Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Last night went from level 15 to almost 19 in no time, all crucible.  I stock up on 5 crucible bounties, play the matches until at least 4 or all 5 of them are completed, cash them in all at once, buy 5 more, repeat.  Can only do this about 2 times though cause of the stupid vendor reset times.  

I went on a melee tear one match, I was jump punching fools, dodging bullets, etc.  I had a kill streak of something crazy like 10-11 all from melee and one hulk smash.  I was in complete beast mode.

Man do i struggle in crucible matches..take like 1/2 the match to get a kill and i swear dudes must have ridic guns b/c i feel like i die in like two shots. 

I feel that way too sometimes.  I absolutely suck in Rumble (FFA), but I do well/very well in Control and the TDM.   They say the weapon damage is adjusted to make it basically equal, I'm not buying it.

ive got the hang of it now. here is what to do from a hunter's point of view:

-aim for the head. this game heavily rewards headshots. you don't have to have shots on first to win. most players have bad aim and you can smoke them with headshots.

-the only time to rush the enemy team is if you have heavy ammo or a super

-patrol the heavy ammo spawn point and use your super

-it doesn't take a whole lot to get away from a losing gunfight. just run, throw a grenade to cya, duck, and wait for your buddies to appear and for you to regain health.

as for the guns, you'll get new weapons that have better perks but you can still wreck shop with the most basic guns. ive been using the first autorifle that I got.

-aim for the head. this game heavily rewards headshots. you don't have to have shots on first to win. most players have bad aim and you can smoke them with headshots.

This.  Body shots take me 7-8 to kill vs 1 headshot.  (Full shielding)

A scout rifle and an elevated perch and I absolutely dominate all but the best players. If they rush me, I have trouble.  At range I own.

Good tips there. I will give that a go. I struggle in multiplayer. 8 or 9 kills is a good match for me and K/D ratio is around .50 lol. The game is terrific all in all. I'm level 19 and that's playing no more than a couple of hours a night 4-5 times a week. Leveling is pretty fast imo(almost too fast) My personal favorite weapon is the hand cannon. 

This.  Body shots take me 7-8 to kill vs 1 headshot.  (Full shielding)

A scout rifle and an elevated perch and I absolutely dominate all but the best players. If they rush me, I have trouble.  At range I own.

What about a sniper rifle instead of a scout rifle? Would that work with this strategy or is the sniper rifle too slow for MP?

What about a sniper rifle instead of a scout rifle? Would that work with this strategy or is the sniper rifle too slow for MP?

Snipers are powerful, yes.

My sniper has 23 rounds (rare 242 dmg).  My scout rifle has almost 400 rounds (legendary 288 dmg).  For me, its scout rifle all day.

Coupled with either a shotty or a fusion rifle, its pretty overpowered.

edit:  I know the crit tables are different.  My sniper crits for 2200, my scout rifle 700.  700 is more than enough to kill in the crucible.

Does Destiny have clans?  

Yes.  They work through the website/app.  click on clans and you can either create one or join one.

Is anyone interested in doing a strike this weekend? I'm on ps4

All day, every day (when I'm not spending qt with the family like now).  mssanary on ps4.  I'm always down.

-the only time to rush the enemy team is if you have heavy ammo or a super

-patrol the heavy ammo spawn point and use your super

-it doesn't take a whole lot to get away from a losing gunfight. just run, throw a grenade to cya, duck, and wait for your buddies to appear and for you to regain health.

as for the guns, you'll get new weapons that have better perks but you can still wreck shop with the most basic guns. ive been using the first autorifle that I got.

this is pretty much spot on.  Anyone with common sense SHOULD think/play this way, but I see way to many team mates doing the opposite of whats listed here.  Things I would add...

-PAY ATTENTION TO THE RADAR, if you see red in the far proximity and its then suddenly gone, that guy is crouching around the corner with a shot gun, don't be an idiot.

- SIDE STEP, if you jump in a 1v1 with me, you are dead.

-this game is just like halo in regards to shields and team work, ALWAYS roll with your team mates.  You should NEVER lose 2v1 in this game. Find clever ways to knock down the bad guy's shields before you actually engage.

- Heavy weapons and supers are great and all that, but the sniper rifle is the best gun in the game.  One shot head shot every time, get good with them.  If you hit them in the body, it shouldn't be a problem because your team mate should be right there to clean the kill  up for you. If you suck at aiming, use those shotguns/pulse rifle things and the radar to your advantage.

-RUN.  Sportjunkie is right on.  fight on your terms, and get with your team mates.

All different levels of guns in this game have been pretty well balanced.  I have no issue using a common level auto rifle in crucible and being at the top of the score board.  

Yes.  They work through the website/app.  click on clans and you can either create one or join one.

All day, every day (when I'm not spending qt with the family like now).  mssanary on ps4.  I'm always down.

I'll add you, i'm code0rama on the psn, the 0 is a zero

I just hit level 20 last night.  So what do I do now?  I have to have on light armor to gain XP past level 20 right?  And does it increase the more pieces you have that have that?  If all my armor has light, then I'll gain XP faster than say if it's only my helmet (which is the case).

Where do I get this armor.  Basically, I've PvP'd from level 6 to 20 on this character, haven't even finished the earth story line on this char lol.  What is this Cosmodrome you speak of and how do I get there?

I feel lost now.

I just hit level 20 last night. So what do I do now? I have to have on light armor to gain XP past level 20 right? And does it increase the more pieces you have that have that? If all my armor has light, then I'll gain XP faster than say if it's only my helmet (which is the case).

Where do I get this armor. Basically, I've PvP'd from level 6 to 20 on this character, haven't even finished the earth story line on this char lol. What is this Cosmodrome you speak of and how do I get there?

I feel lost now.

I posted a link to a video showing how to get there and what to do. It's nuts.

They nerfed the cave too, it used to be more insane.

Use your crucible marks to buy legendaries from the crucible vendor / vendor you farmed rep with (if any).

Immediate return on your investment in the crucible.  3 marks for a win, 2 for a loss.  easy peasy.

If you haven't played the story, do it AFTER you buy your legendaries.  You get armor upgrades for completing the missions, so your gear gets better super quick.

My titan will be leveled through the crucible and I will do what I stated above.

Find the strange coin vendor on Friday and see if he has a piece you need.  Super good stuff to be had on the cheap.

The Cosmodrome is the Earth mission.  It takes place in Russia, at an abandoned space port called, you guessed it - the cosmodrome.  Patrol mode is unlocked after the 2nd or 3rd mission you complete.  Youtube will show you exactly how to get to the cave.  Note - it doesn't matter if someone else is farming that.  If you are in proximity to the player getting the kill - you get item drops from it, I have not noticed a glimmer or xp drop though.  A group of us (all blues to me) farmed it for about an hour on Friday.  3 legendaries and full bags of blues and greens.  Happy hunting.

They nerfed the cave too, it used to be more insane.

Use your crucible marks to buy legendaries from the crucible vendor / vendor you farmed rep with (if any).

Immediate return on your investment in the crucible.  3 marks for a win, 2 for a loss.  easy peasy.

If you haven't played the story, do it AFTER you buy your legendaries.  You get armor upgrades for completing the missions, so your gear gets better super quick.

My titan will be leveled through the crucible and I will do what I stated above.

Find the strange coin vendor on Friday and see if he has a piece you need.  Super good stuff to be had on the cheap.

The Cosmodrome is the Earth mission.  It takes place in Russia, at an abandoned space port called, you guessed it - the cosmodrome.  Patrol mode is unlocked after the 2nd or 3rd mission you complete.  Youtube will show you exactly how to get to the cave.  Note - it doesn't matter if someone else is farming that.  If you are in proximity to the player getting the kill - you get item drops from it, I have not noticed a glimmer or xp drop though.  A group of us (all blues to me) farmed it for about an hour on Friday.  3 legendaries and full bags of blues and greens.  Happy hunting.

Find the strange coin vendor on Friday and see if he has a piece you need.  Super good stuff

I was looking at the Crucible vendor last night, I have to be Crucible Rank 2 to purchase anything, and I only have like 30 Crucible marks, not sure if you start getting those at level 19 or not, but I didn't notice any until after I hit 19 last night.  

Goon, are you saying that if I wear Crucible gear in the Crucible matches then I get 3 marks for a win and 2 for a loss per piece of gear equipped?  Or do I have to have a full set?  The weapons can't be purchased until Rank 4 too, so a long way to go.

Should I wait to do the Cosmodrome until I have the legendary Crucible gear?

Sweet, just looked at your video Code.  Funny thing, right after I started my Warlock, I ran by that and saw people doing that, ran up and killed a few of the monsters and left lmao.

So, I can just stand behind that rock and do absolutely nothing while others kill mobs and collect........MUHAHAHAHAHA!  I'm gonna do that while watching the Redskins game tonight.

I was looking at the Crucible vendor last night, I have to be Crucible Rank 2 to purchase anything, and I only have like 30 Crucible marks, not sure if you start getting those at level 19 or not, but I didn't notice any until after I hit 19 last night.  

Goon, are you saying that if I wear Crucible gear in the Crucible matches then I get 3 marks for a win and 2 for a loss per piece of gear equipped?  Or do I have to have a full set?  The weapons can't be purchased until Rank 4 too, so a long way to go.

Should I wait to do the Cosmodrome until I have the legendary Crucible gear?

Doesn't matter what gear you wear, you get the marks.  I don't know when the rep/mark accumulation starts (level wise). 

The good news is that I only spent 3-4 hours in the crucible and got ~60 marks.  If you have 30, youll have your gauntlets, chestpiece, or leg armor soon!  Do as many bounties as you can, as fast as you can.  If you are going to log off for the night, make sure your bounty log is full.  The next time you play you will have the ones in your log, and the 7 or 8 offered by the droid.  Here's hoping you get some free legendaries as match completion bonuses.

If I can just get legendaries from the cave do I really even need to get crucible marks to buy armor. Can't I just get what I need from the cave?

You are leaving yourself up to 6-7 trillion loot combinations that way.

Do both.  Work bounties and when those are done, abuse the cave.  Good way to get glimmer and mats for upgrading stuff.

Archived