Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from Philadelphia and the Stink (Thoughts and Observations)

Boss_Hogg

This is true, and actually, I think that teams that do that deserved to be booed.

I don't think that any of the 'Skins injuries yesterday fell into that category.  Hall tore his Achilles.  Kory L. left the game and I don't believe ever game back.  The one questionable one was Orakpo, but it looks like he had his middle-finger twisted backwards.

That said, last year, it was CLEAR that the Giants, the cheating ****s, tried to fake injuries to slow down the Eagles. It was definitely part of the gameplan. 

Frank Kearse definitely fell into that category where he was back in the next series where he acted like he got shot from the grassy knoll the series before.

Been to Redskins-Eagles games twice in Philly

1995 at the Vet

2008 at the Linc

95 was eons ago and I was 18 years old; it was a rowdy crowd, one guy even set a Redskins hat on fire in our section. However, I didn't feel uncomfortable or threatened that day.

In 2008 I was shocked... Was with my wife who was pregnant at the time and I was a bit nervous. Got the normal pre-game ribbing walking in, but nothing abnormal. I had good seats that day so maybe I missed the riff-raff, but I had ZERO issues with Eagles fan. Nothing even bordered on inappropriate. After the game (we won) they were much more mad at their own and didn't say much of anything to me or the other Skins fans I saw.

I've seen us play at Philly, Tampa, SF, Dallas, Giants, Broncos, Packers, Rams, etc and I've been to FedEx and RFK. It's all about the same with the Texas crowds (Houston, Dallas) being the friendliest and most tame and the other NFC East crowds (including Skins) being edgier. But I'm pretty convinced that the only real trouble that finds you at games is trouble you're looking for.

Yesterday could have been a bit dangerous if we pulled it out they were hyped more than usual. 

Stopped going to opposing stadiums a few years ago. I'm getting to old for the crap that goes on in stadiums. My mom has season tickets and I've even stopped going to Fed Ex for the same reasons. I'm going to the Seattle game in a couple of weeks, but I'll enjoy the trip to see family and friends more than the game.

I'd rather watch it at home. They includes all pro sports. But I do like to go to minor league games. Just more family and fan friendly.

I must a

I was at the game yesterday and it was one of the worst experiences at a sporting event. I took the ribbing from the fans but when they're constantly berating you with numerous curse words and racially insensitive remarks, and it get very annoying, very fast. I was physically threatened numerous times because people were mad that I was cheering for my team, why the hell wouldn't I cheer when DJax just caught a 80 yard bomb on you. Didn't back down to these stupid threats because they were all these skinny people acting like they would actually do something, and I'm a big guy so I didn't feel very threatened by them. They're probably the most classless people I've ever encountered but that should be expected when sitting 5 rows from the top. 

I can imagine its a little different the further back you go. I always sit mid level.

Did all of you Iggles fans make accounts just to defend yourselves in this thread?

Your fan base sucks ass. No matter the sport and the thing is every other fan base around will agree

fighting message board ignorance is my mission.   plus, what else am I going to do in my office, actually work?    Is this a self affirmation society?   If I wanted only people to agree with me that the Eagles are awesome and the Redskins suck I would post on an Eagles message board.  I find it interesting to debate with fans that dont have the same basic rooting interest that I do.

er, I live in Boston, have never seen any classless acts at the linc (only been there a few times admittedly) but have seen a ton of classless fans at Fenway.    My take - every stadium has it's idiots...even -gasp- the holier than though redskins.   (some who dont even seem to understand basic football rules). 

They have holding cells and a court room.  Please don't talk about things you know nothing about.

einstein - that is the old Vet.   right back at you.

I was at the game yesterday and it was one of the worst experiences at a sporting event. I took the ribbing from the fans but when they're constantly berating you with numerous curse words and racially insensitive remarks, and it get very annoying, very fast. I was physically threatened numerous times because people were mad that I was cheering for my team, why the hell wouldn't I cheer when DJax just caught a 80 yard bomb on you. Didn't back down to these stupid threats because they were all these skinny people acting like they would actually do something, and I'm a big guy so I didn't feel very threatened by them. They're probably the most classless people I've ever encountered but that should be expected when sitting 5 rows from the top. 

well - that is where the riffraff would tend to be sitting.   I have had no issues in the lower level.    I expect a Patriots fan could have a similar experience in the cheap seats at a Jets game.

I'd rather watch it at home. They includes all pro sports. But I do like to go to minor league games. Just more family and fan friendly.

FedEx Field has turned into a cesspool in the last decade. I'll never sit in the 400s and if I go I'll only sit in the clubs or dream seats. The 400s can be a war up there

I do go to plenty of Nats games except when they play the Phillies. Granted very few fans from Philly make the trip down 95 now to see their last place team play. I have been to a few Caps-Flyers games in the Ovechkin era and have very rarely encountered Philly fans. I know it was different in the '80s. And I don't think anyone in Philly cares enough about the 76ers to make the trip to Verizon to see a Wizards-76ers game

New York fans, obnoxious but not boorish or violent. Dallas fans? All local idiots who weren't loved as kids. NBD syndrome for sure. Other fan bases in DC? There is enough of a San Fran contingent to make noise at Nats/Skins games, but never any issue. Pittsburgh people suck but aren't violent. 

Note: I think it is cool the OP went up to Philly for the game. Personally I'd never go there unless it is one of those late December games where they suck and we are rolling and we can have about 5-10k Skins fans up there (2005 and 2012). Many of these issues go away once they have given up

It's not just fedex.  Its all football games.  Some poster earlier made the point that the fan experience is much better just watching at home and i agree.  

Me and my buddies get together every sunday grill, make food and watch football all day in the comfort of one our homes.  Its great.  

The DC police maced their own fans one game and the sidelines had to be cleared. Most of the responses here start with someone told me and cant go on past experience. Any Football fan knows that if you show up at the home teams stadium wearing an opposing jersey you are going to get harrassed. Go to Seattle in a Niners jersey or Oakland in a Broncos jersey. If your expecting a nice welcome your in for a rude awakening. 

LOL @ the Italian Market being Irish.... What was once Italian is now Hispanic or Asian. When was the last time you saw an Irish produce stand. When was the last time your heard racial remarks coming from the stands???? Most people dont want that type of recognition and the loss of their seats. 

Eagles fans boo opposing defensive players going down, because more often than not that player is faking trying to slow the pace. 

There is no jail or holding cells at the linc however if your arrested you will be held until a squad car picks you up, same thing anywhere else. 

As far as Philly being dirty, we have our bad parts of town and our good parts of town. DC is no picnic either.. 

In reality both fan bases hate each other and will always hate each other. So I dont really care what you think just like you dont care what we think... 37-34 is all that counts.. Go Birds

These are the same fans that stick their fingers down their throats and puke on small children at games. 

Elaborate ... please?

FedEx Field has turned into a cesspool in the last decade. I'll never sit in the 400s and if I go I'll only sit in the clubs or dream seats. The 400s can be a war up there

so true and great description. I sat in the 400's for the Skins run in 2005.  Freaking unreal. I can be rowdy guy, especially back then and I 'm sure I was part of the riff raff, but even I was like, this is wild. 

The DC police maced their own fans one game and the sidelines had to be cleared. Most of the responses here start with someone told me and cant go on past experience. Any Football fan knows that if you show up at the home teams stadium wearing an opposing jersey you are going to get harrassed. Go to Seattle in a Niners jersey or Oakland in a Broncos jersey. If your expecting a nice welcome your in for a rude awakening.

LOL @ the Italian Market being Irish.... What was once Italian is now Hispanic or Asian. When was the last time you saw an Irish produce stand. When was the last time your heard racial remarks coming from the stands???? Most people dont want that type of recognition and the loss of their seats.

Eagles fans boo opposing defensive players going down, because more often than not that player is faking trying to slow the pace.

There is no jail or holding cells at the linc however if your arrested you will be held until a squad car picks you up, same thing anywhere else.

As far as Philly being dirty, we have our bad parts of town and our good parts of town. DC is no picnic either..

In reality both fan bases hate each other and will always hate each other. So I dont really care what you think just like you dont care what we think... 37-34 is all that counts.. Go Birds

I go to Drexel and have taken sport management classes taught by former heads of security at both the Linc and the Vet.

They themselves know how ****ty you guys are and how much they hate you guys

You're not like other fan bases unless you want to count the cesspool that is Raiders Nation

The DC police maced their own fans one game and the sidelines had to be cleared. Most of the responses here start with someone told me and cant go on past experience. Any Football fan knows that if you show up at the home teams stadium wearing an opposing jersey you are going to get harrassed. Go to Seattle in a Niners jersey or Oakland in a Broncos jersey. If your expecting a nice welcome your in for a rude awakening. 

LOL @ the Italian Market being Irish.... What was once Italian is now Hispanic or Asian. When was the last time you saw an Irish produce stand. When was the last time your heard racial remarks coming from the stands???? Most people dont want that type of recognition and the loss of their seats. 

There is no jail or holding cells at the linc however if your arrested you will be held until a squad car picks you up, same thing anywhere else. 

First of all, PG County police did the macing. And it was in response to a "larger numbers of Eagles fans than usual at the game" and their boorish behavior. There is a reason these incidents happen at Eagles games. 

As for the bolded, you are partially correct:

This had led the Eagles to close "Eagles Court," a courtroom built into the stadium where unruly fans were taken for quick judgment and sentencing after committing crimes at both Veterans and Lincoln Financial stadiums. The court forced offenders to give up season tickets, pay a $400 fine and sit in jail for the rest of the game.

So there is currently no "Eagles Court" at the Linc, but there was in its inaugural season. 

Was at the game yesterday and the fans around me were pretty cool.  But in light of Boss Hogg's comment about the mostly Caucasian crowd......for much of the game the guys were talking about how good Cousins was playing. The guy behind me talked about how Snyder was "stupid for giving up all those picks......especially for a black quarterback."  I honestly don't think I misheard him.  This from a fan of a team who has had Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, and Mike Vick.....all oif which have led the team to varying degrees of success.....of course no Lombardis......that really grates at Eagles fans.

The guy beside me was cool and I was saying that they must be pretty happy with Chip Kelly so far. He said yes, especially after having to endure Andy Reid. I replied that I thought Reid was generally underappreciated by the Philly fanbase, who at the same time revered Buddy Ryan. He said he loved Buddy and of course brought up the Body Bag Game. Of course, I answered "And what happened in the playoffs two months later?" (Drops Mic)

Philly does have its share of classless fans but in general I appreciate the rocking game-day atmosphere up there.  I know the DMV is a transient area, but hopefully several seasons of consistent winning down here will keep more tickets in the hands of Skins fans  (either by STHs going to more games instead of selling, or Skins fans buying on Stubhub) to alleviate the number of visiting fans who seem to invade FedEx.

\

LOL @ the Italian Market being Irish.... 

Maybe I missed typing a word to clarify, but the point of me referring to Rocky and the Italian Market was to say that in spite of what it is KNOWN for, that there is a large contingent of Irish there and that led me to the quote. At no time was I saying either the Italian Market or Rocky were Irish, that would be absurdly stupid and ignorant, especially since I prefaced my post by saying I GREW UP THERE.  

Even a generally ignorant person would understand the difference after living there.  Again, I'll be charitable and assume I missed a word or you read too fast but come on, that was a hare-brained misapprehension of what I said or what could even reasonably be intended.

The DC police maced their own fans one game and the sidelines had to be cleared.

Uh, not quite Toad. I was at the game sitting in section 228. Philthy fans started a fight about 8 rows back & 3 or 4 sections over from me. It was right behind the philthy bench where all the inbred philthy fans come to cause problems. Cops came down to mace the fighters & dragged 2 drunk philthy rednecks out of the stadium. The sideline fans by he bench sucked in the mace & made the philthy players start wheezing like a 90-year old 3 pack a day smoker.

Good times...

Elaborate ... please?

so true and great description. I sat in the 400's for the Skins run in 2005.  Freaking unreal. I can be rowdy guy, especially back then and I 'm sure I was part of the riff raff, but even I was like, this is wild. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

It was a Phillies game, but the same white trash that go to Phillies game also go to Eagles games.

But yet you created an account and made a long first post.  So I really do think you care what we think there guy.

Few other things: the stadium constantly plays music from the Rocky movies. I always thought Ivan Drago was cooler, but then again I've always liked the bad guys (Megatron, Ric Flair, Darth Vader, etc)

Riley Cooper is a fan favorite. The fans yell "Coooop!" Every time he touches the ball. I Thought that was interesting.

The cool eagles fan on septa was like, "yeah eagles fans are usually cowards. They only attack if they have a large group with them, they rarely take you one on one." This was true, the group of skinny white boys weren't expecting me to walk up to their tailgate and dish it write back to them. I'm a thick dude, 5'11" 250.

I'd do it all over again. I'm not scared of those pricks. In fact it was fun to watch them cower. I loved the boos and "Asshole! Asshole!" Chants directed at me.

Maybe I'm a just sick individual.

If you ever go back and need someone to ride with, I'm soooo down. Love going to Nats/Phillies games and giving it right back to them.

Archived