Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richard Freaking Sherman

21forever

Like most people in this world... I can't stand this guy.  Sure, the guy is a good corner, but I can't believe he talks all this **** all game/every game, gets in spats with players on Twitter about how he's the best, Legion of Boom this and Legion of Boom that, saying he's going to eat people's hearts out during the Super Bowl, getting up in Tom Brady's face after a win, and after all that... once he get's exposed and has a game where he gets picked apart by Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates...

yep...

... he's nowhere to be found.  Disappears.  Refuses to talk to the media.  What a little *****.  I hate the guy and his team.  Seattle is up there along with Dallas and Philly as my most hated teams.  I wish that team the worst.

/rant

He is great, and is very smart at what he does.  He has talked everyone into believing he is the best corner in the league.  He is not.  He is top 5-10, for sure.  His spat with Crabtree and his twitter game has done what he intended them to do. 

Sorry. I cant take any of your posts seriously with your ridiculousness in all of your Eagles threads.  Actually, no... Im not sorry.  Good day to you.

The fact that you've created a thread "in honor" of him, shows he's succeeded.  Give him credit for recognizing that the NFL is an entertainment business, and if you want to make a lot of money you need to be a top player and/or figure out a way to gin up fan and sponsor attention.  He's done both....very good corner and has publicized himself very well.

I'd take him on the Eagles in a heartbeat, but can understand why people can't stand him.  Personally, I ignore all that crap normally.  It's just reality TV stuff.

And this separates him from other nfl corners how?

Surely anyone who claims to be even a semi-informed football fan should know that Richard Sherman led the league in interceptions last year, even though many QBs and teams were afraid to throw to his side of the field. Not to mention All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors. And the ring.

Sherman's peers - his fellow NFL players - voted him the 7th best player in the NFL, the highest ranked defensive player and the only defensive player in the top 10 http://www.nfl.com/top100/2014#video=0ap2000000363943

Do you watch any games other than Redskins games?

You have his poster on your bedroom door don't you?

No, I don't do that sort of thing, do you? But I can respect good players, no matter which team they play for.

Ahhh there's that passive aggressiveness

Knew you had it in you

:huh:

Projection

Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

On a relatively unrelated note.

One of the funniest commercials I've seen in a while was the Cure Auto Insurance parody on Sherman's post game 49er tirade.

Little blue face paraphrases Sherman and substitutes gecko for Crabtree. Niche market advertising, it ran during opening night.

Sherman's a douche, commercial was great.

I like Richard Sherman, I would love to have him on the Skins roster.

How did he get picked apart by Antonio Gates? He doesn't cover TEs

I don't know about Antonio Gates, but he got thrown at by Rivers all day long on Sunday, and he got burnt.  He was awful, so bad in fact that the announcers started to comment about how Rivers was throwing at him and he was essentially doing nothing to stop it.  

The Seahawks lost that game, in large part, because Sherman couldn't cover his man.  It was quite gratifying.

I don't know about Antonio Gates, but he got thrown at by Rivers all day long on Sunday, and he got burnt. 

Allen had 55 yards, Royal had 69. The longest completion between the two was 14 yards. Only 6 of their combined receptions came against him. Neither scored.

I think you and I have drastically different definitions of what "Burnt" means.

I simply meant that Seattle defense was getting torched by Gates... not just Sherman.  I should've worded that differently.  

A lot of Philly fans here are sticking up for Sherman.  Weird.  

Lame response...

Poster actually makes some good points in his reply.

Westy is the biggest troll on these boards.  He's won the ES laughing stock award here more than PittmanFor2 has, and that's a lot.  

Allen had 55 yards, Royal had 69. The longest completion between the two was 14 yards. Only 6 of their combined receptions came against him. Neither scored.

Say what you want... but everyone noticed that Sherman was getting picked on out there.  Then, once the media went to ask him about it, he was conveniently nowhere to be found.  Refused to talk.  He talks a big game and then *****ed out when things didn't go his way.  I don't respect it, but you can go back to stroking the dreads on your Richard Sherman doll now...  

Say what you want... but everyone noticed that Sherman was getting picked on out there. Then, once the media went to ask him about it, he was conveniently nowhere to be found. Refused to talk. He talks a big game and then *****ed out when things didn't go his way. I don't respect it, but you can go back to stroking the dreads on your Richard Sherman doll now...

I'm not saying he didn't have a bad game, but it was a Josh Wilsonesque death by 1000 cuts kind of day, not a toasting.

I'm sorry that you seem to define "one of the best corners in the game" differently than everyone else who watches football, and isn't a Seattle fan.

Getting 6 passes completed against you, is a BAD day.

Archived