Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ian Rappaport: DT Josh Brent is suspended 10 games

SWFLSkins

#Cowboys DT Josh Brent is suspended 10 games. Eligible to visit the facility after Week 6. Week 9, he can practice.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cowboys-dt-josh-brent-reinstated-by-nfl-suspended-10-games-090214

Former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent is being allowed to return to the NFL, though he won't play right away.

The NFL on Tuesday outlined a series of conditions Brent must meet to be eligible to play when the Cowboys return from their bye week in November. Brent retired last year and was sentenced to 180 days in jail after a trial earlier this year. A 10-year prison sentence was suspended.

The NFL says Brent will be suspended for the first 10 games of the season for his intoxication manslaughter conviction in the 2012 death of teammate Jerry Brown. Brent also can't be involved in team activities for the first six weeks and must avoid any ''adverse involvement with law enforcement.''

Wow...10-year prison sentence & he serves 180 days. He misses all of 2013 because of the trial & jail sentence. And he gets a 10 game suspension in 2014? Is it me, or is this way too freaking light? 

Donte Stallworth had a 1 year NFL suspension for similar incident: DUI Manslaughter. 

Why is this only 10 games? 

I hate Commissioner Gordon. 

Wow...10-year prison sentence & he serves 180 days. He misses all of 2013 because of the trial & jail sentence. And he gets a 10 game suspension in 2014? Is it me, or is this way too freaking light? 

Donte Stallworth had a 1 year NFL suspension for similar incident: DUI Manslaughter. 

Why is this only 10 games? 

I hate Commissioner Gordon. 

Donte only got 30 days in jail (if I remember correctly, the deceased was considered to be as much at fault (or more) than Donte)).

If I were the douchebag commish, I would have suspended him for a year, at minimum.  You can't go around killing people (even if on accident and if they are your friend) and get off with, essentially, a 1.5 year ban.  It just sends the wrong message.

By the same token, you can't have a collectively bargained deal whereby an owner can drive around under the influence (while thankfully not killing someone) and only give them 6 games.  

Going back to Brent...he should have gotten more for being caught with dope so soon after the DUI.  How ****ing stupid do you have to be.

Assholes.  All of them. 

With all that the Cowboys are dealing with in this venue, I honestly doubt even Jerry resigns him until next year at the least. Of course I could be wrong on that, lol. 

Depends on where Dallas is at. If we are 1-8, he won't be re-signed. But if we are 6-3, 5-4, 4-5, I could see him being brought back.

- Spencer, considering that hr wasnt placed on PUP should return the first quarter or the season

-Lawerence should be available by week 8

- Brent becomes available week 10

The defense should improve some when Melton and McClain return to the lineup. However we will still be weak on the edges and both of them haven't taken a game snap yet. However once we have all three of these players back, we should have a very good edge rotation with Spencer, Selvie, Lawrence and Mincey and a very good group inside

Archived