Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

I believe that it can be proven in a court of law that republican denial of scientific evidence stems from monetary ties to the energy industry, primarily lead by Koch Industries. I further believe that the actions taken by current republicans to prevent any form of energy conservation or advance alternative energy projects no matter how beneficial can be proven harmful to the common good and the threaten the safety of the United States as a whole. I believe their quid pro quo actions on behalf of and by the entrenched energy industry can be proven treasonous in a court of law and we the people can take our nation back.

Bottom line. I believe the absolute facts can be proven step by step in a structured debate where broad declarations would not be allowed.

I seriously want to find a lawyer and team of researchers, experts and scientists willing to take this on.

A few recent items...

House Votes To Deny Climate Science And Ties Pentagon's Hands On Climate Change | ThinkProgress

4 Republican former EPA administrators call on Congress to take action on climate change | Climate Science Watch

National Security and the Accelerating Risks of Climate Change (Report Launch) | New Security Beat

15 Military Leaders Who Say Climate Change Is A National Security Threat | Blog | Media Matters for America

meanwhile the billionaires who created the "think tanks" who want to do away with the EPA 

While petcoke company seeks delay, residents want action | Midwest Energy News

Chicagoans Want the Koch Brothers to Stop Polluting The City | VICE News

And what do the fine founders of the tea party want to do in response?....

Koch Brothers Firm Threatens to Sue Chicago - State & Local - GovExec.com

And finally for humor.....

Definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK - FOUL LANGUAGE....

CNN Anchor Bill Weir Angers Fox Nation, Calling Them '******  ********' | Crooks and Liars

• Like 1

Oh and about that money trail. This is cool.... 

Not old enough to vote, 16-year-old builds money-in-politics plug-in - The Washington Post

I've got it installed and it's a pretty good starting point for understanding how these people vote for the money. 

Install Greenhouse | Expose Political Corruption

A free browser extension for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox that exposes the role money plays in Congress. Displays on any web page detailed campaign contribution data for every Senator and Representative, including total amount received and breakdown by industry and by size of donation. Puts vital data where it’s most relevant so you can discover the real impact of money on our political system.

Edited by Mad Mike

But, in Citizens United, the Supreme Court ruled that there is no evidence that money influences politics.

:)

In fact, here's the post I made, of a rather funny Daily Show segment,

I think Tuesday's entire show was about the court's campaign finance decision.

Not the funniest they've done. More a case, I think of "this is really disgusting, but I'm trying to use humor to criticize it".

Donors Unchained A historic Supreme Court ruling on campaign finance offers a resounding victory for the rich that pales only in comparison to the gains Citizens United made for corporations.

And the second part of the (10 minute) opening segment. "Republican presidential hopefuls grovel at the scooter-riding feet of a single donor, yet the Supreme Court is unable to offer examples of the corrupting influence of money."

Their much shorter, after the break, next segment, is on the topic, too. but really didn't say much, IMO.

Yes more ideological warfare is just what we need. Both sides are so quick to point the finger instead of the people looking at their reps. People generalize each others parties so pathetically its like you don't even know any Republicans or democrats besides what you see on tv. People get off to watching the other party get hanged. People are nutjobs too busy screaming at each other to stop and realize that everything they are fed is BS. You get your emotions taken advantage of. The media and the reps play people like puppets. Using trigger words and subjects to distract you. Manipulated like children. Die for your party yo. Put your sets up.

• Like 3

I seriously want to find a lawyer and team of researchers, experts and scientists willing to take this on.

Good luck with that. I'm sincerely hoping you have a crap ton of money to put forward into this lunatic-fringe idea or you know a lawyer as rabidly partisan and crazy as to think this is a good idea and will do it pro-bono.

I truly hope you actually pursue this, as it will be a wonderful form of free entertainment and laughs for myself watching it and by knowing that someone engaging in such an asinine and idiotic endeavor will be spending themselves dry.

I appreciate it, it's always nice to have a laugh before bed.

Nothing, what so ever, that you've yammered on about in any way, shape, or form legitimize any kind of legal action.

Edited by ZRagone
  • Like 1

I feel your frustration, Mike. In the political arena we're in, it would be beneficial if the "fiscal responsibility" part of the Rs could somehow mix with the "empathetic" part of the Ds. I believe stubbornness is to blame, and I'm in full agreement with Bill Maher about WHY that stubbornness exists.

Yes more ideological warfare is just what we need. Both sides are so quick to point the finger instead of the people looking at their reps. People generalize each others parties so pathetically its like you don't even know any Republicans or democrats besides what you see on tv.

There is a fair point in this except that it misses something very, very basic.  The reason it is called a representative form of government is because we are supposed to vote for people to represent us and stand for us.  That means when we say Republicans or Democrats... usually we're not talking about every single person who votes that way, but we are referencing the elected ones who we have chosen to be our surogates.  The guys who stand for us.

And that is fair.  In primaries, town halls, and elections a majority of voters said... this guy best mirrors my beliefs about what I want.  Therefore, if I point to the craziness of a Republican.... let's say one that has served ten terms (in other words, has been chosen as the best champion for his people's wants and needs for 20 plus years) and think that he or she is an examplar of Republicans.  Well, you had ten opportunities to choose someone else and didn't.  Clearly, this guy is you.

It's a you broke it you bought it kind of deal.  You can't keep electing these people and then claim no ownership of what they do.  You can't look at TV or poll after poll of groups who claim to the voice of your group refuting climate change, evolution, and vaccination and say... it isn't fair to lump me in with them.

It is fair because that's how you've voted and that's how you failed to raise your voice to dispute those who rise to represent you.  If they aren't you then do something about it.  If they are you then be proud of it or at least accept it. If people are being fed "BS" then produce the truth to counter it.  Show us the conservative groups fighting for more science grants, pro climate change folks, etc.  Because if the only Republicans who stand up only say one thing... then it is fair to categorize them as unified on that topic.

• Like 3

Yes more ideological warfare is just what we need. Both sides are so quick to point the finger instead of the people looking at their reps. People generalize each others parties so pathetically its like you don't even know any Republicans or democrats besides what you see on tv. People get off to watching the other party get hanged. People are nutjobs too busy screaming at each other to stop and realize that everything they are fed is BS. You get your emotions taken advantage of. The media and the reps play people like puppets. Using trigger words and subjects to distract you. Manipulated like children. Die for your party yo. Put your sets up.

Republican bad, democrat good...am I doing it right?

Both of you missed one very important point, that this isn't a GOP bad Democrat good point. This is about the willful and deliberate effort on behalf of not just a few within the party to mislead and deceive the public about the human influence of climate change in order to further a political and corporate agenda. An accusation that is then substantiated.

But because you either support the accused or don't like the accusation you pretend that this is just petty partisanship, that's where you're wrong. In that way you're like the old trailer park mom who runs out on the street screaming that her boy can't be guilty of cooking meth because that kid next door grows pot.

Both of you missed one very important point, that this isn't a GOP bad Democrat good point. This is about the willful and deliberate effort on behalf of not just a few within the party to mislead and deceive the public about the human influence of climate change in order to further a political and corporate agenda. An accusation that is then substantiated.

Yes, but you see, this is a thread about major political parties denying reality, on a subject which affects the future of the entire world, for money.

And only one political Party is doing that.

Therefore there's something wrong with the thread.

Congradulations, you discovered E.S. The Tailgate Mission Statement!!!!

Seems a convenient way to be dismissive and ignore the subjects.

I don't know that it's a reasonable position. Look at the gun control threads where it's 15:1 in favor of gun rights.

Deal with the issue not the platitude.

Well, I'm moderately conservative, moderate enough to realize that climate change is the reality, beyond any reasonable doubt in my mind.  Is it the result of human influence?  My answer is also, almost certainly yes.  Are there other factors in play, such as "natural stuff we can't control?"  Probably not, after all the earth just doesn't change on its own very quickly (save for an asteroid strike or mega-volcano of some sort, which is like a one in everyone 200 million year occurrence). 

The question for me has always been this-- where do we draw the line, in particular when we live in this global community where everyone else has to be on board.  Bottom line is that is easier and cheaper to produce goods without restrictive environmental regulation. Less cost, more production, better economy relative to our competitors on an international scale.  If we give a foot, how many inches do we need China to give? Or Russia?  Or India? Is this just a global game of chicken?  And if we submit while our competitors don't, are we going to lose our position as the economic powerhouse?  Does that effect our national defense?  Any here honestly want China acting as the world's police force? Is it too much of a gamble to invest in green energy now, because that's based on an assumption that it will not only be cheaper, but at least equally efficient in 30 years? 

Fossil fuel resources remain abundant.  One thing I love about that sneaky little Obama guy (other than the fact that he had the nuts to finish off Bin Laden by invading the sovereignty of a feux-ally) is that the U.S. is now (correct me if i'm wrong) the No. 1 producer of oil in the world, thanks to new methods of extraction (maybe its all forms of energy, I know natural gas and fracking is big).  And we have massive, untapped off shore oil reserves, not to mention Alaska. Gives us a nice little cushion to continue the green energy charge, and I believe we need to take the lead. Just not at the expense of sacrificing too much.

Ahh who cares what I think.  This **** is above my pay grade.

Edited by grhqofb5