Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp questions (coming from NJ)

BraveWarrior

(Sorry if I missed a thread that already addresses these things)

My wife and I are coming down to Richmond from NJ for camp on July 30 and 31. We went to several camps at Redskins Park and enjoyed them immensely. We both like the area in Loudon County, and had become familiar with the route to take, where to stay, places to eat, etc. Enjoyed visiting the Redskins store in Dulles Town Center. A little anxious about camp being in Richmond. It adds a few more hours drive time, and I've never been to Richmond, so I have no idea what to expect.

First, I just found out about this whole ticket lottery, but as far as I can tell, it seems to only affect FAD and the practices with the Pats. Correct?

Second - what's the parking situation? Are there lots nearby, or will we have to park far away and take a shuttle/cab/bus?

What's a good time to arrive at the facility in order to get a good spot to view practice? Not interested in being right up on the sideline or trying to get autographs; bringing folding chairs so we can relax and have a decent view of everything (looks like there are tiers going up the field alongside the field).

Are the weekday crowds comparable to the ones they drew at Redskins Park? More? Less?

We plan to just go to the morning practices on the 30th and 31st, so what else is there to do in/around Richmond for the rest of the day?

HTTR!

Archived