Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

.myfoxhouston.com;Vikings star RB Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

SWFLSkins

.myfoxhouston.com

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/26520182/vikings-star-rb-adrian-peterson-indicted-in-child-injury-case#.VBNdfwF9NF0.twitter

HOUSTON (FOX 26) -Sources told FOX 26 Sportsicon1.pngMinnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson's Houston attorney, Rusty Hardin, declined comment when contacted by FOX 26 Sports.

1. The investigation has been going on for some time with Adrian Peterson, source says. He testified for a grand jury weeks ago.

Arrest of Adrian Peterson (reported by @MarkBermanFox26) stems from the disciplining of a son with a switch, source says. He’s been indicted

And after the Adrian Peterson report from @MarkBermanFox26, that's almost a wrap on what has to be most embarrassing week in NFL history.

Good for my Mother, She's dead, she used a wooden spoon on me and my brother, even broke it off on my ass once. A switch? I don't even know what to say about this, I guess if he hurt him like big time, but otherwise, what? 

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

UPDATE- TMZ: “Child Protective Services confirms they're working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy” http://shar.es/11SYsN 

child abuse is never good - however, 'spankings' have been around for ages.  I always got the good ole ping pong paddle.

Well, I wonder if this was a relative of his, an 11 year old? 

What I will say is that while many of us were spanked back in the day, the same sort of person who is pushing for a team name change is also the same sort (usually) who want to ban a parent's ability to discipline a child. Non-stop beatings don't help, obviously, and that would consitute abuse, but a threat of "don't get your mother mad" has to mean something other than words.  Now, the issue comes in, did he have permission to do this if it was not his kid?  

Did the "switch" cut the kid or leave a welt worse than a belt or spoon? I don't know.  I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear more.

Sickened by the initial police documents in the Adrian Peterson child abuse case: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/ 

I can do a hell of a lot more damage with a switch than a wooden spoon.

I can tell you this, the sight of a wooden spoon to this day makes my butt clinch up and my mouth shut. Fear is a motivator. 

That said, the pics and details of this are abuse to me....When the 4-year-old boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor. The police report said the boy told the doctor Peterson had hit him with a branch from a tree.

The doctor told investigators that the boy had a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand.

The police report says the doctor described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it “child abuse.” Another examiner agreed, calling the cuts “extensive.

There are pics that are pretty bad for AP. What a week for the NFL.

They aren't great but there are literally millions of well-adjusted people who've been spanked with belts, switches or slapped in the mouth. What if the "switching" was punishment for the 11 year old beating up his sister or threatening his mom?

Then again, Adrian, while I applaud you being around in some capacity, maybe if you were married to one woman who had all of your children, your son would be better behaved.

You discipline a FOUR year old hard enough to leave visual marks?

I thought the article said 11 year old?

Then yes, a four year old should only be spanked on the bottom if necessary, not hit with a switch.

BTW, I don't approve of switches but it's not as if belts can't leave a mark.

Edit: Another BTW, Jason LaCanfora sounds like he needs his fainting couch, his corset is too tight.  Sounds weak as he looks.

You discipline a FOUR year old hard enough to leave visual marks?

Yeah I was trying not to pass judgement and thought maybe this was blown out of proportion, but I now feel sick to my stomach. As someone who has raised money for the Child Protection Team of SWFL in the Redskins name, really saddened by this. I think AP is now done, this is worse if possible then the Rice abuse case. 

Then yes, a four year old should only be spanked on the bottom if necessary, not hit with a switch.

BTW, I don't approve of switches but it's not as if belts can't leave a mark.

Edit: Another BTW, Jason LaCanfora sounds like he needs his fainting couch, his corset is too tight.  Sounds weak as he looks.

Usually a four year old gets a quick smack on the bottom to get their attention, this is disgusting even if it were an eleven year old. 

Yeah I was trying not to pass judgement and thought maybe this was blown out of proportion, but I now feel sick to my stomach. As someone who has raised money for the Child Protection Team of SWFL in the Redskins name, really saddened by this. I think AP is now done, this is worse if possible then the Rice abuse case. 

You may think it's worse, but see how it plays out.  Children don't really have an organized lobby of radicals who've moved the Overton window in their favor, but women do.  The outrage will be muted, at least in relation to Ray Rice.  

Sorry, fellas, either the affiliate edited an erroneous number for the age just now or the pain killers are muddling my senses (I hurt my back but it should be temporary.)  

Yeah, there's no excuse for that level of marking from a spanking on a four year old.  I think many children of that age (even really well behaved ones like I was) can sometimes deserve an open hand on the bottom and I could even see a wooden spoon but there's no cause for a switch at four years old.  

Peterson may be re-enacting things that happened to him, so I do think it's different than Ray Rice, especially because there are actual generational and cultural differences regarding spanking/discipline than, say, beating your wife or husband up (who am I kidding, no one cares if a husband gets his genitalia cut off or beaten with a weapon?!

You may think it's worse, but see how it plays out.  Children don't really have an organized lobby of radicals who've moved the Overton window in their favor, but women do.  The outrage will be muted, at least in relation to Ray Rice.  

Don't wager while you are on pain killers. 

In other news, Roger Goodell just poured himself another drink.

I'm tweeting this. 

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

It should be understood that the photographs that some have published & I have possession of were taken at least a week after incident.

I don't think whether or not a child can still be "well-adjusted" later in life plays any role in the legality of the actions.

But legality isn't the same thing as morality. My point was not about what Peterson may face but the reaction.  Keep in mind though, I initially thought his son was 11, not 4.  At this stage, even the laws on spanking are not so clear, as I'm aware and Peterson will have a slightly stronger defense re: cultural/generational lines than Ray Rice.  Contrary to popular belief, beating women was not really celebrated or condoned.  Spanking a kid, though?  Every generation before the 60s engaged in that.

Refresh my memory, wasn't AP involved in some situation with a kid a few years ago? I can't remember.

That was like last year, some dude who either thought the kid was his and got angry or simply lost his temper, killed Adrian Peterson's biological son.  But he had just found out the kid existed so had no real attachment to him.

If this account is correct, and in fact backed up by recordings of the police interview, he should be banned for life http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/ 

WTF NFL? Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer  34s

Peterson originally testified Aug 21 in front of grand jury. On Sept 4 they decided not to indict. Now, a week later they decide to indict.

Archived