Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

greetings

tom thumb

Hello fellow football fans. I am not a Redskin fan, however, I like to talk football. what I have noticed from preseason is that your team has improved from last year in my opinion. Your recievers have improved with the addition of Jackson. As an Eagles fan, I know all to well how this guy is. I hope for you guys sake he plays to his potential and does not cop on attitude and dog it like he did with us. Your defense also looks better wich does not fair to well for my Eagles. As far as your offense line, it may be a problem here. RG3 is shaky but that is just rust and I do believe he will be back to form by mid first game or sooner. If the offensive line does not improve he will be running for his life yet again. All in all your Redskins have improved as did my Eagles.

As far as rankings go, based soley on preseason only, here is where I see our conference:

Eagles

Redskins very close 2nd

Giants

Cowpies

During the season our teams wil probably split but would not surprise me if either took both games.

You guys have a really good team and if RG3 can stay healthy and the offensive line can become more solid; with your defense you guys will be a tough team to play.

What are your guys and gals opinions ?

Good luck this season and I look forward to your comments and talking football with you.

How awkward is it for you to seemingly be kind AND be an Eagles fan? The cognitive dissonance must be unbearable at times for you. :P

Welcome to the board. If I were you, I'd read the disclaimer you can find in our Around the NFL forums. If you ever want to discuss your team, feel free to over there. We like the rules here because they keep this place pretty organized and foster healthy discussions, so please learn and follow them (you already broke one rule with your lack of a detailed title for this thread). No worries, though, the mods here are fair and will overlook a first time offence, but it'd go a long way if you showed your ability to respect our forum rules and changed the title to a properly specific one, like "Hey guys, Eagles fan new to the board here", or something. Look forward to seeing you around. :)

You can find the rules here

Around the NFL Forum is here

Be careful, though. If you learn how this place works and fit in well, you'll find yourself overly addicted with an unhealthy obsession for visiting a sports message board. ;)  

Thank you for pointing this out. I just like to talk footbal regardless of the team. I apologize for putting this in the wrong forum if that was the case. I will be checking the rules and hopfully I can get this right. Again thank you for the heads up.

Thank you for pointing this out. I just like to talk footbal regardless of the team. I apologize for putting this in the wrong forum if that was the case. I will be checking the rules and hopfully I can get this right. Again thank you for the heads up.

I don't think this thread was necessarily in the wrong forum, as it's Redskins focused. I was just pointing out for future reference that you can talk about any other team you'd like in the Around the NFL forums. Thanks for listening though. :)

BTW chip kelly has boobs.

Yeah .. what is it with Philth and their penchant for fat coaches?  But i digress ..

The Beagles fired a MUCH better coach than flash-in-the-pan flashcard boy!  Andy proved that with taking the cellar dweller Chiefs and vying for the division in his first year. Chippy will be back on a college sideline in two years. Book it.

Welcome to the forum "Beagles" fan!

Beagle-

The Beagle is a breed of a medium-sized NFL franchise discovered in Philadelphia, PA.  around 1931.  This breed evolved from the now extinct Yellow Jackets and evolved to its newer modern name "Beagle" after many years of cross-breeding.  A member of the NFC East, its coloring or markings consists primarily of green and silver but sometimes may be speckled with white.

The Beagle is good at fetch and can run long distances with ease but pretty much can be made docile by a stern master.  Muzzlement sometimes has to be used to auto-correct any deficiencies with bad behavior.  However, the Beagle pretty much aim to please their masters.

HTTR!

Thank you for pointing this out.

No need to apologize, you're new, it happens.  thesubmittedone is doing what you'll see many of us here do.  That is, police the board so the mods don't have to (they get nasty when they have to come down from their perch, but are quite friendly when they choose to come down  ;) ).

BTW chip kelly has boobs.

Well, I'm a HUGE boobs fan, but I still don't like Chip Kelly.  So, now I can say for certain that my Skins fandom is stronger than my love of boobs.

As for the Skins, I think the personnel wasn't as bad as 3-13, but I'm not sure how much improvement to expect, considering I thought our defense was our fatal flaw and it was our first team offense that ended up not showing up this preseason.  I'm hoping that's because it's preseason, and they're just warming up (like you said tom thumb, "rust").

As for the Eagles, I'm interested to see what Kelly is planning on doing with McCoy AND Sproles.  I'm also interested to see how he spreads the offense out without Jackson.  I've had several conversations with Eagles fans from around the country this year (it's been an odd year) and all of us have agreed that the Eagles and Skins are likely at the top of the division as the Giants are on the way down, and the Cowboys are already at the bottom.

I've told this story many times before around here, and this is a good spot to tell it again.

Back before I had Sunday Ticket in the early/mid 90's, I was living in Houston (was in HS at the time) and went a crummy little sportsbar to watch our games. Became familiar with others who frequented the place to watch their teams.

Can't really recall any of them specifically anymore, except for one. He's the only one I clearly remember. Then, and now I simply referred to him as "Eagles fan." Looking back, he was probably about as old as I am now, maybe a tad older. He was a legit Eagles fan, showed up just about every week. Friendly, nice guy.

And I hated him. Loathed him. I still do. When the Eagles lose, I still get giddy picturing him and imaging him out there somewhere.

I've met other Eagles fans... Been to one Redskins game at the Vet and one at the Linc. Most of them are true to stereotype... Brash, harsh, angry. Some rough looking lady fans.

But "Eagles fan" was worse than all of them.

Why?

Because what he did was worse. The Redskins were awful during those years. Eagles weren't great, but they were better, and contended at least for the playoffs during those seasons. We would be getting our hats handed to us and the Eagles would be cruising and he'd look over and say, "we got lucky today, I really like your core; in a year or two, you guys are going to be a handful." I'd politely nod, but deep down I wanted to take my plate and smash it over his balding head. The patronizing and humble-bragging became unbearable. He did it with no sense of irony. No tongue-in-cheek. He just did it. Over and over. Week after week.

Eagles 34, Redskins 13; as we pay our tabs and get ready to trudge into parking lot:

"That game was closer than the score indicated. That one bogus penalty really hurt you guys. We were fortunate to get out of there with the W."

It's a miracle I didn't push him into traffic.

I moved prior to the 1996 season and never saw "Eagles fan" again, but obviously I haven't been able to forget him. Like a ghost. He still haunts.

I have no real reason for telling this story other than to offer a piece of advice. Eagles fan, please don't be "Eagles fan." Welcome to the board.

I've told this story many times before around here, and this is a good spot to tell it again.

Back before I had Sunday Ticket in the early/mid 90's, I was living in Houston (was in HS at the time) and went a crummy little sportsbar to watch our games. Became familiar with others who frequented the place to watch their teams.

Can't really recall any of them specifically anymore, except for one. He's the only one I clearly remember. Then, and now I simply referred to him as "Eagles fan." Looking back, he was probably about as old as I am now, maybe a tad older. He was a legit Eagles fan, showed up just about every week. Friendly, nice guy.

And I hated him. Loathed him. I still do. When the Eagles lose, I still get giddy picturing him and imaging him out there somewhere.

I've met other Eagles fans... Been to one Redskins game at the Vet and one at the Linc. Most of them are true to stereotype... Brash, harsh, angry. Some rough looking lady fans.

But "Eagles fan" was worse than all of them.

Why?

Because what he did was worse. The Redskins were awful during those years. Eagles weren't great, but they were better, and contended at least for the playoffs during those seasons. We would be getting our hats handed to us and the Eagles would be cruising and he'd look over and say, "we got lucky today, I really like your core; in a year or two, you guys are going to be a handful." I'd politely nod, but deep down I wanted to take my plate and smash it over his balding head. The patronizing and humble-bragging became unbearable. He did it with no sense of irony. No tongue-in-cheek. He just did it. Over and over. Week after week.

Eagles 34, Redskins 13; as we pay our tabs and get ready to trudge into parking lot:

"That game was closer than the score indicated. That one bogus penalty really hurt you guys. We were fortunate to get out of there with the W."

It's a miracle I didn't push him into traffic.

I moved prior to the 1996 season and never saw "Eagles fan" again, but obviously I haven't been able to forget him. Like a ghost. He still haunts.

I have no real reason for telling this story other than to offer a piece of advice. Eagles fan, please don't be "Eagles fan." Welcome to the board.

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean Kleese. I know a couple of people like this, one an Eagles fan and another a stupid Steelers fan (they're just as annoying living in Steeler country).

Archived