Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8/29: Redskins Make Roster Moves

Thompson and Seastrunk both released...damn! Sources say Seastrunk wasn't a natural zone run back.

We got-

Alfred Morris

Roy Helu

Darrell Young

Silas Redd

Evan Royster

Wow- everything I thought has now changed. Hmmm...Royster is still here.

Thompson and Seastrunk both released...damn! Sources say Seastrunk wasn't a natural zone run back.

We got-

Alfred Morris

Roy Helu

Darrell Young

Silas Redd

Evan Royster

And 5 minutes later I see Royster is gone.

We got-

Alfred Morris

Roy Helu

Darrell Young

Silas Redd

Evan Royster

And 5 minutes later I see Royster is gone.

Can you provide the link? I can't find the info. I admit I have not looked very hard. 

OK, I missed the RBs completely outside the obvious. I knew there would be surprises but I never saw this. I believe Seastrunk will make the PS unless he does not clear waivers. I believe under the new PS rules Thompson may make be able to put on but Royster is gone. 

I would not have been surprised by 2 or the 3 being released, but all 3? Esp. Seastrunk and Thompson? Have to admit this is a bit of a head scratcher. 

Gess I don't have a problem with Hocker being released. He was better on kickoffs with his strong leg but Forbath was a little steadier on pats and fgs. Due to increased talent on coverage from special teams Forbaths weak ass kickoffs can be somewhat nullified by specialteams busting up the return. Still not crazy about Forbath, his personality and fire is like a cold shower, couldn't even get up for the Redskins vs Cowboys rivalry. That's not a prerequisite for being a football player but I'm disappointed he didn't get replaced.

I do have a problem with Hocker being released. I am sorry but Forbaths' "weak ass" KOs are going to lose as many if not more games than a few missed FGs. I will say that at least in this case it's not bad or worse, it's good or better. 

Forbath did get better. I am very disappointed (not too surprised) in Phillip Thomas. I really believed he would make a long term contribution at S. But dude could not stay healthy. 

Hogs Haven cuts: Richard Crawford, CB - Tevita Stevens, C - Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, S - Ted Bolser, TE - Kevin Kowalski, C - Lee Doss, WR - Robert Malone, P - Chris Thompson, RB - Lache Seastrunk, RB - Evan Royster, RB - Phillip Thomas, SS - Chase Minnifield, CB - Everette Brown, OLB - Zach Hocker, K - Nick Williams, WR

I understand most cuts and given that I am not privy to special team considerations assume there was reasonable logic that made them occur. However, my one big problem is with the Seastrunk cut, he is a difference maker (game winner) and that covers by far any deficiency he made have had with blocking or anything else - as it has been said you cannot teach speed and he has it. I am very disappointed with that cut and would expect someone to pick him up; let's hope it is not the Cowboys, Eagles, of Giants and he comes back and bites us twice a year.

I haven't seen the latest on the kicker cuts.

I would give most of the comments a 'Like" except I have run out of them. @Man, since you don't run out of likes you must be favored, would you check with the site's staff and put in a word for me so I want run out after 3 or 4 likes?

Hogs Haven cuts: Richard Crawford, CB - Tevita Stevens, C - Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, S - Ted Bolser, TE - Kevin Kowalski, C - Lee Doss, WR - Robert Malone, P - Chris Thompson, RB - Lache Seastrunk, RB - Evan Royster, RB - Phillip Thomas, SS - Chase Minnifield, CB - Everette Brown, OLB - Zach Hocker, K - Nick Williams, WR

I understand most cuts and given that I am not privy to special team considerations assume there was reasonable logic that made them occur. However, my one big problem is with the Seastrunk cut, he is a difference maker (game winner) and that covers by far any deficiency he made have had with blocking or anything else - as it has been said you cannot teach speed and he has it. I am very disappointed with that cut and would expect someone to pick him up; let's hope it is not the Cowboys, Eagles, of Giants and he comes back and bites us twice a year.

I would give most of the comments a 'Like" except I have run out of them. @Man, since you don't run out of likes you must be favored, would you check with the site's staff and put in a word for me so I want run out after 3 or 4 likes?

I saw Rich Tandler's take on Seastrunk and I thought it was a good one. He was able to get the edges on the 2nds and 3rds but it would be more difficult against #1s. Also, he really needs some development in route running and pass blocking. In today's game you do better with the guys that can get you 4 to 6 yds most every time instead of HR hitters that also get stopped for losses more times than not. I  tend to agree with that assessment for the most part. But it sure was nice seeing a screen pass turn into a 80 TD!! lol 

Also, and IMO more importantly, I see him making it to our PS. We drafted him. He worked out in our TC. I doubt he will go to someone elses PS. So unless he gets picked up off waivers then put on a 53 man roster, he should make out PS.

You have Hocker listed above. We are keeping Forbath. The cut Malone last night so the kickers are P = Way - PK = Forbath. I would assume the LS is Sundberg.

@go - got you on Hocker,abd I think you are right about the kickoffs, but I can't give you a like until Man puts a word in for me.

I will still miss the Seastrunk 80 yard TDs and 25 yard runs when nothing present, I hope you are right about the PC.

I too have apparently run out of Likes. Someone will have to explain to me the reason behind limiting likes but I assume there must be a good reason.

Still a few more moves left. I am really interested to see how the PS ends up.

I think maybe because you run out is because you don't log off between viewing sessions. I used them up yesterday as an experiment, logged off the site but when I got back on the site my 'likes were restored. Try it and let me know. I'm probably the least computer savvy of all you dudes.

I think maybe because you run out is because you don't log off between viewing sessions. I used them up yesterday as an experiment, logged off the site but when I got back on the site my 'likes were restored. Try it and let me know. I'm probably the least computer savvy of all you dudes.

Just sent a message to the Moderator for explaination.

@Man - the logoff and logon didn't work, It probably keeps track in the cookie, and I didn't delete that.

He may have his browser set to remove cookies when he logs off. If so, that may make a difference. I am out of likes right now. I am going to try and remove all cookies. See if that makes a difference. 

That seems to have made a difference. If you clear cookies then it restarts the count. For man child, your browser may already set to remove cookies when you log out. I do not. 

OK, back to football. I think there are still a few moves to make. I am interested to see who they handle the safety position, especially with the pending suspension of BM. 

A couple of bits of dallast news - another dallast lineman is out on suspension. And in the best of best, Orton signed with the Bills.   I started a thread in Around the League about it. May want to check it out  -http://es.redskins.com/topic/381606-buffalo-bills-are-signing-qb-kyle-otron/

Archived