Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Take Preseason Finale From Bucs, 24-10

603- I only got to see a few plays here and there, but I was looking for Breeland and Moses... From what I saw, neither played too well. Moses seemed to be hampered a bit by the injury he suffered last week and Breeland gave up a catch every time the ball was thrown his way. Please report back after you watch the game, I'm hoping I only caught the bad plays.

If you had the game film you could see the whole field, but without them you only get an occasional view of players providing a supporting role. I didn't get a lot on the players 603 mentioned - I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Of course I did get a good look at the ball carriers, receivers catching or not catching, and defenders making plays.

The D appeared to be solid as a group, but I don't remember anybody consistently standing out.

The O appeared to be in sync, and while not perfect, execution appeared to be good.

It would appear that if Seastrunk is cut he will be picked up and want be available for our practice squad.

Redd did good, not sure if we can get him thru to the practice squad.

Thompson will have no problem making the practice squad if cut and eligible. Not a good day for him given Redd & Seastrunk's play.

I do think our subs are a lot better than Tampa's, which is a good thing for our development of depth.

Thompson wasn't eligible under the old rules but he might be now. Not real familiar with each detail other than 10 players now versus the previous 8 and a longer time allowed on the 45 man active gameday roster (I think a year). Don't know all the ifs ands or buts concerning that.

why does anyone even mention thompson in the same breath as silas redd and seastrunk? what has he even done in 2 preseasons? was that him pounding the middle of the line for 75 yards thursday night? was that him taking a screen pass 80 yards to the bank? supposedly, he played, but does anyone remember even one of his carries? rather, let us speak of chris thompson in the same breath as the esteemed malcolm kelly. potential = 100%. production = 0%. like kelly, he will forever need a wheelchair and a hot water bottle to play this game, but the league rules will forbid that. so let us place him where he belongs, not on the 53-man roster but on the elite- patient list at the sunnyside recovery home, where he and malcolm kelly can reminisce about their nfl glory 'minutes'. redskins 2014 running backs: young, morrison, helu, silas redd, lache seastrunk. (sorry, royster, but i, unlike everyone else, haven't forgotten your unwillingness to block for your franchise qb.)

Hey Chew- really like your post, cut through the potential crap and show us what you have done. You said rightly about the deep rb corp we have and why hold on to a player with potential who is always dinged up. Bye bye Royster, you've had your chance to shine for 3 years and haven't separated yourself from the pack and you're a veteran. Royster if cut will be on someone's roster next week. I see stories from analyst like Keim,etc who say Royster makes the team because he's a Vet, just give me the best and don't bother me about them being a veteran.

Thompson wasn't eligible under the old rules but he might be now. Not real familiar with each detail other than 10 players now versus the previous 8 and a longer time allowed on the 45 man active gameday roster (I think a year). Don't know all the ifs ands or buts concerning that.

Here is a good set of rules for Practice Squad - http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/29/6077941/nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-deadline

I have seen a lot of discussion about Royster. Here is my take for what it's worth:

Royster was good when he was in, there is no doubt. However, he did struggle to stay in the lineup due to nagging injuries. Also, he was too much like AM in terms of running. He is nt going to run away from anyone but should give you solid yards. 

But Royster is 26 soon to be 27. The drop off age for RBs is 30. Redd who is also considered to be a similar type back to AM (the reason they kept him and not Thompson/Seastrunk), is a rookie. If AM goes down to injury or as some have suggested is a one system running back (not at all my opinion, but can't be ignored as a possibility.) then who would rather have a 27 yr old basically stop gap or a 22 y/o rookie? 

I did not predict it as I thought they would go speed. But I certainly understand the thinking. This last statement is something I sometimes had trouble with the last management staff in terms of roster decisions. Don't get me wrong, as much as I dislike MS you had to admit he left us with a better roster than he come into. Having said that, I think he had even more opportunity and made some very poor decisions. 

OK, rant over… lol

Archived