Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC: Secret Service 'Aware' of Apparent ISIS Flag Photo in Front of the White House

JMS

Secret Service 'Aware' of Apparent ISIS Flag Photo in Front of the White House

The Secret Service said it is "aware" of a photo that appeared to show an image of an ISIS flag in front of the White House.

If authentic, the photo showed a hand holding up an image of a flag for ISIS (also known as ISIL or Islamic State), displayed on a smartphone, on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House fence. That area, closed off to street traffic, is frequented by thousands of tourists every day.

It was tweeted from an apparently pro-ISIS Twitter handle @sunna_rev on Aug. 9.

ht_ISIS_twitter_mssg_01_mt_140814_16x9_9

Probably photo shopped.  It wouldn't be the first time.

It would be worrisome if it were real however and got it's way to an isis supporter on twitter.

That would imply that whoever took it was likely another member or supporter of ISIS and close to the whitehouse.

It wouldn't just end up on an ISIS twitter account by accident.

Probably photo shopped.  It wouldn't be the first time.

It would be worrisome if it were real however and got it's way to an isis supporter on twitter.

That would imply that whoever took it was likely another member or supporter of ISIS and close to the whitehouse.

It wouldn't just end up on an ISIS twitter account by accident.

But again, anyone can be there.  It's not any different than if someone posted a pic of an ISIS flag in front of Wendy's.

Let me know when they post a picture of an ISIS flag inside the white house.  (Or even inside the fence.)

Don't get why anybody could possibly care.

Not only do we care... I'll bet this stuff is being briefed to the President daily..

The reason why we care is the CIA is reporting that there are nearly 100 American citizens fighting in Iraq with ISIS. With the latest bombings of Isis troops to protect the Kurds, we are worried that Amercans will become a new target of these maniacs. Then this appears on twitter.

There are even more westerners... I don't know if anybody caught the photo of the Austrialian kid who's father took him to Iraq to fight with ISIS which has been the rage on the internet. This austrialian kid is holding up the severed head of a Syrian soldier.. grusome.

article-2721230-206D17E500000578-975_634

Right now our intelligence organizations are trying to run down all of these Isis collaborators. As you know folks with US passports can freely pass back into the US. That's becoming the new fear...

Again though you are right.. it's just fear mongering now... They have this guy's twitter handle, and I'm guessing they have his cell phone too; It will probable take us about 45 minutes to pick him up and start questioning him... coarse we won't hear about that conversation.

Just so Im clear.  Im supposed to be??????  What exactly?  Mad?  Scared?  Depressed?

Isnt freedom awesome.

I think "aware" is what the news is going for.

It appears Issis is extremely and suprissingly competent militarily.   So far they've really done an amaizingly increadible job against some pretty respected outfits.   For example we've backed the Kurds in northern Iraq now for 20 years.  We've trained them and they did a pretty good job against even Iraq's republican guard.    Isis put the Kurdish Pershmerga guard into  full retreat beginning of the week.   I think that openned up a lot of eyes and supprised a lot of folks.   It was a humiliating defeat for our Kurdish allies..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/12/islamic-state-peshmerga-vulnerability-kurdish-isis

Worse is that with every sucess ISSIS's numbers grow exponentially.   Now we are talking about sending combat troops back into Iraq,  "not to fight", but  to try to help the Izizi's, which to the way I read a map will bring them into direct conflict with ISSIS..   Also we have another group of advisors

being deployed to Iraq which will join the other group of American combat advisors already there.

This ball is starting to roll down hill.

But again, anyone can be there.  It's not any different than if someone posted a pic of an ISIS flag in front of Wendy's.

Let me know when they post a picture of an ISIS flag inside the white house.  (Or even inside the fence.)

But this wasn't some random Wendys, and this wasn't just put up on twitter by some random person, assuming it's actually an ISIS or ISIS supporter's twitter account.

This would mean that a supporter of ISIS and possibly multiple of them could be living in close proximity to the white house.

It could also mean there's a cell of hardened terrorists or jihadi fighters nearby the whitehouse, though that's less certain.

Although the fact that this happened a few days ago, I think it would be bigger news by now if it were real.

I recall reading on twitter recently that ISIS twitter accounts were closed down.

Could be related to this.

Or it could mean that my 18 year old knucklehead nephew and a few of his moron friends thought it would be HILARIOUS to snap this picture and post it somewhere.

Which do you think is the more likely scenario?

And, if this was the action of some hardened, ninja-trained, ISIS sleeper cell? 

Then they're stupid, and I'm not that worried about them. 

So, let's just lay out some reasonable assumptions.

1) There are ISIS supporters in the U.S.

2) There are ISIS supporters with cell phones.

Since both of those are true, this photo doesn't provide any new information.  If you didn't believe it was possible for anti-U.S. groups to get a person close to the White House, you've been deluding yourself.

If anything, this is nice because it provides a possible lead for the Secret Service.  They bring the person in for questioning and either eliminate (or keep tabs on) a threat or find out that it's some punk kid.  Either way there is zero loss (and essentially zero risk) to the U.S.  

If this was actually posted by an anti-U.S. agent, it was extremely stupid.

the chance that there are no ISIS sympathizers amongst the many millions of people that live in the DC area is virtually nil.   (hell... we still have that "mosque of hate" on Rt 7 in Falls church)

i bike by that spot in front of the whitehouse twice a day, every day.... and there is ALWAYS a wide ranging group of moonbats with their moonbat signs ---- chanting indecipherable moonbat nonsense at each other.  

A booger eating moron that lives in the comfort and affluence of the washington DC area, but thinks that what ISIS offers would be an improvement, would fit right in with all teh OTHER boogereatingmorons..... 

(i am sure there are also really smart people with important things to say in that area... but i ignore them all because of the moonbats)

the chance that there are no ISIS sympathizers amongst the many millions of people that live in the DC area is virtually nil.   (hell... we still have that "mosque of hate" on Rt 7 in Falls church)

Jez whizz, you mean the Islamic mosque with fairfax county police crossing guards outside 24 hours a day to assist all those worshipers crossing the busy thurofair.

Just because all 14 of the 911 high jackers, and the crazy fort hood psychiatrist, and the mad mullah were all tracced back to that mosque doesn't mean it's a "mosque of hate". It's just a mosque..

( as for the booger eaters.. comments )... Carry on..

I will note all the US military organizations were yanked out of that seven corner's area and relocated into hardenned sites...

I think "aware" is what the news is going for.

It appears Issis is extremely and suprissingly competent militarily.   So far they've really done an amaizingly increadible job against some pretty respected outfits.   For example we've backed the Kurds in northern Iraq now for 20 years.  We've trained them and they did a pretty good job against even Iraq's republican guard.    Isis put the Kurdish Pershmerga guard into  full retreat beginning of the week.   I think that openned up a lot of eyes and supprised a lot of folks.   It was a humiliating defeat for our Kurdish allies..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/12/islamic-state-peshmerga-vulnerability-kurdish-isis

Worse is that with every sucess ISSIS's numbers grow exponentially.   Now we are talking about sending combat troops back into Iraq,  "not to fight", but  to try to help the Izizi's, which to the way I read a map will bring them into direct conflict with ISSIS..   Also we have another group of advisors

being deployed to Iraq which will join the other group of American combat advisors already there.

This ball is starting to roll down hill.

We haven't been supporting the Kurds for the last 20+ years.

We pretty much abandoned them after the original Gulf War, and we certainly weren't supporting them over any fighting they were doing that might have interfered with the central government in Iraq consolidating power over the last few years.

I doubt over much of the last 20 years for example the Kurds have gotten any real direct training from the US.

Even read your piece, other than on ex-US translator (that then has a US issued weapon), the others have older non-US weapons.

Generally, I'm of the view of this sort of stuff, who cares.

Archived