Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Eagles Prediction Thread: Put Me In Coach I'm Ready To Play

skins island connection

When: Sunday September 21st 1:00 p.m. 

Where: That Battery-throwing bunch of drunks crowd @ Lincoln Financial Field

Yea, this is a day early, but being i'm in a good mood, I said why not !

The Redskins travel up the highway to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles on sunday.

The Eagles still have their monday night work cut out for them against the Colts, but they played the very same Jacksonville Jaguars team that we played on sunday. At first, Jacksonville looked like they were going to upset the Eagles, who were having turnover issues, and found themselves in a hole for the first half of the game, but re-grouped to pull off a comeback win.

The Redskins come off a more than impressive win against the very same Jaguars team, with a performance on all fronts that has not been seen from this team in years.  A horrible injury to Griffin early in the game, who looked as if he was in 2012 form, has sidelined him for awhile,  and then the unexpected happened. Kirk Cousins steps in, and without some starters, engineered a very pleasing game to Redskin fans, coupled with a defensive performance which caught everyone by surprise.

10 sacks? From WHO you say? Yes, and it was probably a weak Jacksonville team, they are an NFL team nonetheless, but the way they dominated was the impressive part about it. 

Now this match-up will be a dog fight; wait, poor choice of words; a brawl. NFCE games can, and usually are, wild, especially between these two teams.

Can the Redskin defense prove that they have improved, and it wasn't a fluke?  Can Cousins play at or near the level he played last week? Will DJax be on the field to prove he was worth the money?

Look for a good old fashioned game, hard hitting, and probably a close game. Foles is a big QB, not easy to bring down, but the Redskin front d-line is up for the challenge. The team that gives up the ball less in this game will most likely win, so here's to the Redskins recovering alot of turnovers.

After the feathers fly,

Redskins 23

Eagles    19

We are still the Redskins...we never win a game like this! Big win fans all hyped equals instant loss with the exception of course of the anomaly 2012 season

Hope I'm wrong but now we will see how are chances really are of competing for this Division or not.

Redskins 20

Eagles 23

Defense comes back to earth against a team that actually resembles a football team....Kirk plays well but he goes 20-40 for 265 a TD and 2 INT

Alfred will put up 90 yards and a TD

Eagles play just good enough to get a win  

If Desean Jackson plays:

Redskins 74, Eagles 3.

If Desean Jackson can't go:

Redskins 74, Eagles 3.

Remember in 2012 when the Saints guys were trolling and they posted your prediction on their board? :lol: :lol:

"Those Redskins fans are really stupid... one of them says they're going to win 74-3" I about died cause I knew just who they were talking about. :lol:

Alright... this is one team who can really test our line depth (or lack thereof).  That hurry up is going to test everyone.  Everyone will need to be on board for it.  I know having DJax will help, but it's really no secret what Chip Kelly wants to do, he just does it.  Not having Barry Cofield is going to hurt for this one, because we are thin on that line and that'll hurt later in the game if they want to go hurry up the whole game.

Tackling on this team is MUCH improved and that'll help as well.  Our depth at LB and our speed at LB is much better.  Compton can come in and play for Keenan/Riley for a series or two and we'll be in good shape, I think.  Same with our secondary, who seem to be re-focused with new leadership (I love Ryan Clark, can't say it enough).

I'm still flying high about yesterday, but this one, even more so than the Seahawks game, gives me pause.  I just don't know what to expect.  There will be a lot of emotions going into this one and I think it'll be close either way.

I see a 27-24 type final.  I'm not sure who wins, it'll likely come down to a mistake that I hope the Eagles make.  As a Redskins fan, I think I'll lean that way for now.

Eagles 24

Redskins 27

For FIRST place in the NFC Eastern Division.

We are still the Redskins...we never win a game like this! Big win fans all hyped equals instant loss with the exception of course of the anomaly 2012 season

Hope I'm wrong but now we will see how are chances really are of competing for this Division or not.

Redskins 20

Eagles 23

Defense comes back to earth against a team that actually resembles a football team....Kirk plays well but he goes 20-40 for 265 a TD and 2 INT

Alfred will put up 90 yards and a TD

Eagles play just good enough to get a win  

Sadly this is freaking dead on. 

Skins' have just beat it in to us that they simply, "don't win games like this" 

End of 2012 I said that a lot and was proved wrong, but man, I'm a battered fan. 

it's so hard to predict how the eagles will play. at one point, I do think we have the more talented team top to bottom; however, the eagles have won a lot more games recently.

this game is going to be frustrating. both teams are going to be passing and there will be a lot of bs penalties. I predict Zach ertz will be a major problem and McCoy will get injured. skins defensive line pressure will force fast throw from foles along with tipped passes and int's.

ultimately, the turnover battle will decide the winner with the skins winning 33-24.

I actually think we'll do pretty well in this game. 28-21 Redskins

Eagles offensive line is pretty beat up so the pass rush should be working well, their defense is not that great while ours looks pretty good. Guys like Keenan Robinson and Ryan Clark are going to be huge in this game. Amerson also needs to continue his good play.

We should have a better idea of what to expect from the Eagles after tonight's game. At the moment I'm not that afraid of them.

Hard fought game. Skins have a 6 point lead late, when a tired D, who has fought their guts out, isn't able to make that final play to seal the deal.

Eagles 21

Skins 20

Pretty good game all around. Proves that they have improved from last year and will be willing to fight for the ENTIRE season

Week 1 and 2 were almost polar opposites in every way imaginable.  

Week 3 will be equally as difficult to predict.  Prior to the MNF game tonight, because the Eagles winning/losing and score would change things for me, but my guess would be 35-33 Redskins. 

If Eagles win big tonight, maybe they play a little worse, if they lose big tonight, I would pick them to win our game.  If it's anything else, I'd probably keep my score.  Barring key injuries too of course.

Cousins will not look as stellar as he did against the Justaguys, due to better gameplanning, but I will give him this game to show that his "progress" during the preseason and game 2 indeed show growth, and were not just aberrations.  I truly think at this point "he knows what he's doing" because I don't see how you can regress from some of the fundamentals he seems to have, but that's not the same as seeing different defensive looks and such.  All I'm saying is, he might be bad, but I don't think we have to worry about him looking "trainwreck" bad or anything.

As a side note, it's pretty annoying that the Eagles have now become, of all ****ing things, like, a mini ****ing version of the Patriots (without the SBs of course)... like... oh boy, here's our ****ing "system," here's our piss hydration contest monitor assistant head coach, you have to log in every time you have sex so I know how much calories you've burned in between hours 7-8 PM, BECAUSE that is your peak recovery hour... b.s. so on and so forth.  So, they have a little bit of that corny "machine" Ivan Drago nonsense going on, because they "seem" so cutting edge and all that.  Even more than in the andy reid era would I love to beat these guys.  These.... machines. 

Chip the Dip Kelly

20 Cent

Cary the mouth Williams

Jason Manson Kelce

Gyro Captain Foles

I'd like to watch the Eagles play tonight against a more formidable opponent before I cast this week's vote.

I do think the Skins are confident bunch right now, perhaps we can go into Philly and get a win.  We somehow did that with McFlabb :shrug:

I'll be back with my prediction.

Archived