Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSNews:House Republicans forge ahead with lawsuit against Obama

Burgold

So, the House has announced it will indeed sue the President for his alleged abuse of executive orders. However, in the same news conference where House Speaker John Boehner claimed that the President was guilty of "shredding the Constitution" he said that the House has no plans to and will not explore impeachment... that impeachment is off the table.

How do you reconcile that logic? How can the President be guilty of doing something so horrific that the House must sue him over it... something that tears the very soul of the Constitution... yet something that doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense?

How is that possible?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-republicans-forge-ahead-with-lawsuit-against-obama/

Darn it!  I thought I was in the Tailgate.  Can we please move?

I say we as citizens need to sue the republican party for gross stupidity and treason.

extremelibskins strikes again.. don't dare question the dear leader. Now pick up that can citizen.

If you are interested in questioning leadership you can start with the insanity of the tea party.

How do you reconcile that logic? How can the President be guilty of doing something so horrific that the House must sue him over it... something that tears the very soul of the Constitution... yet something that doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense?

They have no intention of impeachment. (Because they know it would cost them at the ballot box.) (They've said so.)

They know that a lawsuit is useless.

What they want, is to have discovery, so they can demand every piece of paper in creation, and then yell "coverup", real loudly, when they only get 90% of the paper since creation.

It's not an investigation with an endgame. The investigation is the endgame.

(Just like it was, with Clinton. Just like every investigation they've had, of Obama.)

I think the lawsuit it going to back-fire and help get Democrats out to the polls. So many issues that Congress doesn't address but they have time for this won't really fly with the American public. Well, it will fly for those that really hate Obama.

Because Obama is the worst President ever, and has violated the Constitution in every way conceivable....but not so badly that they want to impeach him and thrown out of office.

Pure idiotic hypocrisy, and the ONLY reason the GOP is doing this is because it is pure red meat for their voters and it is an election year.

It is nothing more than pure hackery and will only serve to further bring deviciveness and polarization to the nation's politics.

I can't stand any of them I think they are all ****s.

It's not really difficult logic....

Legal action = goes before a "neutral" 3rd party in the judiciary and wouldn't force an upheaval of government but rather a change in action. Has at least a mild chance of succeeding in a way that is meaningful.

impeachment = goes before two biased parties, the house in one case and the senate in another. Due to democratic control of the senate, it has practically 0% chance to succeed in a way that is meaningful, and if it did succeed would cause significant government upheaval.

There's two ways you could get to the other side of the wall. You could pick the lock on a door and open it or you could bash yourself against the wall hoping that it shatters and you can walk through. While picking the lock is unlikely, it's the better option

Legal action is picking the lock of the door. Impeachment is running headlong into the brick wall wishing you were the kool-aid man

That said, some of Obama's executive orders have been unconstitutional. They've been forced by absolute noncooperation, but he has gone beyond the line in several instances. For example, not advising Congress about the Bowe Bergdahl exchange was technically illegal from what I've been told be several professors of law who are not political shills.

However, if you say and believe that Obama has "shredded the Constitution" then he needs to be removed from office.  To not do so would be an incredible deriliction of duty.

It's not really difficult logic....

Legal action = goes before a "neutral" 3rd party in the judiciary and wouldn't force an upheaval of government but rather a change in action. Has at least a mild chance of succeeding in a way that is meaningful.

impeachment = goes before two biased parties, the house in one case and the senate in another. Due to democratic control of the senate, it has practically 0% chance to succeed in a way that is meaningful, and if it did succeed would cause significant government upheaval.

There's two ways you could get to the other side of the wall. You could pick the lock on a door and open it or you could bash yourself against the wall hoping that it shatters and you can walk through. While picking the lock is unlikely, it's the better option

Legal action is picking the lock of the door. Impeachment is running headlong into the brick wall wishing you were the kool-aid man

So a President that is shredding the Constitution should remain President?

Shredding the Constitution would seem a primary violation of the Presidential oath of office.

If the GOP was really serious, then they'd proceed with articles of impeachment.

But they aren't serious.

They are a joke, and We the People are the punchline.

The Rightwing fringe has demanded division and extremism and the GOP leadership has proved gutless to stand up to them.

So a President that is shredding the Constitution should remain President?

Someone shredding the constitution should be removed from office

Politicians running for office shouldn't lie and mislead

Judges shouldn't let political views influence judicial logic

Women shouldn't get hit

Men shouldn't sleep with other men's girlfriends

People shouldn't make fun of other people

The cowboys shouldn't win a football game

I should piss liquid gold and crap rubies

If you want yo deal with fantasy and utopian notions instead of reality be my guest. If you are though, I'd hope you're not someone ****ing about them "wasting time/money" because impeachment would be a bigger waste exponentially

In a perfect world if the GOP in congress felt Obama was shredding the constitution they'd impeach. But it's not a perfect world, and an impeachment has as much chance of succeeding as a the Milwaukee bucks have to three peat in the NBA the next 3 years, and would cause significant issues for the country in the process. It's just not intelligently politically or pragmatically. It makes sense on principle alone, and contrary to the "every conservative is an extremist fringer" meme, few actually advocate on action singularly on principle.

Archived