Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.com: Cowboys send playoff tickets to season-ticket holders

Toe Jam

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000372537/article/cowboys-send-playoff-tickets-to-seasonticket-holders?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Untethered to reality, space and time, the Dallas Cowboys are at it again.

'Boys season-ticket holders opened mailboxes this week to find their annual batch of preseason and regular-season vouchers packaged alongside a "sheet of playoff tickets, including a ticket for the NFC Championship Game," according to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell.

"It's a convenience for our season-ticket holders to have everything in one package," said Brett Daniels, the Cowboys director of corporate communications. "It's an evolution to be fan-friendly. They have their tickets online and if we clinch a playoff berth they go to the computer and click they want the tickets."

click link for more

If they pull off a playoff berth, this will become a trend around the league.  If they sit at home watching the playoffs as they have the last three years, then they are going to be a laughing stock.

When are they not a laughing stock? I could see teams like Denver, NE, grudgingly Seattle and teams like that doing this... you know teams that normally make the playoffs. But Dallas, why should they think they will make the playoffs this year and start sending out tickets in August?

Oh my, Week 17 is going to be great. Tony Romo will repeat again. Cowboys fan will have a thread about leaving Tony alone and how it's not his fault.  Jerruh will be clenching his fists on the sideline trying not to **** slap Jason Garrett.  Playoff tickets will be the icing on the cake.

When are they not a laughing stock? I could see teams like Denver, NE, grudgingly Seattle and teams like that doing this... you know teams that normally make the playoffs. But Dallas, why should they think they will make the playoffs this year and start sending out tickets in August?

Well, you know how they say everything's bigger in Texas?  One thing I can say is that saying seems to hold true when it comes to Jerruh's balls.  :)

This is a stupid idea. Can you imagine the amount of folks who will try to get into the game w/o paying for the tickets? Some won't realize they have to and some will try to scam their way in. And what happens if there is a glitch in the software on game night? There is no contingency if the system is down. After qualifying, the team that prints hard tickets has a hedge against any unforeseen problems. 

This is a stupid idea. Can you imagine the amount of folks who will try to get into the game w/o paying for the tickets? Some won't realize they have to and some will try to scam their way in. And what happens if there is a glitch in the software on game night? There is no contingency if the system is down. After qualifying, the team that prints hard tickets has a hedge against any unforeseen problems. 

I get what you're saying but I also get the counter-argument.  When teams have to mail out a few thousand playoffs tickets the week of the game, there end up being tons of logistical nightmares.  My sister and BIL have Ravens season tickets and every time playoff tickets are on the way, he has to try to plan his day to make sure he's there to answer the FedEx guy.

The only other option I could see is if teams just emailed the tickets to you (PDF) and then you got a hard copy of your ticket once inside the stadium (for memorabilia's sake).

Of course I'm going to rip on the idea bc its the Cowboys, but it's also not the craziest idea in the world.  I just find it funny that they picked this year to start doing then when they haven't hosted a playoff game in years (unless you count the Superb Owl).

Archived