Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fansomnia 9.0

No_Pressure

I just realized I've been on this forum for 9 years. That's kind of depressing. Anyway, formerly under the user name of The-Rock (Rock Cartwright was a special teams god, and no I don't watch rasslin') I posted a thread in 2005 which was frequented by a poster from West Virginia (I think it was honorary_hog) who was always working the night shift.

I'm almost always up late prior to a game, and for the 2005 season I kept up the Fansomnia/Insomniac thread each week along with h_h.

Following that season, honorary hog took off with the thread and others held the reins. Each season I would come on the night before a game just to make sure some of the insomniacs had their thread going.

I was surprised tonight to find that nobody had posted one. I don't know if anyone ever remembers this is a proud ES tradition.

Anyway, whoever you guys are, wherever you are, this is the thread to be from now until dawn. What's everyone up to? Offer up some score predictions, tell us about your terrible job, express your fears and hopes for the season, maybe even hire a hooker. Who knows? Anything is possible. Okay not really anything, but chances are like usual the mods are off sleeping in their race car beds by now.

Let's make some ****tails and run this place for a few hours. Cheers. (This is the point 9 years ago where I would have posted the emoticon with two guys clinking beer glasses together. I still miss the old smileys, damn it)

My anti-virus software does not like the name Fansomnia 9.0 but I opened up the firewalls to congratulate you on your contributions good sir.  Happy 9th!  See...I just got a bunch of penis enlargement spam email.  Oh well...I'm here.  What do you want to talk about?   :P

I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight not b/c I'm a freak or care that much (don't get me wrong I love our team) but I just get amped up early in the year and can't sleep much the night before games.  This usually goes on for about 4 or 5 weeks in.  

I was about to say, if we're 0-4 this thread will not be tended to by me. I honestly couldn't tell you if this was even being made last year. I was not awake at midnight eagerly awaiting week 2, I can tell you that much.

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue my evening of drinking and re-reading Sin City books, or if I'm going to play some Counter-Strike. It's 12:40 and the night is young...

Well, I just washed my face (like I suppose an old lady might), brushed my teeth (what's left of them after years of methamphetamine use <---joke just in case :lol: ), snuck out of my bedroom and into my daughter's room (don't worry, nothing creepy...she's sleeping in my bed with my wife), and now I'm here.  I could play chess but I'm too drunk, so I may just watch game rewind Redskins 2013 games and punch myself in the nuts repeatedly????

What would be the use of punching yourself in the nuts twice? You would already be doing that just by turning on the rewind...

Now what you could do is down a bunch of pills, then watch the games and hope that you projectile vomit quickly enough to save your life. Its sort of like Redskins flatliners, only not.

I was about to say, if we're 0-4 this thread will not be tended to by me. I honestly couldn't tell you if this was even being made last year. I was not awake at midnight eagerly awaiting week 2, I can tell you that much.

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue my evening of drinking and re-reading Sin City books, or if I'm going to play some Counter-Strike. It's 12:40 and the night is young...

I thought this was still going strong, just made every week?

And happy 9th. :)

What's up everyone. I can't sleep man. NFL Week 1 always keeps me up all night. There's so much optimism. Honestly, nobody knows what kind of team we are going to be. It can be like 2012 and we shock the world in the Superdome or 2013 when we laid an egg on national tv against the eagles

Back from night out. Excited for tomorrow. Can't believe football season is here. 

I predict Redskins offense looks decent, but not great due to Houston D causing pressure. Redskins O has some good flashes, enough to put good points on the board. Redskins defense puts a ton of pressure on Fitzpatrick and ultimately Houston falls short because of it.

Redskins 20, Houston 14

Wassup.  Otis the vampire here, and since I didn't see anything good on Maryland's (ridiculous) performance Saturday, I popped in to see what's shakin.

Whew still riding an amazing high from the VT game...can't sleep and just counting the hours until 1pm. We're gonna put it on them...

HTTR!

Yeah, that was one helluva Win!  I could care less about OSU, but really can't stand Urban Meyer.

Back form a night out myself.... deliberately staying up extra late so I can sleep in lol

Ideally, I wake up late enough to just have a few errands to take care before I meet the fellas at our sports bar.

I couldn't be more siked for this game, but I'm cautiously optimistic. With solid QB play this is a playoff team, If we see '13 QB play.... im gonna be in no condition to drive home lol/

No insomnia here. Slept like a baby.

Probably because I'm not expecting much results wise this year (6/ 7 wins. Which would be good progress for me all things considered in year one), the nervous excitement isn't there. Still happy the season has come around and Sundays are less boring again. But I can't say I'm bursting with excitement for 1 PM. 

Too hard to call this one. Two average teams with potentially dominant D's and some stud O players that could make a difference. I seriously fear what Clowney, Watt and co will do our clown O-line. 

I'll take the home team if pushed. But I honestly don't know what to expect from todays game. 

Which just adds to my relaxed state. 

Hail. 

Archived