Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Washington Redskins hope Griffin will miss only 4-5 weeks

Smurf85

I thought this deserved its own thread. Its a pretty big injury and I just saw the update. Lets hope its 5 weeks, but with his luck it will probably be the year. 

Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III dislocated his ankle on Sunday against the Jaguars.  On Monday, more will be known about how much time he’ll miss.

Per a league source, an MRI will be conducted tomorrow.  The current hope is that Griffin will miss only four or five weeks.

The team and the player will know more tomorrow.  Once we know what they know, you’ll know.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/14/washington-hopes-griffin-will-miss-only-4-5-weeks/

I cannot believe that he will be able to play in 5 weeks. I am assuming that they are giving this timeframe assuming that there is no broken bone and no ligament damage which is a best case scenario. However, they have no idea since they have not done an MRI yet. Also I believe that they are posting that because if it is possible for RGIII to play again this season that creates controversy which generates topics which generates clicks for PFT.

I cannot believe that he will be able to play in 5 weeks. I am assuming that they are giving this timeframe assuming that there is no broken bone and no ligament damage which is a best case scenario. However, they have no idea since they have not done an MRI yet. Also I believe that they are posting that because if it is possible for RGIII to play again this season that creates controversy which generates topics which generates clicks for PTF.

I agree, one would assume 6-8 weeks at best case, and since this is PFT, creating controversy is what they do.

I agree, one would assume 6-8 weeks at best case, and since this is PFT, creating controversy is what they do.

8 weeks would be our BYE week, so if its 8 weeks then i could see him coming back for the home game against the bucs. but i agree with most here, will have to wait until tomorrow to find out, cause 4-5 weeks does seem way too optimistic after how bad the injury looked.

I "hope" he will be back next week. That doesn't make it likely, or even true.

I feel so bad for the guy. He is such a stand up guy and I really wanted him to become the franchise QB we've all hoped for. I am not hopeful this time around like I was with the knee.

Hopefully Cousins is, at the very least, a capable steward of the team until Griffin comes back. At the most, I hope he proves that he can be the franchise QB we've all hoped for. I want to see Cousins succeed in Griffin's stead.

If this is only an ankle dislocation 4-6 weeks sounds right. Anything else, he'll need surgery and will be out for the year. My understanding of this injury is that it being just a dislocation is highly unlikely. Additionally, I hear it is incredibly painful which would explain RG3's reaction.

One more thought. It looked like RG3 did a great job getting off it immediately to avoid more damage while he was flying through the air. He may have avoided a break or a tear on that strength. Fingers crossed.

If that is the case, just split the season in half. Let Cousins play to week 9 or 10 and give Robert extra time to heal. See how he does for the remaining 7-8 and let that decide what 2015 looks like.

As long as our running game and defense continues to play well, we can win with either of them.

I agree and I hope there is no rush, because Kirk is doing a good job.

Whether Kirk continues to do a good job or not, they should not rush Griffin back. Rushing back was part of the reason why last season was such a disaster. No rushing this time, if he needs to sit out the season to get it right then so be it.

If this is only an ankle dislocation 4-6 weeks sounds right. Anything else, he'll need surgery and will be out for the year. My understanding of this injury is that it being just a dislocation is highly unlikely. Additionally, I hear it is incredibly painful which would explain RG3's reaction.

One more thought. It looked like RG3 did a great job getting off it immediately to avoid more damage while he was flying through the air. He may have avoided a break or a tear on that strength. Fingers crossed.

That's a great point about him getting off of his leg immediately. Lets hope that saved him from losing him for the season. 

Whether Kirk continues to do a good job or not, they should not rush Griffin back. Rushing back was part of the reason why last season was such a disaster. No rushing this time, if he needs to sit out the season to get it right then so be it.

I agree

I'm just saying I hope Cousins plays good while Griffin is out. 

Even though I still see Griffin as the future of this team, I don't want him rushed back. Let Kirk have his time and don't try to make Griffin into the hero again.

Dislocation for any athlete you are thinking 4-6 weeks, especially an ankle. That is minimum.

This also has to assume NO ligament damage and no surgery required.

If it ONLY is a dislocation and there is no ligament damage, this could happen.

But the way Gruden sounded, this season is done for RG3

Yeah, I'd be shocked if he were back in 4-6 weeks, if this is in fact an ankle dislocation.  Even if he has no ligament damage, and no fractures, then 4-6 is still too optimistic for me.  That would be the earliest he could really begin running on it.  Imagining that he'd be ready to play on it by then is risky IMO.

I hope he lets it rest instead of hurrying back before he's ready.

Archived