Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

August 30, 2014

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have waived the following players:

K Zach Hocker

OL Maurice Hurt

CB Chase Minnifield

RB Evan Royster

RB Lache Seastrunk

S Phillip Thomas

RB Chris Thompson

WR Nick Williams

The team released the following player:

LB Everette Brown

The team placed the following players on the Reserve/Injured list:

NT Chris Neild

LB Darryl Sharpton

The team placed the following players on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

DE Stephen Bowen

WR Leonard Hankerson

Would like to see Lache, Williams, Thomas, Minniefield on the practice squad. Wouldnt hurt to have Crawford and CT on there too but depends on what else is out there. Although, Might be time to part ways with Minniefield has had a few seasons to crack the roster and hasnt been able to.

Would like to see Lache, Williams, Thomas, Minniefield on the practice squad. Wouldnt hurt to have Crawford and CT on there too but depends on what else is out there. Although, Might be time to part ways with Minniefield has had a few seasons to crack the roster and hasnt been able to.

Is like to see them go grab some inexperienced, physically talented OL and DL, maybe not even with us during TC for the PS.

The only player I really hope they get to the PS is LS. Otherwise, I'm kindof ambivalent.

Has there been any news on P. Thomas' foot?  I am thinking that it may not be season ending.  If it was, he would have gone to IR.  Since they didn't IR him and there seems to be no news, I am hoping they are trying to get him onto the PS.  At that point, as he gets better, he can be moved to the 53 if there is another (longer) suspension at the safety position. 

This logic only makes sense if his foot is mostly okay.  If he makes it to our PS, then we can see if they give us news on his foot.  To me, it seems they are keeping the news quiet.

It feels like the roster got better, I hope it shows on the field. I would like to see a safety picked up via cuts. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Who knows if Meriweather  will  make it to the end of the season and if Rambo will continue to play at the level he did in preseason.

I think Rambo is as likely or more likely to improve than regress.  Remember, in pro terms he is barely out of diapers.  If our coaches can coach/teach then the kid can continue to climb.  That's why I loved all the Coach Baker (Dline coach) reports.  He was really showing these guys how to be a better player.  Even all pros like Orakpo were learning techniques that they failed to be taught for years and it seemed to pay dividends in the preseason.

Archived