Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Baaaaaaaack! The Retooled 2.0 Version

TK

Found this for those that want to read and vote for your Cult Hero from preseason game 1..

2014 Mason/Brennan Hype! Awards: Preseason Week 1 Edition

The Nominees:

1. Akeem Davis, S
  2. Trenton Robinson, S
  3. Will Compton, ILB
  4. Ryan Grant, WR
  5. Lache Seastrunk, RB
  6. Chase Minnifield, CB
  7. Silas Redd, RB
  8. Ted Bolser, TE
  9. Zach Hocker, K
  10. Rashad Ross, WR

I remember way back in the dark age of late 2011, when we didn't know which of Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, and Robert Griffin III would be available when we picked, or if we'd like them, that I lobbied for Colt to come here and be a stop-gap QB solution until the 2013 draft which I had suspected at the time would be filled with talent (something which I suspected even more when Barkley went back to USC, and something which ultimately turned out to be very very wrong).

Of course, shortly thereafter, RGIII finished his Heisman campaign strong, we traded up, I was pleased, and the rest is history.

But anyways, Colt should be a decent backup.  He looked sharp out there last night, which is to be expected, he's a solid backup with some starting experience against 2nd and 3rd string defenders.  I like him and Cousins holding down the fort.

How fortunate for the Skins to have had two QB's with the first name Colt. It is just a perfect QB name. I like Colt, it helps the team to have two backup QB's with starting experience. With Colt, he has some extensive starting experience.

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Mason/Brennan Hype! Awards: Preseason Week 2 Edition

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/8/20/6044691/2014-mason-brennan-hype-awards-preseason-week-2-edition

Last Week's Winner: Ryan Grant with 44% of the vote.  2nd Place:  Lache Seastrunk with 34% of the vote

This week's nominees:

• Bacarri Rambo, S
  • Will Compton, ILB
  • Ryan Grant, WR
  • Lache Seastrunk, RB
  • Chase Minnifield, CB
  • Silas Redd, RB
  • Gabe Miller, OLB
  • Zach Hocker, K
  • Rashad Ross, WR

Removed:

• Ted Bolser: The hype of a preseason TD has come and gone for the War Daddy.
  • Akeem Davis: Davis made some plays last week on special teams, but was only in on 4 ST plays this week.

Added:

• Gabe Miller: Miller showed up big time on the hype radar with a sack on Johnny Manziel

To read more and vote, click the link above....

Archived