carted off the field to the locker room. The kid has had the worst luck with injuries. Now both legs have had serious injuries to it. I dislocated my hip once, took me 4 months to get comfortable....of course I was 46 not 24, big difference.

Sometimes you just gotta put your guys in and take the lumps. Find out this year who can cut it and who can get cut. One way or the other you're going to clean house. Young guys, old guys - whoever.

Hall took a huge pay cut last year, didn't whine & played his area off. Sooner or later he will be a guy who goes. Time catches up to all eventually.

I wouldn't be in a rush to get FAs to band-aid a .500 team. Toss some dudes in the water and see if they sink or swim. No need to drag the evaluation process out for a few years and then figure out you have been wasting roster space.

It's no secret DHall had his times as nothing but a punk. I will not deny wanting him gone for several years.

However, starting with 2012, he really matured and started being a leader. Last year, he actually had a probowl caliber year. It as just covered by extremely poor safety play and a Def that underacheived all the way around. You can give at least some of the credit for Amerson's improvement directly to DHall.

I am truly sad to see him end his career this way. It's just a shame that as he matured into a real leader he will not be able to be on the field.

I also agree that we need to playyoung guys and take our lumps. I do not want Champ Bailey here. He could not even make the Saints who have a horrible backfield. At this point he is just a name without the same ability.

We have an extra roster spot. I wonder if we are working on a trade????

Archived