Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Silas Redd: 'The Grind Never Stops Now That I Made It'

So here are my takes on the two topics:

Ā 

1. Las Vegas is basically calling it even. The home typically gets 3 its just for being at home. From a betting standpoint, there are a lot of questions. Both teams are an enigma. OK, Houston was awful last year. But they were a high quality PO team several years before. They have weapons and a great D, esp their line. They will be better than people think. Of course we were awful last year. But we won the Div the year before and seemed to figure some things out. RGIII got injured and it all changed. D and STs were so bad last year that the entire focus this off-season had to be making those better. We did that in a big way. This game is a coin toss depending 100% on one RGIII. If he is 2012, we win this game by 28 or more. If he last year, it will be something like 12-9 with the winner kicking a last second FG.Ā 

Ā 

2. Cousins to the Rams. That Rob dude is a one big douche. But he may be right here. I would not be surprised if the Rams called. But I also would not be surprised if we said, hey you want him, you will pay up. Might be a little payback for 3 1st's and a 2nd for their 1st to get Robert. Both teams are willing to see how it goes this coming weekend. If RGIII plays like crap, Cousins goes no where. If RGIII plays at least reasonably well, Cousins may become more available. More importantly, how does Shuan Hill do? if he lays a big egg, Fisher will do what he has to to get Cousins if that's his guy.Ā 

Ā 

Just my take. Anyone else?Ā 

What's Kirk worth to anyone. Today. Right now - with rosters set and no unknown injuries.

Ā 

About a conditional 5th at best. This is the same guy that everyone out there saw under the lights in 2013. 50% completion ratio. 58 QB rating. Rated the lowest passer in the NFL with 100+ attempts.Ā 

Ā 

Oh the players around him weren't good enough. Baloney, they weren't bad enough for those numbers. None of those other 31 teams are going to care about all of that whining anyway.Ā 

Ā 

But he looked good in preseason. Nobody cares. What they care about is that you don't stink in preseason.

Ā 

What's he worth when someone goes down and their back is against the wall and they have to make the hard choice? Obviously if it is in Washington he is already here. But if it is elsewhere that's when he has some value other than as a backup here. I wouldn't even be returning phone calls to the Rams (if there are any) until after seeing how the season starts.

The Cousins conversation is the same as it was several months ago.

Ā 

We could get a 3rd for him but he is worth more to us than that. Having said that, if someone like the Rams call and they are willing to give us a #1, I jump on it. I am not saying Cousins is worth that. I am saying I would take it if they offered.

Based on his performance, there's no way Seastrunk deserved to be cut. I don't care if he can't block well, you don't just cut that kind of difference-maker. Then, to not even try to sign him to the practice squad... Gruden also said something in his conference about how the Skins may come back for him down the road. For me it's cut and dry, it has to be an attitude/locker room issue, something that Lache needs to straighten out.

On based on performance I agree a 100% with ctskin about Seastunk.

My reason may be a little different - to me football is a true motivational sport in which you out perform when you are up and underperform when you are down; and there is nothing like a long gainer to get the fans and players into the game and demoralize the opponent.

As a minimum I would have put him on the practice squad way in front of Thompson. But then I am not the coach and have no idea what went into the decision, just a 100% my preference and opinion thing.

TheyAreBack- We are definitely part of the majority of the Redskin fanbase who disapprove of parting ways with Seastrunk... He has a spark that no other back does; it's not possible for this to be something the fans see and the coaches miss. This is why I'm convinced this cut was non-performance related- could be attitude, could be a drug test, but it has to be something for all 32 teams to pass him up.

On based on performance I agree a 100% with ctskin about Seastunk.

My reason many be a little different - to me football is a true motivational sport in which you out perform when you are up and underperform when you are down; and there is nothing like a long gainer to get the fans and players into the game and demoralize the opponent.

As a minimum I would have put him on the practice squad way in front of Thompson. But then I am not the coach and have no idea what went into the decision, just a 100% my preference and opinion thing.

Ā 

Ā 

First, ran out of likes as I think you expressed yourself well, probably better than most in terms of keeping Seastrunk.

Ā 

Having said that, there are several things I wold like to point out:

1. The coaches see a lot more than the few plays in preseason games. There are OTAs, practices, etc. So while we may see one thing in preseason games (typically a sexy play like the 80 yd screen play), they see an entire body of work.

Ā 

2. All team have a group of scouts that do nothing but track the progress of other teams players that may make waivers. they score and grade those guys in terms of ability, position need, and overall chance to contribute. All 31 other teams could have signed him their practice squad. Don;t you think it odd that no one, not a single other team, not even a Jacksonville, or Giants who are desperate for RBs, Oakland who needs skill at any position, even Bill Belicheat who will kick the tires on anyone that he thinks can provide one play since they have a system, none of those teams even sniffed at Seastrunk. Sorry, but to me that is the biggest red flag there is.

Ā 

3. Past years we would stick with a draft choice until the bitter end not wanting to admit maybe the guy doesn't fit our system. To me, this move sends a signal to the team and the fans, I don;t care how you got here, once you are here, you need to be better than at least 52 other players. If you are not, then you will be gone. Go back and look at the moves made by Joe Gibbs. That guy was ruthless. He sent Stan Humphries packing because he could not keep his mouth shut. Talk about a wasted pick.

Ā 

4. My last comment is very simple - Colt Brennan - Enough said.

Ā 

I know we as fans think we know what's going on and it seems obvious to us. But we only see a fraction ofĀ  the real thing. The coaches see everything and are paid to make the right decisions. It's a fans right and past time to second guess I guess. But for every time the fans are right and the coaches are wrong, the coaches are right about 1000 times. I think I like those oddsĀ  :-)

Ā 

HTTR!!Ā  let's beat the hell out of Houston!!Ā  Put this other crap to rest!Ā 

TheyAreBack- We are definitely part of the majority of the Redskin fanbase who disapprove of parting ways with Seastrunk... He has a spark that no other back does; it's not possible for this to be something the fans see and the coaches miss. This is why I'm convinced this cut was non-performance related- could be attitude, could be a drug test, but it has to be something for all 32 teams to pass him up.

Ā 

Ā 

You hit it on 32 other teams passed him up. Also you realize that "spark" was against 2nds and 3rd, sometimes 4ths. My guess is that in practice when he was given a chance to play against 1s, he did nothing.

Ā 

As far as you guys being in the majority - All I will say is Colt Brennan. Ā (This was meant to be a joke just in case it didn't come off that way. Ā  :-)

Like most of us, I was surprised not to see Seastrunk on the practice squad but my take on the QB trade talk is TRADE Colt, not Cousins! Maybe Jeff Fisher has a soft spot for a guy that kinda looked like Mike Sam's boyfriend??

Yeah, I know that was mean but I"m pretty sick if having to have that crap jammed down our collective throats when most of us would have rather seen what Clowney did in camp.....they gave him NO coverage and HE was the #1 pick, Sam didn't even make the cut!!!

Erad

@erad - DuringĀ the pre-season Cousins and McCoyĀ both did wellĀ in a Gruden style offense; one would be hard pressed to give a significantĀ unbiased advantage to either. Based on what I have heard no one will probably get traded, however;Ā because of age if a trade is done it will be Cousins. Since it is given by the coach that RG3 isĀ goingĀ toĀ start; we are not discussing a starter butĀ compensation if an unexpectedĀ trade occurs.

Ā 

@go, agree a 100% with your logic. onlyĀ leaning to excitement for reserves when it is present, and Seastrunk has it.

Archived