Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody play Fan Duel?

Springfield

Fanduel is daily games. You can play in as many leagues and have as many different lineups as you want based on a salary cap, for an entry fee. It's a lot like online poker, in the sense that you can play big tournaments, medium size tourneys, or just like a 10 team league. Prizes are sort of allocated like online poker too. Another good tip I learned is to kind of manage your bankroll like you would poker. If you get lucky, you can make money quick by placing high in a big tourney . You can also be a 'grinder' and take a slow but steady pace to increase your bankroll more conservatively. I've played there and Draftstreet (which is now something else) for a few years. I finally feel like I got the groove for it last year, as far as making at least a little money every week. Then I blew most of it learning about fantasy basketball when winter boredom set in.  :wacko:

It's fun, and perfect if you are too busy to keep up with a dedicated league or just to mix it in with seasonal leagues.

I haven't played Fan Duel, but I played at a site called fantasysportslive for several years, which was similar. It got bought out and is now called "Fan Throwdown".

Those daily sites are a ton of fun. But the best fantasy sports site on the planet is without question, cdmsports. I've played there for about 15 years. Great site. Great customer service. Great everything. I'll be playing their Budget Football game, and maybe a Points team there this year, if any of you guys are feeling lucky. :) I must warn you though, I'm pretty damn good at every game there. Bring it!

Edit: I wouldn't fall for the trap (commercials) that pretend you can make $50,000 a year playing there though. I personally call bull**** on that. You can, however, make decent coin if you're good.

Archived