Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh LeRibeus' Form Catching Redskins' Attention

I had high hopes for this guy. Still do. I'm glad to hear that he's come to camp in shape. He has the size that Gruden likes & if I remember correctly he also comes with somewhat of a mean streak (which I like). I would be surprised if he got cut considering that we need depth along the line.

HTTR!!!

Some guys wake up and figure out that they have blown a sweet opportunity to make some big bucks. He's still not out of the woods yet as Gruden may feel he has the guys he needs and doesn't want to chance keeping a player who has already shown that he doesn't give a **** about his job...I would have to scrutinze LeRibeus role with this team closely.

Anything to increase competition on the Oline is a good thing, regardless of the short history. Seems quite a few people didn't want to play for MS. If Josh can get his head on straight, he could be a force. I am sure they will put him through his paces. Also, seems there is some veteran leadership emerging on this team that is not letting the young guys off the hook. They are reminding them of their responsibilities to the team. 

C'mon September!!!  

Everything I've heard about LeRib has been positive this year. It would be great for him to pull it all together (finally). 

Been down this road  before. Either out o'shape or in shape but only promising during camp - not hating; just snakebit.

Still hoping for the killer Josh to emerge.

This in from Keim - http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9421/redskins-practice-report-5?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

OK - truth be told - nothing about LeRibeus here - but a lot of other good stuff. Most interesting (albeit somewhat confusing) was the following:

Tom Compton worked with the starters at left tackle; Maurice Hurt then took over Compton's spot as the No. 2 right tackle. Hurt still has a ways to go; he's looked fine at times, but he gave up pressure to Rob Jackson on a wide rush and then to Gabe Miller. In full-team work, Miller drove Hurt back.

Don't know that Hurt has ever played as an OT and McGlynn would definitely be above him (or anyone else for that matter) on the emergency OT depth chart..

Maybe he's real close with a guy for that last OL spot. Maybe they're reaching for anything that he can do before he's next to get kicked off the island. 

Morgan Moses - sounds like he can seal the outside; it's the inside that he has trouble with. A really good guard next to him would be a huge asset if he was pressed into service - on the right.  If Trent went down (GASP!) I think he would be a better option on the left vs trying to put Tyler to left and placing Moses in the RT slot.

Kory Lichtensteiger at center has been impressive.

Still like him at Guard. Nothing against him as a Center, I just like him at Guard. That being said - McGlynn may be too valuable coming off the bench to start. Sounds stupid probably but he can fill in anywhere along the line; that's like three backups in one guy.

So - with their current choices for center I'd say - YTF didn't they sign Brian de la Puente for one year @ $800k; like da Bears did? Sour grapes I guess; I was beating on that drum many moons ago.

Some other honorable mentions went out to Jarvis Jenkins,  David Amerson, Ryan Grant and a few others but you can go there and peruse for yourself if you like.

Hail Johnsbass!

If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure Hurt played some T when we 1st drafted him. Not much or anything, but enough to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (at least in my eye's) that he has no business on the football field. True definition of a wasted roster spot. But whatever....that's just me.

I read that Mosses had been struggling a little the last practice or so. Nothing major but they say he still has a ways to go. I thought at one point that he'd be a lock to start but now I'm thinking that maybe Polumbus is going to be #1.

I agree with you when you said...."A really good guard next to him would be a huge asset if he was pressed into service - on the right." People are all over Chester but I didn't think he was as bad as everyone said. I think that the combination of Chester & Mosses would work very well. The Vet would feed off the energy of the rookie & conversely the rookie would learn how to play in the NFL. I realize that Chester's days are #'d but IMO he still has some gas left. At least for 1 more year. You can start Long next year.

HTTR!!! 

Hail Canada - RE Chester - The problem in my mind was the entire middle, but mostly Chester and Monty. But make no mistake Chester was really bad last year. By all measures he rated on one of the worst RGs in all of football. Now was it just a down year? That's really possible. Also, monty was pretty bad so maybe he was trying to help him too much.

Hurt definitely played a little T but as Canada says, it just proved he needed to look for another position. Let's face it, he got beat out by Polumbus!

I hear all these good things about KL at C but I will believe when I see him do it against other teams. I am still hoping for McGlynn to beat him out but it doesn't sound they are really going to give him a chance. As for McGlynn he cannot play T unless it's an emergency. He is a C or G only. Not long enough or quick enough for T. But big and aggressive. Has a good first step in run blocking. Struggles to keep his man in front of him on pass blocking. Sometimes he is over agressive and whiffs, but that can be coached. IMO he was signed as depth ($825 1 yr contract) at C even though he played G the last 2 years (not very well I might add). Compton looks to provide the depth needed at T and can play G if he had to. He can play either T side and so can Moses.

I said it before and I will say it again, if some combination of Moses, Spencer, Leribius, and/or Compton do not push the incumbants, it will not bode well for our Oline long term. Not saying they all or even any of them need to be starters to open the season, but they should really push the starters  with next year being the year we replace several other players. I like a Line of:

TW - JL (if he can leaves the donuts alone..) - Draft or sign top C unless KL does play well there - Spencer - Moses/Compton

That's just me.   HTTR!

Not much talk about Lauvao. Although Coach Jay wasn't too impressed early on. Sounds like he is starting to pull it together though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9341/redskins-camp-report-day-7?ex_cid=espnapi_public

“We were a little worried; I’m not going to lie,” Gruden said. “But he’s probably the most improved player from OTAs until now.”

This type of statement seems to be a break from the last few years. I don't hear any negative comments about players being released by the staff without a silver lining included. That doesn't imply that just because they aren't saying anything about a guy that it is all bad, just they aren't gonna toss him to the wolves.

Archived