Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR:Brian Orakpo Injury

Smurf85

Well I hope this isn't serious. 

Washington Redskins star linebacker Brian Orakpo suffered an injured middle finger during Sunday's loss to the NFC East rival Philadelphia Eagles.    

Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com reported the news following the thrilling Week 3 divisional matchup:

Orakpo is a key cornerstone of the Washington defense, which couldn't quite contain the Eagles' high-powered offense in a 37-34 defeat. If Washington is meant to make a legitimate playoff push, its odds of doing so will take a huge hit without Orakpo in the lineup.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2206182-brian-orakpo-injury-updates-on-redskins-stars-finger-and-return

Did he even do anything when he was healthy?

He never steps up in big divisional games. It took him like five years to get a sack in a divisional game.

Just let the guy walk next off season. He might blow up somewhere else but more likely he'll be another Laron Landry/Lavar Arrington/Carlos Rogers. High draft pick washout.

Yeah, I'm 110% we won't notice if he's out

I guess you didn't watch the 2nd half of the game today. He had a couple of big hits on Foles. 

He had a middle finger injury, missed a few plays and came back.

Gruden said he wouldn't miss any time.

Not a big deal.

The thread can now morph into "we paid too much for Orakpo" and "Where was he today."

Have fun!

That would be great news. As for the other crap. Fans can take that **** over to a different thread as far as I'm concerned. 

He did better once Peters got ejected but still didn't get a sack.

He just isn't worth the money he wants. He's a decent player but not a star.

Getting sacks is irrelevant if you are pressuring the qb. He was constantly in Foles face, and caused numerous incompletions, short throws or throw aways.

Yeah, I'm 110% we won't notice if he's out

Apparently you 

A - Paid no attention to Orakpo today because he had another very solid game and

B - Have paid no attention to Trent Murphy when he subs in for Orakpo. 

Murphy is a fine young player and I'm excited to see what he can develop into. But for right now, there is a significant drop off from Orakpo to Murphy. Come to think of it, we need Murphy to start making more of an impact. When he comes in he's often rushing alongside Hatcher, Orakpo and Kerrigan. He's going to see the least attention, obviously, but he is yet to register a sack. He's gotten close a few times but hasn't gotten there yet. The front 7 needs to play out of their minds given Hall's injury on the back end. 

Archived