Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Turn Their Focus To Regular Season

OK guys, who makes the cut? I watched the 1st qtr last night and the game opened with some holes in the O line on the right side but they weren't covering the line players very well so I couldn't tell who was leaking. Receiving, I got DJackson, PGarcon, ARoberts, SMoss, ARobinson and RGrant and I won't be surprised is we all agree on that.

OK, who's next?

P.S....yeah, I know, I grabbed the easiest position to see the cream that has risen, the benefit of going first

erad

OK guys, who makes the cut? I watched the 1st qtr last night and the game opened with some holes in the O line on the right side but they weren't covering the line players very well so I couldn't tell who was leaking. Receiving, I got DJackson, PGarcon, ARoberts, SMoss, ARobinson and RGrant and I won't be surprised is we all agree on that. OK, who's next? P.S....yeah, I know, I grabbed the easiest position to see the cream that has risen, the benefit of going first erad

Agree with your wr corp,6 is enough with Hankerson on pup.

Running Backs could be toughest to call. Alfred, Helu are locks. But all those others played well last night. I think Seastrunk and Thompson make the 53 while Redd goes to practice squad. Redd put together a good body of work last night, he knew he was fighting for a position and hit holes hard like Alfred does. Redd is same kind of back as Alfred so we don't need 2 active. Thompson and Seastrunk bring versatility with their pass catching ability. Seastrunk looks like the fastest back on the team. Royster has been playing well but I'll take an infusion of young guys who are hungry over a guy 'imo' that hasn't separated himself from the pack for 3 years. Royster gets cut. I reserve the right to be totally wrong on this subject.

wow we got depth everywhere this is to close to call ,there will be surprises and the kicking battle still inst solved .

what they do on saturday is a mystery,alot of players helped their cause last night,Mccoy looked very polished  

geez Seastrunk left them all in the dust Redd looked good as well.Grant just separted himself from the pack all preseason .

there is way to much to comment on ,all i know is some good talent is going to be released ,some will end on the practice squad 

Trent Robinson. I do not see any he does not make it especially considering the Meriweather suspension. He has outplayed Rambo. Not saying Rambo won't make it just saying he doesn't make it over Robinson.

Depending on how these final Safeties play, whom ever they turn out to be, in the first two games Meriweather might have suspended his way out of a job.

Will Compton has earned a roster spot. Sharpton still nursing a nasty high ankle sprain, might be headed to PUP/IR. Way was a nice pickup, eh? Count him in too.

RB's - two out of Lache/Royster/Redd. You can't teach speed & Lache has it. I'm thinking two Vets (Alf & Helu) plus two rooks - Lache and Reed. We'll know in about 24 hours.

Just wishing we find a replacement for Chester ,but I doubt it . JJ.WATTS need to be double teamed in week 1 . Other than that ,I think we win easy . .... I really like T. Robinson though . Hope he pans out

John started talking about him after 1st game, I went back to rewatch and saw him making plays everywhere. Safety is a place where there is some room for talent. See what the coaches say about it.

Saw an interview with Gruden yesterday where he was saying if a player was stellar on special teams but a log jam at his position then he remains commited to keeping the guys who are helping special teams. Don't know what Robinson has done in that area.

Ok, here is my shot at the final 53 - Will leave PS to later:

Off:

Q (3) - RGIII, Cousins, McCoy

RB (5) - AM, Helu, Lache, Thompson, DY

WR (6) - Garcon, DJax, Roberts, Grant, Moss, AR - (Hank on PUP)

TE (3) - Reed, Paulson, Paul (I would release Paul and keep Bolser and bring him along, but he will probably make PS).

OL (9) - TW, Lauvao, KL, CC, Polumbus, Compton, Moses, Spencer, Leribeus

Def:

CB (5): DeAngelo Hall, David Amerson, Tracy Porter, E. J. Biggers, Bashaud Breeland

S (5): Ryan Clark, Brandon Meriweather, Bacarri Rambo, Phillip Thomas and Trenton Robinson.

ILB (4): Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Adam Hayward and Will Compton.

OLB (4): Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Murphy, Everette Brown (I could be convinced of Gabe Miller)

DL (6): Jason Hatcher, Barry Cofield, Chris Baker, Jarvis Jenkins, Kedric Golston and Clifton Geathers (Geathers only gets in due to Nields injury, Bowen starts on PUP).

ST - LS Nick Sundberg, P Tress Way, K Zach Hocker

goskins- 100% agree with that roster... aside from the P and K, I think Malone and Forbath make it.JohnBass- I agree, Trenton Robinson has had a heck of a training camp. For some reason, Keim, the ESPN NFCE writer, has Robinson missing the roster. I believe Robinson should, and will, make the roster.Dorrell- The Texans game is far from an easy win. They were similar to us last year, their record was much worse than the talent should have dictated. Sure, their QB situation is still weak, but besides that they have a very good team. And, let's be real, RG has looked awful so far as a pure passer.

How do you guys make separate paragraphs on a post? I tried to triple space and I still got a mess (see below)

goskins- 100% agree with that roster... aside from the P and K, I think Malone and Forbath make it. JohnBass- I agree, Trenton Robinson has had a heck of a training camp. For some reason, Keim, the ESPN NFCE writer, has Robinson missing the roster. I believe Robinson should, and will, make the roster. Dorrell- The Texans game is far from an easy win. They were similar to us last year, their record was much worse than the talent should have dictated. Sure, their QB situation is still weak, but besides that they have a very good team. And, let's be real, RG has looked awful so far as a pure passer.

How do you guys make separate paragraphs on a post? I tried to triple space and I still got a mess (see below)

Ct- are you posting from Redskins.com newsfeed or from Extremeskins? Extremeskins makes it easier to do everything compared to Redskins.com.

Here you can write as many paragraphs as you like.

And then do it again

this is extremeskins url   http://es.redskins.com/forum/74-redskinscom-news/

Are you going through ES or Redskins.com?   If you through ES it gives you all the editing options.

Ct- are you posting from Redskins.com newsfeed or from Extremeskins? Extremeskins makes it easier to do everything compared to Redskins.com.

Here you can write as many paragraphs as you like.

And then do it again

this is extremeskins url   http://es.redskins.com/forum/74-redskinscom-news/

Great minds.....  lol 

Ted Bolser gone....

I believe he will be on the practice squad. We can't go into thre season with just Reed (one hit to the head from being out of football), Paulson (good blocker, OK pass catcher) and Paul (sucks as a TE and is really only on the team as STs player). There has to be at least one TE on the PS.

I believe he will be on the practice squad. We can't go into thre season with just Reed (one hit to the head from being out of football), Paulson (good blocker, OK pass catcher) and Paul (sucks as a TE and is really only on the team as STs player). There has to be at least one TE on the PS.

Yeah, i thought he was ok too. Maybe the coaches are watching for upgrades at tight end and safety from cuts. These 2 releases are indicative of the quality of players who have been at camp this year. We've had Crawford for a couple of years. Bolser would have made the team in the past. Good problems as it's called.

Akeem Davis is making this team. I haven't been to camp or any practices but I watched his college film and could tell you months ago that he could tackle and needed to be on the team. He is an emotional leader as well and that is something the REDSKINS have lacked....he has Allen's "FIRE IN HIS BELLY".

Akeem Davis is making this team. I haven't been to camp or any practices but I watched his college film and could tell you months ago that he could tackle and needed to be on the team. He is an emotional leader as well and that is something the REDSKINS have lacked....he has Allen's "FIRE IN HIS BELLY".

Again outta likes...Anyway...

Yeah, many of us who have argued...errr I mean, discussed stuff over the last few months noted we didn't think their punter was on the roster. That being said - he may still not be on the roster.

Way looked great in camp in Chicago. Once he got into the game; not so much. Let's see how he does come showtime. Not much out there in terms of guys with experience - so far. Well there is Sav. Didn't think you wanted to go down that road.

Let's see who gets cut from other teams and what happens from there.

Archived