Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins is Legit and Other Random Thoughts

BIGPHILLY

Disclaimer: Life long Eagles fan

As I watched the game unfold yesterday I had the following points of clarity about the Redskins:

• RG3 should be sent on a boat to Alaska for about 10 years. Cousins is the guy to run this offense with these weapons.
  • Redskins defensive front 4 is outstanding
  • Redskins defensive backfield is pretty poor
  • Jay Gruden gets respect - I thought he'd be outclassed and exposed yesterday
  • Don't be depressed about 37 points given up - the Eagles offense is basically unstoppable as long as Foles is accurate - unfortunately for the Skins - Foles was erratic in week 1 & 2 and came out sharp yesterday
  • DeSean Jackson was the exact same player as he was for the Eagles. A handful of out patterns in which he'll catch and job to the sidelines or go deep. This is why the Eagles struggled in the redzone and why Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Maclin are thriving - we had to move on from the all or nothing approach
  • I was scared of Aldred Morris comig in but not impressed - wondering why Roy Helu did not get more touches
  • Loved the intensity by both teams and just a blast to watch
  • I was scared to death after we gave up the quick 7 and then you had the ball at the 40 with all timeouts. No idea how you didn't at least tie it.

Just some objective thoughts from the other side - Week 16 will mean something. Get the win over the Giants on Thursday and we'll see you then. Great game.

Dislaimer: Life long Eagles fan

As I watched the game unfold yesterday I had the following points of clarity about the Redskins:

• RG3 should be sent on a boat to Alaska for about 10 years. Cousins is the guy to run this offense with these weapons.
  • Don't be depressed about 37 points given up - the Eagles offense is basically unstoppable as long as Foles is accurate - unfortunately for the Skins - Foles was erratic in week 1 & 2 and came out sharp yesterday
  • DeSean Jackson was the exact same player as he was for the Eagles. A handful of out patterns in which he'll catch and job to the sidelines or go deep. This is why the Eagles struggled in the redzone and why Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Maclin are thriving - we had to move on from the all or nothing approach
  • I was scared of Aldred Morris comig in but not impressed - wondering why Roy Helu did not get more touches
  • I was scared to death after we gave up the quick 7 and then you had the ball at the 40 with all timeouts. No idea how you didn't at least tie it.

Just some objective thoughts from the other side - Week 16 will mean something. Get the win over the Giants on Thursday and we'll see you then. Great game.

Aren't there other Kirk Cousins threads on this board? I swear I saw one or twelve yesterday.  And to answer the first point: NO. RG3 should NOT be sent on a boat anywhere. We have two great QBs!  But NO ONE is going to "be put on a boat!"

"Not impressed" by Alfred Morris? You should probably read a stat book.

Disclaimer: Life long Eagles fan

I was scared of Lesean McCoy but definitely not impressed.  20 carries for 22 yards.  What a bum  :o

Aren't there other Kirk Cousins threads on this board? I swear I saw one or twelve yesterday.  And to answer the first point: NO. RG3 should NOT be sent on a boat anywhere. We have two great QBs!  But NO ONE is going to "be put on a boat!"

"Not impressed" by Alfred Morris? You should probably read a stat book.

I agree with the statement, but being a Skins fan.  We all know the organizations handling of these situations is poor, we tend to go with the wrong guy.  Just remember Brad Johnson and Trent Green.

Nice attempt at a viable thread. Appreciate most the comments, which as already said could have went and will end up "somewhere else". Alfred Morris is underrated by more than just you, but that's Ok. Guy is money. RGIII most likely doesn't like cold weather so Alaska this time of year is out. 

I agree with the statement, but being a Skins fan.  We all know the organizations handling of these situations is poor, we tend to go with the wrong guy.  Just remember Brad Johnson and Trent Green.

Being a Skins fan we should already know that Trent Green left not by our decision but because the team was in the process of being sold.

Morris sprained his knee yesterday, that might be why you didn't like him as much.

But considering the hurting he's put on teams before, not sure why you haven't seen him to be impressed (200 yards vs. Dallas in 2012, impressive runs and bursts, one of the very best tackle breakers in the league)

Both teams' defenses sold out to stop the run. The fact that Morris was able to put up half decent yardage when there were no holes opened up anywhere is a testament to his strength and toughness churning upfield after contact.

And the only reason Chris Baker hit your QB is because he thought he was the douchebag actor from Napoleon Dynamite.

Let's see: Trent Green left us during a time when the team was being sold. And Norval made those decisions, and we all know how he ended up.

Brad Johnson: Left us and almost immediately won a Super Bowl with the Bucs.

I'm not sure your point, but that was over 14 years ago and I believe (if I'm not mistaken) that things have dramatically changed in the front office since then. By that, I mean that Dan and his flatulent circus monkey sidekick are no longer playing the ultimate fantasy football game with the team.  Time to move on ... We have two great QBs. I think we've done pretty well of late. Do you remember the absolute laughingstock circus that we were last year?  It takes time to clean up after that! Patience, grasshopper.

decent observations ... interesting to hear it from someone who hasn't had a healthy dose of the koolaid and a closet full of Skins stuff

I think you might have been a little harsh on Jackson but its possible you're right.  Until he does something bad I prefer to think of him as a serious upgrade to our receiver group and a guy who played with a sprained shoulder ... I'm happy with him.

Morris wasn't as much of a factor as I'd have liked but as noted by someone above he was dinged with a tweeked knee which is a concern and we were without one of our better stretch run blockers in Lauvao ... and credit to the bald-birds' defensive front making yards hard.  Pretty sure it was just an off day.  Re: Helu ... he's kind of a poor man's bang or bust back.  Big chunks of yards (but sadly not blazing speed into the endzone) runs are as likely as negative yard carries.  He's a nice piece in this offense but he's limited and hence the limited role.

Not sure how you back up the Gruden being "out-classed" and exposed today ... unless you are blaming the special teams on him and perhaps that's a far dig.  O vs. D ... Gruden won the game.  Failed final drive ... QB:WR cross-up or Garcon would have pulled in the first down catch.  The interception had a heavy hint of QG:WR cross-up as well ... Cousins threw Paul open but Paul didn't break.  the Interception happened at ground level ... if Paul has broke to the right he's open and its catchable ... the safety wouldn't have arrived at a chest level catch (he only had a shot at that INT deep and with additional time in the air).  If anything the Eagles DC was out-classed ... rookie coach/OC with back-up QB rings up 34 points with a missed gimme FG ... so basically performed well enough to go 37.  Skins D gives up 30 vs. currently offensive juggernaut.  And make a note ... more than 17 points for the Redskins offense is a MAJOR event most of the time for the past geez ... waay too many years.

Archived