Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 NFC East Thread

John S

ON PAPER, this looks to be the Eagles division to lose - but they don't play the games in paper.

As far as Sunday's games are concerned

Jaguars @ Eagles - If the Eagles want to be serious playoff contenders, they MUST win this game.

49'ers @ Cowboys - If the Cowboys defense is as bad as the "experts" are saying, then this should be an easy win for the Niners.

Giants @ Lions - Both teams finished at 7-9 last year. Supposedly, the Giants offense is going to be bad, I guess we will find out.

Redskins @ Texans - Have the Redskins improved? Has RGIII returned to his rookie form?

Redskins fans - What is your impression of Desean Jackson so far?

If he doesn't get the ball often enough, he will pout.

Eagles are the only double digit favorite in the entire NFL for week 1. Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys are all underdogs. Eagles win easily. Cowboys go down 10+. Giants and Redskins both play close games for toss-ups. 

Ig you are anything like the dozen of other Eagle trolls you will be here every week you win and magically disappear every week you lose. 

Redskins fans - What is your impression of Desean Jackson so far?

If he doesn't get the ball often enough, he will pout.

I for one am not only excited about the pick, I think your boy up there in Philly might've outsmarted himself.

Say Jackson puts up quality numbers down here & Foles struggles without his deep threat....what will YOU guys up there feel about the trade then?

We all have to wait until the teams start playing the ballgames to know who got the better of whom regarding the trade.  But so far, so good.

----------------

Oh, and as far as Sunday goes, I got us Winning the ballgame.  Sure it'll be interesting.  But Houston releasing Keenan & trading for Mallet (whom the Patriots were desperate eager to get rid of) speaks volumes.  If that's how confident they are about their QB situation heading into Week 1, then I think we'll be okay.

49'ers @ Cowboys - If the Cowboys defense is as bad as the "experts" are saying, then this should be an easy win for the Niners.

I am obviously not as much of an expert as those that call themselves 'experts', but from what I have seen of this defense in the preseason, we are going to be historically bad on that side of the ball.  We may not end up having the worst record in the NFCE at the end of the year, but I know we won't have the best (barring 3 season-ending QB injuries to other teams). 

Good luck, this season, NFCE foes.

Duckus - Do the Giants have an offense? Can they stop Calvin Johnson?

I guess that the Eagles better not lose then - LOL.

DO - The radio talk shows talked about nothing else when Jackson was let go for quite awhile. Some of those questions will be answered starting on Sunday. Look for a heavy dose of McCoy and Sproles, along with the tight ends, Celek and Ertz.

RS - Those "experts" have been saying that the Dallas defense is going to be historically bad.

Will the Boys beat the Niners?

I for one am not only excited about the pick, I think your boy up there in Philly might've outsmarted himself.

Say Jackson puts up quality numbers down here & Foles struggles without his deep threat....what will YOU guys up there feel about the trade then?

We all have to wait until the teams start playing the ballgames to know who got the better of whom regarding the trade.  But so far, so good.

----------------

Oh, and as far as Sunday goes, I got us Winning the ballgame.  Sure it'll be interesting.  But Houston releasing Keenan & trading for Mallet (whom the Patriots were desperate eager to get rid of) speaks volumes.  If that's how confident they are about their QB situation heading into Week 1, then I think we'll be okay.

trade? the eagles didnt trade jackson to us. they cut him and then we signed him.

also, as far as sundays games go, i predict dallas loses to the 49ers. the eagles will probably beat the jaguars. our game could go ether way, but i think we win. the giants could beat the lions, cause the lions are tough to figure out. 2 seasons ago they made the playoffs, then last season they were horrible. i think after week 1, the standings will be:

Redskins: 1-0

Giants: 1-0

Eagles: 1-0

Cowboys: 0-1.

trade? the eagles didnt trade jackson to us. they cut him and then we signed him.

also, as far as sundays games go, i predict dallas loses to the 49ers. the eagles will probably beat the jaguars. our game could go ether way, but i think we win. the giants could beat the lions, cause the lions are tough to figure out. 2 seasons ago they made the playoffs, then last season they were horrible. i think after week 1, the standings will be:

Redskins: 1-0

Giants: 1-0

Eagles: 1-0

Cowboys: 0-1.

Sorry.  I meant 'acquisition'.  My point is that it was a questionable move by them.  Time will tell, but they may very much regret seeing Jackson catching Touchdowns in DC.

i agree, i believe philly will realize what a bad idea it was to get rid of Jackson :)

Yes.  And to be fair, I saw quite a few Eagle fans scratching their heads over that one.  The reasonable fans I talked to (or read comments of online) admitted the move was puzzling.  But like any reasonable fans, were willing to give the college guy the benefit of the doubt.

RS - Those "experts" have been saying that the Dallas defense is going to be historically bad.

Will the Boys beat the Niners?

I don't see how unless more of them get arrested.  But...at the rate they are going, their defense may just have enough slack to let us drop 30+ on them.

I can only hop that Kaepernick takes us for granted.

Eagles 9-7

Giants 7-9

Cowboys 7-9

Redskins 6-10

NFC Least

I don't see anything wrong with this.  Seems fair.  May swap the Skins/Boys.

Cowboys win automatic 7 games because of the potent offense.  Giants look absolutely terrible as in #32 ranked offense terrible.  We are not looking good at all either but I think we can stay in games.

Eagles 9-7

Cowboys 9-7

Redskins 7-9

Giants 4-12

Season record predictions:

Eagles 11-5

Redskins 8-8

Cowboys 8-8

Giants 6-10

As far as Week 1 goes...

Eagles win over the Jags, but it won't be super easy. Jags look improved this pre season. I think they'll keep it close for about a half, making the Philly residents nervous, before pulling away in the 2nd half. Eagles 31 Jaguars 20.

Lions win over the Giants. Giants offense looks awful in pre season and I generally believe if a starting unit looks bad in the pre season, it does carry over to the regular season. Lions will play more composed under their new head coach. Lions 27 Giants 17.

My upset special, Cowboys over 49ers. The 9ers are going to decline this year. They will be without both Bowman and Smith and the Cowboys offense can score points. Their D sucks but the 9ers offense doesn't look like it's going to be very good. Cowboys 21 49ers 17.

Redskins over Texans. Close, low scoring affair. Clowney/Watt will wreck our offense but I don't see the Texans offense doing much either against what looks like an improved Redskins D. Redskins 17 Texans 14.

Birds have quality Oline, quality RB and no reason to think Foles won't at least produce this season.  Their defense is about the same as last year and I see no reason why they can't make the playoffs again.  I just don't see them progressing in the playoffs.

Giants will compete for last place.

Pukes will be about the same, just like every other year.  Their offense will score some points which will win some games.  Their defense will lose some games when their offense isn't perfect.  Romo will be the same Romo we always see.  They will fight for the second or third place finish above the G men.

I am upbeat about the skins, but I am tired of predicting success only to see it crushed.

On a side note, I think the 49's will make the playoffs, but will struggle this year relatively, and not compete for the SB.

Here are Pete Prisc(k)o's game-by-game predictions for the NFC East:

Week 1:

Eagles 28, Jaguars 2

Redskins 36, Texans 31

49ers 34, Cowboys 28

Lions 31, Giants 28

Week 2:

Redskins 19, Jaguars 9

Titans 38, Cowboys 20

Cardinals 24, Giants 23

Colts 33, Eagles 30

Week 3: