Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Extremeskins Tailgate 09/25 Vs New York

pez

Official Extremeskins Tailgate - 09/25/14

WAS.png    VS    NYG.png

Welcome Back Home!

We are a gathering of die hard Washington Redskins fans who love to come together and have a good time out in the lots before and after the game. Our tailgate has become a very popular point at Fedex Field, and we have been featured in numerous media broadcasts. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

The Extremeskins Tailgate has become an institution at Fedex Field, and it is because of all the members involved. The dedication, hard work and investments by folks year in and year out is second to none. This tailgate is getting bigger every year and is well respected because of our passion, our friendly welcoming environment and the charity we do. The Redskins organization has recognized our contributions and how we present ourselves and because of that, has recognized our tailgate as official Redskins Fan Captains. Lets continue to do our best as the best tailgate at Fedex Field!

Once again, the Extremeskins Tailgate will have containers available for the Extremeskins Charity Funds. There will be two containers. One container will be for pop tabs (the little tabs on the top of aluminum beer and soda cans)... this is to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. If you drink a beer or coke, don't forget to take off the tab and put it in the container before throwing away!!! The other container will be for monetary donations, and will be for the the charity selected selected this year: Camp Fantastic (for kids with cancer) Please check the charity threads! Please donate what you can, there are needy folks out there that can use our help!

I am sure most of you are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, and if you can donate items to the tailgate, that you check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something, but we do ask that people who regularly attend the tailgate try to chip in something.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Remember:
Food/Drinks/Supplies are appreciated over monetary donations

What Is It?

We are a gathering of die hard Washington Redskins fans who love to come together and have a good time out in the lots before and after the game. Our tailgate has become a very popular point at Fedex Field, and we have been featured in numerous media broadcasts. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

When Is It?

September 25th. 4:25 pm - 8:00 pm. Post game tailgate times vary (but yes there is a post game tailgate!). The tailgate always starts the moment the parking lot opens (4 hours before game time) and we start packing up around 30 minutes before game time. Many of us arrive even earlier to do a bit of pre-tailgating on Redskins Road before the lot is opened... you can usually find a bunch of us at the very front of the line.

Where Is It?

We have found a nice spot (featuring concrete & grass areas) in the Fedex Field parking lot that offers us a ton of room and protection from cars running all over the place as well as other amenities.

Section E-43 in the Green Lot (see map below).

From 495
  • - Take exit 17B to merge onto MD-202 W/Landover Rd toward Bladensburg
  • - At the first light, turn left onto Brightseat Rd
  • - At the first light, keep straight onto Redskins Rd (stadium should be straight ahead of you) and start getting into the lanes on the left.
  • - When you get into the parking area surrounding the stadium, make the first available left
  • - Keep towards the back of the lot (tree line)
  • - Follow till you see the signs on the poles for E-42 & E-43 (we are smack in between)
  • - We are against the treeline. You should see a flagpole with a black ExtremeSkins flag and yellow Redskins Fan Captain flag.
estg0s.jpg estg1s.jpg
>>> Click Maps for larger view (make sure your pop-up blocker is off)<<<

Who Can Come?

Absolutely everyone... the more the merrier! This tailgate originated as a tailgate for the ExtremeSkins board, but it has expanded to so much more and has brought in not only folks from other fan sites, but it has become a haven for all Redskins fans, their friends and their families. We accept fans of all sorts, even of other teams. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We appreciate the razzing of opponents fans, but keep it civil (treat those as you would be treated)! We do not tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc... Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids at our tailgate    :)

When it comes down to it, we are all fans of a game and all want to have a good time. As the Hogettes always say: Hate the team (especially Dallas), not the fan!

What Can I Do?

We are a potluck style tailgate, so we prefer that folks bring food/drinks/supplies rather than money. While we do not solicit any contributions to the tailgate, they are welcome. Many of us who help run the tailgate spend alot of money on the supplies that we provide at every tailgate. Anything you can do to help is highly desired and appreciated, such as bringing food, drinks, supplies or even donating monetarily (which is distributed among the core members of the group).

During the course of this tailgate's history, every year, we have had people step up and become core members that help with the organization, setup and supply of the tailgate, which has resulted in its success. If you would like to help out in this capacity, please let us know, we desperately could use the help!

If you are bringing a food, drink or supply item to the tailgate, please post a response in this thread with what you plan to bring !!

Who Do I Contact?

You can get almost every question answered by posting in this thread, but if you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by emailing: pez@gwu.edu or skinshuly@gmail.com

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Again... please try to post your question in this thread. Most of the members in this thread are ES Tailgate veterans! 

=========================================================================

Food List
  • TBD
Drink List
  • 1 Case of Beer (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Case of Water (Pez/Huly)
Supply List
  • Flagpole/Flags (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Canopy (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Tables (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Chairs (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Cooler w/Ice (Pez/Huly)
=========================================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Beer/Mixed Drinks/Spirits
Food:
  • Hamburgers w/Buns
  • Hot Dogs w/Buns
  • Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns
  • Grilled chicken/steak/etc
  • Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)
  • Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)
  • Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)
  • Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)
  • Dips, salsa, etc
Supplies:
  • Grills (we never have enough!)
  • Canopy's/Tents
  • Tables (another item we always need!)
  • Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
  • Coolers with Ice
  • Plastic Cups
  • Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
  • Paper Plates
  • Napkins/Paper Towels
  • Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!) 

For the early birds - we got some weather issues...

Rain tonight 90%.

Rain tomorrow morning 80%, but it'll taper off and should end early afternoon.  It'll be only 20% midafternoon and evening and night.  It'll also be windy.  High 67 F.  Low 56 at night with wind 10-15 mph. 

So I won't be getting there in the morning and I won't be doing reubens either.  I can't do them in the wind. 

I'll roll in as soon as the rain starts to slow down somewhat...

came by last year for the lions game and it was a first class tailgate with first class people....food was fantastic and I finally got to try pez's legendary wings and they lived up to their billing.   Enjoyed it so much I am looking forward to coming by tomorrow.  Im skipping out on rosh hashana to go to the game so while I will not have time to prepare a dish Im happy to pick up; soda, water, plates/napkins, chips, so please let me know.  Hope to see some familiar faces tomorrow and some new ones.  GO SKINS!

Archived