Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jacoby for 2015 HOF!

WetHog

Preliminary 2015 Hall of Fame ballot announced today. It's time for the Skins organization to get behind Jacoby for the HOF like they did for Monk, Green and Grimm.

The Hogs deserve a 2nd representative in the HOF and who better than Old #66?

We as fans need to get the wheels turning.

#Doit4Jake

I LOVE Joe Jacoby!  In fact, he was the first in the line of Outstanding Redskins Tackles that descended him.  Thanks to The Hogs, & Ole 66 in particular, we have a strong tradition of Tackles in The Super Bowl Era.

(Pittsburgh has Centers, We have Tackles.  Explains why our Rushing Attack has been good more often than not, eh?  ;))

Okay, I'm game.  But how exactly would we go about doing it? 

I have no problems with Joe Jacoby being voted into the Hall of Fame.

One player who I am curious about as to why he wasn't considered for the HoF:  Jim Lachey  He was an anchor for the Redskins at left tackle.  Strolling down memory lane, I still remember one play where Mark Rypien threw an interception against the Raiders and Lachey absolutely destroyed the Raiders' guy who picked it off.  To this day, I don't believe I've seen a better tackle.  I'm quite sure the Raiders player suffered a concussion.  When the trainers finally got him to his feet, he was dazed and needed help finding his team's bench.

Anyone have any idea why this multiple pro-bowl player never got voted in?

I think Gary Clark should be in before Big Jake but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Jacoby is Hall of Fame worthy. 

I've never understood why so many people assumed Monk was a HOF candidate, but questioned Clark's inclusion.  Monk's stats were better, but Clark's ceiling was higher IMO.

I've never understood why so many people assumed Monk was a HOF candidate, but questioned Clark's inclusion.  Monk's stats were better, but Clark's ceiling was higher IMO.

When you consider the USFL stats, and it is the PRO Football HOF not the NFL HOF, Clark's numbers are almost identical to Micheal Irvin's. Clark had the same number of NFL TDS ans Irvin in one less season. 

Considering how long it took Monk to get in I'm not holding my breath for Clark. 

Meh, no real love for Jake. Typical. Love the QB, RB or WR, but not the guys that make it all happen on offense.

Oh well

People are impervious to this now. You aren't the first and you won't be the last to bring this up. (Which happens most every year on the yearly HoF snub.).

When you've Redskin hating A-Holes like Peter Queen on the committee Jake will continue to be disgracefully overlooked.

It just is what it is sadly and is far more to the detriment of everyone involved in the process than it is on one if the greatest linemen to ever play the sport.

Hail.

Its a football sin that Jacoby isn't in the Hall.  He was dominate run and pass blocker and smashed opponents on sweeps. I miss those days!

Clark definitely needs to get in. If Lynn Swann can get voted in because of his post season stats why can't Clark?? Never mind that Clark totally destroyed Swann's regular season stats.  

My favorite Gary Clark performance was against the Falcon's in the 1991 season.  I think he had 4 catches for over 200 yards and three TDs if I remember correctly. 

Been spamming email and tweets to 980 personalities. Got one response from the token white guy on Doc Walkers show, forgot his name. Basically he said "what can we do, we don't have a HOF vote".

Well they can talk about deserving Skins for the HOF like Jake and Clark daily. Get it out there. They did as much for Monk the year he finally got in.

It really comes down to a deliberate campaign by the Redskins organization. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Primarily because of the name BS.

Having said that, considering the debacle that has been the organizations PR response to the name change folk it's better they don't campaign for past Skins for the HOF.

I'll keep trying for my guy Jake. Maybe one day I'll be in Canton celebrating his induction. Would be sweet.

#doitforjake66

If the Hogs wore silver/blue or silver/black or gold/red they would have a special wing in Canton just for them.

An offensive line that went up against all time defenses in the Bears, Giants, Eagles and beat them, beat them for ************* championships.

Sidenote: I tuned into MNF yesterday and noticed in the intro video of 40+ years of highlights that there wasn't a single Redskins clip. Not one. This league continues to whitewash this team at every turn.

I have no problems with Joe Jacoby being voted into the Hall of Fame.

One player who I am curious about as to why he wasn't considered for the HoF:  Jim Lachey  He was an anchor for the Redskins at left tackle.  Strolling down memory lane, I still remember one play where Mark Rypien threw an interception against the Raiders and Lachey absolutely destroyed the Raiders' guy who picked it off.  To this day, I don't believe I've seen a better tackle.  I'm quite sure the Raiders player suffered a concussion.  When the trainers finally got him to his feet, he was dazed and needed help finding his team's bench.

Anyone have any idea why this multiple pro-bowl player never got voted in?

• 3 months later...

Terrell Davis? I know why some support him, but he's basically riding 3.5 notable years, John Elway's jock, and the Shanahan running gold mine into a potential HOF bid. I mean if he's a candidate, shouldn't Portis be one? Or does Davis get credit for being on a Super Bowl champ? If so, make room for fellow 2000 yard rusher and Super Bowl champ Jamal Lewis!

Archived