Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Akeem Davis Hopes His Time Is Now

I have been talking about him for several months. He is making this team and now the "experts" are running in with your notepads trying to figure out "why" and "who is this kid". Go watch some college film. I did. The other teams WHIFFED.....but He should have been drafted.

Seattle will kick themselves for letting Davis slip away....right after the MNF game with the Skins.

Every sentence Jay used referring to Akeem Davis also included 'Special Teams play'. Even when he talked about him being behind the game as a DB. 

Seattle already did kick themselves for letting him get away. Came down to numbers for them. They really wanted to keep him. He just might make Percy Harvin (KR) or Earl Thomas(PR) regret it more come that Monday night.

Well here is a "not so fast" for you: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-claim-ss-duke-ihenacho-174849172.html

Seems we have claimed Duke Ihenacho off waivers from Denver. We are of course #2 on  the waiver wire. To make room the team is releasing Akeem Davis and hope to put him on the practice squad. My understanding is Denver had to let this Duke kid due to a nuimbers game. They liked but are deep there.

He started 14 of 16 games and is a STs standout (a common theme amongst many of our newer Washington Redskins). We may see the biggest change on this team in STs. There certainly has been a commitment made there.

Thanx GoSkins!

Obviously an upgrade over Davis.

Talent level is rising at Safety. OK, not skyrocketing but rising. Enough to pass on Meriweathers return? Is that the direction they are aiming/hoping for?

They are still at 5; Clark, Meriweather, Rambo, Robinson plus the Duke. One would think that either Rambo or Robinson would be the odd man out for week 3. But while Thomas wasn't really a surprise it was a bit unexpected. Who does Jay 'own' - Clark & Duke.

That was a pretty big jump to make using your #2 waiver spot on a guy to fill in for two weeks just to let him go after Meriweather is eligible. It will be interesting to see how much and how well Rambo and Trenton play at the start of the season.

Thanx GoSkins!

Obviously an upgrade over Davis.

Talent level is rising at Safety. OK, not skyrocketing but rising. Enough to pass on Meriweathers return? Is that the direction they are aiming/hoping for?

They are still at 5; Clark, Meriweather, Rambo, Robinson plus the Duke. One would think that either Rambo or Robinson would be the odd man out for week 3. But while Thomas wasn't really a surprise it was a bit unexpected. Who does Jay 'own' - Clark & Duke.

That was a pretty big jump to make using your #2 waiver spot on a guy to fill in for two weeks just to let him go after Meriweather is eligible. It will be interesting to see how much and how well Rambo and Trenton play at the start of the season.

Duke stays after suspension. I just don't see us getting rid of BM this year unless he gets suspended again. Then he will miss enough it's not worth it. Davis stays on PS this year, maybe gets called up late in the year depending on a lot of things (none of them real good to be honest).

Next year BM shown the door if Duke plays well and there is a really solid S in the 1st or 2nd rd next year. I used to keep up with college better but not so much lately so I don't know what it looks like next year for Ss in the draft. This also assumes Rambo plays well and sticks. He played like a different person even in preseason this year. Having Clark as a mentor is going to do wonders for him.

Clark is likely a 1 or maybe 2 yr rental till we get the position settled. He is ready for the ESPN booth :-) Don't get hit as hard there....  But he will be awesome in terms of teaching these guys the position and what it takes to win in this league.

As much as our Off may surprise for the wrong reasons (esp at the start), I think our D is going to surprise for the right reasons.

Here are the PS members so far:

TE Ted Bolser, CB Richard Crawford, CB Chase Minnifield, OL Tevita Stevens, S Phillip Thomas, NT Robert Thomas, RB Chris Thompson, WR Nick Williams

Noticeably missing is Lache Seastrunk. Will they have 2RBs on PS?  I don't see  him on any other PS either so they may be bidding for his services.

BTW: This is from NFL.com PS tracker.

I see where the Patriots traded Ryan Mallet to the Texans today. I had read that they weren't satisfied with Fitzpatrick and this shows it. Our defense better get after their qb and offense.

Mallet doesn't scare me. He was ineffective against us. Looked really bad. That's why Belichick got rid of him.

We need to worry about their D line. If we can't run the ball, they are going to be in RGIIIs grill all night long and it will not matter what his mechanics are.

Saw Chris Clemons got cut. Very similar numbers to Clark, except age - 6 years younger. I don't know that they would be interested but certainly an upgrade to the secondary.

Doubt they'll release BM - his $1 mil is fully guaranteed and they are running out of cushion on their cap. A tad over $5 million now, a million minimum for PS and you want a few pennies left over in case you need to pick someone up during the season.

Mallet doesn't scare me. He was ineffective against us. Looked really bad. That's why Belichick got rid of him.

We need to worry about their D line. If we can't run the ball, they are going to be in RGIIIs grill all night long and it will not matter what his mechanics are.

Never did I say anything about a need to be worried about Mallet, on the contrary, my post was more on the subject of an inadequate qb situation in Houston and our need to get after them. I'm not worried about their dline. They are strong on the edge but the zoneblocking scheme works against that with cut back lanes. Trent can handle either Clowney or Watts, but Polumbus will need DY or Paulsen for help against the pass rush. You people just can't get past what you see in preseason, complaining about play calling, complaining about RG3's mechanics....IT'S PRESEASON!

Hail manchild!!  

Sorry, out of likes and too lazy to reboot! 

Never did I say anything about a need to be worried about Mallet, on the contrary, my post was more on the subject of an inadequate qb situation in Houston and our need to get after them. I'm not worried about their dline. They are strong on the edge but the zoneblocking scheme works against that with cut back lanes. Trent can handle either Clowney or Watts, but Polumbus will need DY or Paulsen for help against the pass rush. You people just can't get past what you see in preseason, complaining about play calling, complaining about RG3's mechanics....IT'S PRESEASON!

First, my apologies about Mallet. I read your statement incorrectly. It looked like you may be worried mallet can beat us. 

Second, my statement about RGIIIs mechanics was supposed to be funny. I guess it wasn't :-) Not sure I even complained about play calling. Must be talking about someone else. 

I like your confidence against their Dline but zone blocking or not, those 2 can be disruptive. I like a fair amount of draws up the middle and maybe a few screens to slow their rush down. Then give them a heavy dose of AM. Then let the balls fly. That's just me and way overly simplistic. 

Last question, get up a little cranky this morning???   LOL  just kidding!! 

Hail manchild!!  

Sorry, out of likes and too lazy to reboot! 

First, my apologies about Mallet. I read your statement incorrectly. It looked like you may be worried mallet can beat us. 

Second, my statement about RGIIIs mechanics was supposed to be funny. I guess it wasn't :-) Not sure I even complained about play calling. Must be talking about someone else. 

I like your confidence against their Dline but zone blocking or not, those 2 can be disruptive. I like a fair amount of draws up the middle and maybe a few screens to slow their rush down. Then give them a heavy dose of AM. Then let the balls fly. That's just me and way overly simplistic. 

Last question, get up a little cranky this morning???   LOL  just kidding!! 

Not cranky towards you brother!

I think with Griffin's repoitoire of rollouts, zone reads, pistol, we have a good chance at keeping the Texan's defense off guard. I seriously think the coaches will have a good game plan.

Probably shouldn't have said the 'IT'S PRESEASON'' on your post because it looks like I directed it at you, I was on a little roll. Keep it coming #10 you were a busy fan yesterday!

Archived