Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Football Season - Breaking the Book!

sjinhan

Hey guys, I am getting back into the fun (wagering on games) this year and I want to start a thread to talk about our "plays"... wins and losses...

I remember being part of this type of thread about 3-4 years ago and it was a blast...

Anyways I am waiting for the lines to post for NFL Week 1 to post so I will be posting some of my crazy parlays here in few days...

Link for lines... 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/lines

Break the book is back... Nice.

I had him against the ropes last year after 17 weeks of reg season and 2 weeks of playoffs.

0-3 in championships and lost it all and than some.

Lets get em!!!!

I think it's a coin flip Thursday night. I hate Seattle so I'll prolly go GB. Even though I doubt GBs Def and now Raji out. Over might be my play B/C I think Sea will move ball and GB will produce in loss

Kosher- I just think home dogs are hard to bet against in NFL... ATL I would be wary

with the Houston Texans being 2.5 point favorites...  I am tempted to take the Redskins straight up at +125 odds... Although I am aways very cautious on better Redskins games because of my homer glasses...

BTW I hate that Bovada takes forever to post their lines... 

Arizona State vs New Mexico

A few things to consider:

NM is at home getting over 3 tds

NM runs the triple option

ASU is returning only 2 starters on defense

ASU 0-4 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games.

I could see this being a closer game than many people think.  Sometimes ASU just lays eggs on the road and squeaks out wins.  Especially in non-conference games.  ASU has too many young players on defense that are still learning Todd Graham's system.  If this game was later in the year and played @ ASU I would think differently about this matchup but due to the fact that it's early in the year, and on the road, i think ASU will struggle a little bit and New Mexico will play really hard in front of their home crowd.

ASU wins 38-24.

Well here are my picks.. and I am doing like the worst thing you could possible do... but heck its week 1 and I want to kick off my season with my homer glasses on...

Starting Bankroll: $240  (my season ends either with the Super Bowl or with my bankroll)

I also enjoy parlays alot because its just fun...

4 team parlay - Risk $10 to win $115.24

Seahawks -6 (-105)

Redskins +3 (-125)

Patriots -5 (-105)

Lions -5 (-105)

3 Team Parlay - Risk $25 to win $150

Redskins +3 (EVEN)

Chiefs -3 (-120)

Bears -78 (-105)

2 Team Parly - Risk $50 to win $198.18

Redskins MoneyLine (+160)

Bears -7 (-105)

is bovado legal?

you can google the info for your state...  I know they reorganized when Bodog was getting shut down from accepting payments and this is when I stopped betting few years ago.  Now with this new name Bovado, they are accepting payments from US players now (minus few states) so I figured something must have changed as Bovado is a pretty well known sites and their lines are cited on both Yahoo and ESPN.

Week 1: 3-1 (+10.75u)

4u ATL +3 (-110) = +3.6u

3u PHI -11 (105) = +3.15u

2u BUF ML (250) = +5u

1u WAS +3 (105) = -1u

Other than the Redskins being terrible...it would have been a great week. I'm staying away from them for the mentionable future.

Lean IND, DET, SD off the record.

man what a terrible start... I managed to get every pick wrong except the Seahawks... not good when you are parlaying the picks...

All well there is always next week but if this pace continues then I will be saying "There is always next year..." in the very near future.

NE- L

KC- L

SFO- W

DEN (bought down to -6.5) -W

CHI/DEN Tease- L (This one hurt because it was swing game and I had Chi in survivor, ugggh)

Like Detroit tonite, not alot because you can't depend on Stafford. I really like SD, but the $ seems to be going on Zona. Call me coo-coo, but I think SD should be fav. I may take them on money line

FWIW- I buy points alot and last year paid off major dividends for the cost involved. Takes you from a L to a W.

I'll try to post earlier next time, yesterday was hectic. I'll be off college until Oct/Nov

I do a lot of teasers. This week I had:

PSU and South Carolina - won

Packers/Skins - Lost

Pats/Bears - Lost

Lucky I had a MLB parlay (O's/Angels) Thursday night that paid big so my week waste a complete loss. Took home $50

Archived