Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The third preseason game against the Ravens will be a good test for this team

Boss_Hogg

The 3rd preseason game has been described as a "dress rehearsal" for opening day in the NFL. However if the third preseason game involves the Ravens and Redskins, it means war...for the Ravens.

It's been long documented that John Harbaugh despises everything Redskins. We've seen fake punts in preseason games to leaving in the Ravens' number 1s to beat down the Skins number 3s in the John Beck/Rex Grossman preseason game of 2011. My favorite soundbite came from Harbaugh in 2010 after the Ravens beats the Skins in the second preseason game at FedEx. "Yeah we came down there and we ran over them pretty good". LOL, nice Harbaugh, thumping your chest about an exhibition game; LOL aces dude...aces. Or how about the Jim Zorn Gatorade bath after said preseason game? Too funny.

This man wants to beat us and beat us badly.

I don't blame him really, I think he's just echoing the collective sentiment of the Baltimoron fan base. I live in the Baltimore area and the unsolicited vitriol I receive is astonishing. I couldn't care less about the dirty birds, in fact I don't see them as rivals. In my opinion, they're just annoying because local TV blocks me from seeing my Skins (Thank god for DirectTV).

With that being said, he's going to have the Ravens ready to play for this Saturday's game at M&T stadium. I expect a well thought out game plan with some trickery, and maybe a few cheap shots. This is going to be a great test for Grudes and our young team.

I want to see Breeland and Grant get some playing time with the 1st team. Those guys have been absolutely fantastic so far with the 2nd team guys through the pre-season. I like how hard Breeland is willing to hit.

Agreed on Breeland.  We finally have someone in our secondary who can't wait to light somebody up.  Haven't had that in a good long while.

I don't count BMeriweather because my praise for anything he does will only incite a board riot. :)

Yup. Combo of working graveyard and little to no interest. I've stayed away from all football in the main this summer to recharge.

But now we're at the stage of the first 'meaningful' exhibition my interest is back.

Hail.

I'm sorry you have to work in a graveyard.  Welcome back playa. :)

I'm hoping to see some heads get rolled on Saturday.  Nice to see the defense flying around, even it is just preseason.  Let's party.

As others have said, welcome back GHH!

As for the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh, I hope you all have fire ants unleashed inside your pants right when their zippers all stop working so that you can't get them off for days and your genitals resemble hamburger for a few days.

Of course, I'd never wish an injury on someone, but insane amounts of uncomfortableness and irritation is okay by me.

Seriously though, I hope Harbaugh loses bad and that he cries about it at the podium after the game, or in the least that one of the reporters asks him whether he thinks the Skins "came down there and ran over you pretty good".  

He's an ***.

I figure this will be as good as any place to show that the Redskins will join their failbrothers the Lions and Bucs as winless season NFL teams. Or at least so sayeth foxsports.com/nfl

Teams Projected Score

WAS@HOU 25 26

JAX@WAS 26 24

WAS@PHI 22 28

NYG@WAS 29 24

SEA@WAS 26 20

WAS@ARI 21 29

TEN@WAS 26 23

WAS@DAL 28 30

WAS@MIN  28 29

BYE (they would have loved to add another L here)

TB@WAS 27 25

WAS@SF 19 27

WAS@IND 23 28

STL@WAS 28 23

WAS@NYG 25 29

PHI@WAS 29 22

DAL@WAS 28 26

I don't post a lot and don't profane a lot but this is some ****ing bull**** man. Wtf, really? 0-16? ****ing white sportswriters and their white guilt, why don't they give Manhattan or the Louisiana Purchase back to the Red Man, and THEN come and talk about the name of our favorite team. I hate the media, and these idiots who write forecasts like our Redskins going 0-16. You suck ass foxsports "sports journalists", and its not even like the old days where someone would have to make something up to compete with the other big news names in town, because now literally anyone can come along and say the Redskins are gonna go 0-16.

I don't usually, but yea, I'm mad as heck right now after seeing that.

I figure this will be as good as any place to show that the Redskins will join their failbrothers the Lions and Bucs as winless season NFL teams. Or at least so sayeth foxsports.com/nfl

I don't post a lot and don't profane a lot but this is some ****ing bull**** man. Wtf, really? 0-16? ****ing white sportswriters and their white guilt, why don't they give Manhattan or the Louisiana Purchase back to the Red Man, and THEN come and talk about the name of our favorite team. I hate the media, and these idiots who write forecasts like our Redskins going 0-16. You suck ass foxsports "sports journalists", and its not even like the old days where someone would have to make something up to compete with the other big news names in town, because now literally anyone can come along and say the Redskins are gonna go 0-16.

I don't usually, but yea, I'm mad as heck right now after seeing that.

You are probably better off staying back in the shadows after that post.  Not posting has served you well.

As others have said, welcome back GHH!

As for the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh, I hope you all have fire ants unleashed inside your pants right when their zippers all stop working so that you can't get them off for days and your genitals resemble hamburger for a few days.

Of course, I'd never wish an injury on someone, but insane amounts of uncomfortableness and irritation is okay by me.

Seriously though, I hope Harbaugh loses bad and that he cries about it at the podium after the game, or in the least that one of the reporters asks him whether he thinks the Skins "came down there and ran over you pretty good".  

He's an ***.

Oh, I wish injury on Harbaugh, not on any of the players (Ray Lewis is retired, after all) and I hope he has the worst charley horse in the world for like two weeks.  **** that dude.

EDIT: Stuff I don't want to get in trouble for, regardless of how hilarious it was to me.

You are probably better off staying back in the shadows after that post.  Not posting has served you well.

Not if you're looking for entertainment value posts during this terribly boring part of the football season.  I for one would love to see more posts from the man.   :D   Catch up with you later fellas.....gotta go see the black man about my white shoes....wait....that sounded racist. When in Rome  :blink:  Yeesh  :huh:

On a more topical ointment of the thread post:  I don't care if we lose by 30 points, I just want our guys to get out of this game healthy.  The Ravens aren't a tougher team than we are and I think we'll be fine in terms of physically being able to match up.  No injuries please and no boneheaded turnovers like last game.  

I hope we SMOKE these bums!! Since we don't play them when it matters this season, this preseason game now matters. I wanna beat them and beat them bad. But what would make my day the most is if they leave their 1s in against our 2s again and it backfires supremely.

SN: Welcome back to the board GHH 

Would prefer to play against a stout defense.. although it would be a bit troubling if we have trouble moving the ball on them.

I'll be (pleasantly) amazed if we make it look easy. Even with three starters out.

Although, it sure would be nice if Rob could get some rhythm going, and get in a groove. Build some confidence.

I don't post a lot and don't profane a lot but this is some ****ing bull**** man....

This part I definitely agree with.  It would be the ultimate Manziel salute if we won the NFC East this year over the media's obsession Chip Kelly and Jerry Jones.

Per @BrentCSN: The #Ravens top three CBs will be out vs. #Redskins.

Would prefer to play against a stout defense.. although it would be a bit troubling if we have trouble moving the ball on them.

Don't worry, they aren't missing any other starters, and really they're only using their top 2, the 3rd guy (Asa Jackson) is really in a close camp battle with a guy that will be starting this week, Chykie Brown.  

So, it seems to me that that's about as good as you can hope for during the regular season, considering it's a minor miracle for most teams to have an average of 1-2 starters out during the season.

watching this preseason game with eagles/steelers, i hate to acknowledge it, but the eagles are looking pretty good...  i hope we do this saturday when it's our dress rehearsal...

Well, in the game Foles threw 50% of the picks he threw last season, so that's good.   <_<

Archived