Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WUSA9:Shoppers Food customers may be affected by data breach

CrypticVillain

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/08/19/supervalu-inc-announces-computer-intrusion/14318557/

Eden Prarie, Mn. (WUSA9) -- Supervalu Inc. has announced that it was the victim of a data breach.

The Company owns over 3,000 grocery stores including a series of Shoppers Food Warehouses in Maryland and Virginia.

A hacker made it into the part of the company's computer network that processes payment card transactions, the company reported. This network included customer information such as account numbers, expiration dates, and cardholder names, Supervalu said.

Though the company has not determined that cardholder data was stolen, they are informing the public "out of an abundance of caution."

Data may have been stolen from customers who used their cards at any of the 180 stores affected by the breach, said Supervalu. The cards data potentially was stolen from were those used from June 22nd through July 17th, the company said.

A full list of possibly affected stores is available here: LIST

The company is offering anyone who may have been affected 12 months of complimentary identity protection services through AllClear ID.

I know a lot of people are from the area, so this is just a warning. I just looked at my accounts, and I went there on June 25th. Smh...

Umm...did you put all those tags ?

I haven't been to that store in probably 25-30 years.

Always seemed to be on the dirty side. I don't want to buy food from a place like that.

You looked at your accounts...they found the problem...you are good.

Thanks for the heads up for everyone else though.

Umm...did you put all those tags ?

lol I posted the first two, and then next thing you know I ran out of space. I don't know what happened. 

And the Shoppers I go to in Alexandria isn't dirty. Probably one of the best grocery stores I shop in. That includes Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. 

Archived