Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles fan observation

TeamBoyBQ

Eagles season ticket holder since 95.  I have an acct with all the NFC east teams as I like to get the fan pulse and mix it up with y'all.  Some observations:

- best live game I've seen in years

- You always see things different when you are there at the stadium.  I haven't seen in a long time a QB have command of the game, make decisions and deliver the ball like Cousins did yesterday. He had 3-4 misses but so does every QB.  Hoping for a speedy RG3 recovery with lots of team dividing controversy.

- redskins defense is vastly improved.  don't let the 30 pts against fool ya cuz Chip Kelly can fart 30 pts against most defenses.

- Chris Polk is not fast.  Your kickoff team is terrible.

-As long as you keep Cousins in there you should be a wild card team and one I'd rather not face again.

Eagles season ticket holder since 95.  I have an acct with all the NFC east teams as I like to get the fan pulse and mix it up with y'all.  Some observations:

- You always see things different when you are there at the stadium.  I haven't seen in a long time a QB have command of the game, make decisions and deliver the ball like Cousins did yesterday. He had 3-4 misses but so does every QB.  Hoping for a speedy RG3 recovery with lots of team dividing controversy.

- redskins defense is vastly improved.  don't let the 30 pts against fool ya cuz Chip Kelly can fart 30 pts against most defenses.

-As long as you keep Cousins in there you should be a wild card team and one I'd rather not face again.

Well said - with the exception of the "controversy" part.  

That will be a really tough situation, I wouldn't wish that on any team, division rival or not.  I prefer to have the games decided on the field.

I like hearing what other fans see in our team, definitely a very exciting game that ended disappointing for us. We witnessed yesterday why Philly has the #1 offense, we shut down both of your threats and still couldn't stop you from scoring. Chip Kelly knows what he's doing and he knows how to run an offense and Foles is a better QB then I thought.  It's starting to look like Gruden knows a lil himself, but again our Special Ed teams strike again, they lost 2 for us in only 3 games, I hope we can fix it soon.

Nope, I want to keep them down and divided cuz they're a good team.  Funny thing is I went to the Monday night game week 1 last year and as I was driving to the stadium, there were huge 100 ft banners with RG3's picture on them.  And then his picture pasted all over the place.  With that, I'm hoping Snyder makes the bonehead decision to trump the coach's decision to play Cousins.

Nope, I want to keep them down and divided cuz they're a good team.  Funny thing is I went to the Monday night game week 1 last year and as I was driving to the stadium, there were huge 100 ft banners with RG3's picture on them.  And then his picture pasted all over the place.  With that, I'm hoping Snyder makes the bonehead decision to trump the coach's decision to play Cousins.

I want them to excel.  It's been far too long without a real competitive rivalry in the division.  Yesterday went a long way to setting that in motion.

Looking forward to more games like this in the future.,

The Skins were up big-time for this game.  While this had all the looks of a trap game for the Eagles - short week, coming off a grueling Monday night surprise victory, bad OL injuries, huge game the following week in SF - the Eagles were ready to play.  And that was a good thing because if they weren't, they would have gotten blown out.

It also needs to be remembered that the Eagles are not a Super Bowl-caliber team.  Their D just isn't ready yet and no one considers it prime time.  2 years maybe.  

Cousins scared the hell out of me.

It also needs to be remembered that the Eagles are not a Super Bowl-caliber team.  Their D just isn't ready yet and no one considers it prime time.  2 years maybe.  

Exactly, definitely not a championship caliber team, and this all falls on the D in the Eagles case.  Way too many holes on this D, not even a hint of a decent pass rush, and a gaping hole at SS.

Having competition from the Redskins will hopefully force them to address this - sooner than later.

Very good chance he does this.

As we know from prior experience as Redskins fans, Snyder isn't the smartest/wisest guy in the world.

This division is still up for grabs by all four teams imo...The Eagles are undefeated but you can't make a living (so to speak) constantly being down 10+ points and fighting back for a win like the Eagles have been doing, especially with injuries now starting to mount. Redskins' offense w/Cousins showed it can hang with the #1 offense in the league and turn the game into a shoot-out. Cowboys have seemed to find a slight groove with Murray running so well and Romo still being able to make enough plays. Not sure about the Giants but I can never count out Eli and Coughlin.

IMO, league has precedence set. If QB is winning, he stays in, period.

I'm a big RG3 fan, but I would be upset if they benched a successful QB for anybody. But, we shall see.

Which is why Alex Smith is now in KC lol...

IMO, league has precedence set. If QB is winning, he stays in, period.

I'm a big RG3 fan, but I would be upset if they benched a successful QB for anybody. But, we shall see.

The Skins were the only East team that I worried about coming into the season.   I feel just as worried now, even with a two game lead.    Great game by the Skins, their fans should be proud.

That said, some of the posters here just dont know the basic football rules...esp how booth reviews work.    And I was absolutely flabbergasted that some posters said the game was rigged because they called Maclin's sideline catch a catch.    1 knee = 2 feet is about as basic football knowledge as you can have.   Com'on Man!   ;)

Classy post, bud.  Thanks for coming by and doing it right.

Our special teams in general are terrible and Chip Kelly is very frustrating to play against.

My biggest take away is that we can score with you guys, and that wasn't the case last year.

Yup. If and when we cut out the self inflicted mistakes, we have the makings of a pretty darn good football team.

This will probably be one year to early, but watch out for the B&G re-emergence in 2015.

Hail.

Self inflicted mistakes have defined this team for two decades.  Somehow, someway, we've got to move past them.

Archived