BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

5,078 posts in this topic

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Breaking-HD-Woodson-CB-Vincent-Flythe-Commits-to-Maryland-53279896

Breaking: HD Woodson CB Vincent Flythe Commits to Maryland

HD Woodson (DC) three-star cornerback Vincent Flythe has gone public with his Maryland commitment. After releasing a top six of Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky, Maryland, Temple and Wisconsin, Flythe told 247Sport earlier this week that “I’ll be furthering my academic and athletic career at the University of Maryland.” The 5-foot-11, 175-pound cornerback was a priority during the recruiting process and defensive backs coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahimmade that known during their conversations.

“Me and Aazaar talked like everyday,” Flythe added. “My relationship is great with coach Aazaar, that’s one of the main reasons why I’ll spend my college career at Maryland. Me and him have built something special with each other.” Flythe opted to make his commitment public on Friday afternoon, but admitted to be pondering the decision for some time.

Flythe and his teammates embarked on a week-long bus tour to camp at several schools, including Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky. Flythe told 247Sports that of all the visits, Kentucky was the one that stood out the most.

But even so, the Terrapins kept in touch with Flythe the entire trip and that made a difference for him. “I don’t know when I knew exactly, but Maryland was always big around me and my family. Maryland definitely kept in touch—that was a big factor.”

When it came time to sit down with his family, the hometown school had everything he needed—and the coach that he wanted. “Maryland is just a good fit. The coaches changed, everything is just on the up right now with Maryland. Aazaar is from the area just like me so I knew that we both grew up almost the exact same. I know he’s going to coach me hard, he’s going to push me hard to do the right thing. I know I’m going to further myself as both a person and a player.”

Next step, Flythe hopes him and his teammates are able to carry their success from high school to college. “Of course, I’ll be recruiting all of them. It’ll be the same as high school, we win now in high school and that’s the plan at Maryland, to win in college. If my teammates came too, it’s a wrap. I’ll be trying to recruit a lot of people outside of my teammates, trying to keep the DMV movement strong.”

“I think the people, the coaching staff, just everyone in the Maryland building. It feels good, like it’s a good vibe. It’s basically home for me.” Flythe becomes the fifth commitment in eight days and 13th overall. His commitment gives the Terps’ the nation’s 16th-best recruiting class and fifth-best in the Big Ten. He's a composite three-star recruit and rated an 85 by 247Sports.

BOOM! Jalen Smith signs to play with his old teammate Morsell. BIG get!

Now, if they can get Quickley and Brown, the Terps would be legit Natty contenders immediately. Make it happen Turge!

2 people like this