Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNwashington: Redskins in the process of planning new stadium

RichmondRedskin88

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/snyder-redskins-have-started-process-planning-new-stadium

“We've already seen some preliminary drawings and I'm going to be very retro with it,” he told CSN. “It's gonna feel like RFK. It's gonna move like RFK. I love that, I actually asked architectural firms to do it and they said that they can do it. I said that I think the lower bowl sections are going to want to rock the stadium like the old days.”

Thoughts?

Something tells me that we will end up changing our name and our location at the same time.

Welcome your new team .... The Virginia Natives!

Hail to the natives....hail victory

Skins on the warpath....fight for old DC

Yeah, it could work.

Good, I'm beyond sick of that retro Giants stadium clone that we have with crappy grass.

Haha I read that as glass for a few minutes there...I was like "we have crappy glass?"

I'd love to see them build a 65-70k seat modern RFK on the site of old RFK. Something that looks like RFK on the outside with a modern inside. But I think the name will be a problem for any move to DC. The City Council will try to force a name change as any part of a deal.

DC would kill to have the team back in the city. There are some on the council who are anti redskins but I'm positive they can get the necessary votes when it comes down to it.

I'm happy to hear it's being planned and discussed. I love the part about making sure it bounces like RFK. I wish it didn't look like RFK though, I would rather it be something new over retro.

I just hope it isn't a cookie cutter awful design like so any are now, ie Giants/Jets. The Vikings and Falcons seem like they will be unique architecturally and resemble some of the finer designed stadiums the rest of the world is able to enjoy.

I doubt we will have anything that radical though but stil...let's stay away from boring round bowls

I'm happy to hear it's being planned and discussed. I love the part about making sure it bounces like RFK. I wish it didn't look like RFK though, I would rather it be something new over retro.

I just hope it isn't a cookie cutter awful design like so any are now, ie Giants/Jets. The Vikings and Falcons seem like they will be unique architecturally and resemble some of the finer designed stadiums the rest of the world is able to enjoy.

I doubt we will have anything that radical though but stil...let's stay away from boring round bowls

I'm with you let the 1960 designs stay in the past and create your own trend. I can't see Snyder being satisfied with an average stadium, I'm sure he'll do it big.

I like the idea, I just hope it's not a dome.  Please Mr. Snyder, please, please, please, NO DOME!  The NFL seems to be going more Arena League, and Domes are part of it.  Play football on grass, in the elements.  If Green Bay or Chicago, or Cleveland can do it, so can we.  

As long as it's no dome and on grass, I love the idea.  I also hope the stadium does indeed go back to the old RFK site are truly make the team The Washington Redskins again.  I hate that they play in Maryland (they already have the Ravens, they don't need two NFL teams), and the sooner they leave and go back to DC, the better.  If not DC, I hope NOVA gets the team.

I hope Snyder names it Redskin Stadium or Stadium Of The Redskins.

Not happening.  It'll be whatever corporation sponsors the stadium.

I hope Snyder names it Redskin Stadium or Stadium Of The Redskins.

Would be cool, but I doubt that happens. Naming the stadium after a sponsor would create more revenue.

I like the idea, I just hope it's not a dome.  Please Mr. Snyder, please, please, please, NO DOME!  The NFL seems to be going more Arena League, and Domes are part of it.  Play football on grass, in the elements.  If Green Bay or Chicago, or Cleveland can do it, so can we.  

As long as it's no dome and on grass, I love the idea.  I also hope the stadium does indeed go back to the old RFK site are truly make the team The Washington Redskins again.  I hate that they play in Maryland (they already have the Ravens, they don't need two NFL teams), and the sooner they leave and go back to DC, the better.  If not DC, I hope NOVA gets the team.

Not happening.  It'll be whatever corporation sponsors the stadium.

You think everybody in MD lives close to Baltimore? Baltimore is totally separate w/ other parts of Maryland. 

By that logic, the stadium shouldn't be built in VA either, since you guys already have training camp.

Would be cool, but I doubt that happens. Naming the stadium after a sponsor would create more revenue.

You think everybody in MD lives close to Baltimore? Baltimore is totally separate w/ other parts of Maryland. 

By that logic, the stadium shouldn't be built in VA either, since you guys already have training camp.

Sorry to offend, I just don't like FedEx.  I hate that stadium, and I hate going out there.  I just don't like much about the current game day experience at FedEx.  I just want them back in DC where they belong (so long as it's a grass field and an outdoor stadium).

Sorry to offend, I just don't like FedEx.  I hate that stadium, and I hate going out there.  I just don't like much about the current game day experience at FedEx.  I just want them back in DC where they belong (so long as it's a grass field and an outdoor stadium).

Agreed.

I haven't been to a game in years because I absolutely loathe FedEx.

A stadium in D.C. would be fantastic, but I doubt there is room there and the D.C. City Council isn't exactly easy to agree with.

$5 says it ends up in Northern VA somewhere.

Archived