Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Huerter has all the skills to be in the NBA, body type, shooting, passing, athleticism. Above all he is smart. I wouldn't be surprised if he left, but I agree if he stays he has a chance to become a lottery pick provided he has a good year. Praying he comes back.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Huerter has all the skills to be in the NBA, body type, shooting, passing, athleticism. Above all he is smart. I wouldn't be surprised if he left, but I agree if he stays he has a chance to become a lottery pick provided he has a good year. Praying he comes back.

I agree. He, Bruno, and Jackson all should have come back. Big doubt any of them get drafted in the first round, but come back, have a huge season, with a deep tournament run, and that'd push them all into the first. Huerter and Bruno possibly lottery picks.

Jackson is gone, nothing to be done about that, but I hope the other two play in CP for one more year. Jackson can join Layman on an NBA bench.

• Thanks 1

Sucks for us.

Great for him.

Congrats Kevin, I hope you land on a good roster for you. I never understood why he and his family were Terps fans when he was growing up.  

--------------------

If we had to lose one, Id rather it be Huerter. Wiggins should be every bit of a player that Huerter was. If Bruno left .. we had no one at C. 

Cowan/Ayala/S Smith

Morsell/Ayala/Smith/Wiggins

Wiggins/Morsell/

J Smith/Bender/Tomaic

Fernando/Bender/Tomaic

^^ Tourney team with sweet 16 expectations imo. All starters are top 100 w Ayala a top 100 coming off the bench. C/PF Herard eligible after December. He was No. 47 overall when he came out but seems limited. 

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

More strength and needs to be more consistent with his shooting. Can’t see him contributing much his first year. 

90% of these guys think they are ready for the pros, but they’re not. 

Not worried about the strength aspect.

He'll get stronger like any 19 year old.

And as for his shooting...Kevin was a 50.3 shooter overall.

60.5 from 2pt range and 41.7 from 3.

I think he'll be just fine.

I used to think that you shouldn't leave before your Jr year unless you are a lottery pick. But after seeing what happened with Trimble how he went from a potential 1st round pick to undrafted after 2 more years under Turgeon, if you will go in the 1st round, make the jump. Especially if your stock rises like Huerters. Even if he's not as good as where he is drafted, he's capitalizing on that rising stock. Plus, outside of Alex Len, what NBA talent has Turgeon developed? I don't see how Huerter's draft stock will get any better with another year under Turgeon. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I used to think that you shouldn't leave before your Jr year unless you are a lottery pick. But after seeing what happened with Trimble how he went from a potential 1st round pick to undrafted after 2 more years under Turgeon, if you will go in the 1st round, make the jump. Especially if your stock rises like Huerters. Even if he's not as good as where he is drafted, he's capitalizing on that rising stock. Plus, outside of Alex Len, what NBA talent has Turgeon developed? I don't see how Huerter's draft stock will get any better with another year under Turgeon. 

Nail on the head. Bummed for the team, as with Huerter in the side, they’re a legit contender, IMO. Turgeon is just NOT a top level coach. Very good recruiter I believe, but prefers a static offense, and hinges his team’s success to the defensive side of the ball.

Now, teams need to play solid defense, but putting the peach in the basket is the goal of the game. If you can’t deliver that consistently, you’re going to struggle against the better teams, exactly what Turgeon coached teams do.

Calipari is the perfect counter example. He has embraced the one and done culture instead of fighting it, recruits great athletes, and let’s them play. His free flowing, open floor style highlights his player’s athletic talents, and he allows that talent to work defensively, not through some rigid structure. 

Turgeon, imo, tries to control too much through a more rigid structure, and that hinders the athletic talent his players have a lot of the time. I think the Terps looked their best in games where they pushed the tempo, and let their athletes be athletic. 

I believe that if next season’s team doesn’t have a very good year, Turgeon has to go. UMD is too good a coaching destination to not have a top caliber guy leading that basketball program.

• Like 1